2008 CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL.....MANCHESTER UNITED v CHELSEA

Started by Shrewdness, May 13, 2008, 12:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shrewdness

Instead of flicking between the United and Chelsea threads to view posts on this, i thought it made more sense to have one thread for all fans.

Fergie has stated that he faces a selection headache as he has a full squad of 26 FIT Players and reckons picking the subs will be harder than picking the team.

So, who do we think he should pick.

As for Chelsea, who is Grant likely to pick. Let's presume that Terry and Drogba will both be fit.

The Watcher Pat

I dont care who he picks to be honest...This has to be the worst final possible for neutrals....With both teams you either love them or hate them...I mean i don't want UTD to do the double and don't want Chelsea to win the European cup.....

How do you chose?
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 13, 2008, 12:32:23 PM
Instead of flicking between the United and Chelsea threads to view posts on this, i thought it made more sense to have one thread for all fans.

Fergie has stated that he faces a selection headache as he has a full squad of 26 FIT Players and reckons picking the subs will be harder than picking the team.

So, who do we think he should pick.

As for Chelsea, who is Grant likely to pick. Let's presume that Terry and Drogba will both be fit.

with utd have a full pack to pick from we can assume there will be no O'Shea in the squad..therefore no irish involvement

jjjshabadoojnr

I would love utd to Play the following team:
         Vds
Brown      Ferd      Vidic      Evra
                 Hargreaves          Scholes       Anderson

Ronaldo             Rooney              Tevez   

He seems to have gone off Anderson lately. I think he is a serious player and would be one of my first names down.   

I think Fergie will pick the following:
            Vds
Brown      Ferd      Vidic      Evra
Ronaldo        Fletcher              Scholes       Carrick      Park
            Rooney

I have a feeling he will pick Fletcher for this game. He is never afraid to throw him in for big games, plus he had a stormer earlier on in league at OT.   Don't think he will go with both rooney and tevez in starting 11, as who can you leave on bench to make impact if needed. Sicknote Saha??

Think Chelsea if all available will be:
            Cech
Essien      Terry         Carvalho      Cole
            Makelele
      Lampard         Ballack
   Cole                     Malouda
            Diver(sorry drogba)

Shrewdness

If United are going to win this, Ronaldo's form against Ashley Cole is going to have to improve big time.

In my opinion, Cole has always held the upper hand on Ronaldo, even going back to his Arsenal days.

We need Ronaldo at his brilliant best, worrying Chelsea, instead of a petulant, sulking performance where he's looking to the skies every 5 minutes.

From a sheer attacking point of view, the team i would pick is ......

Van der Sar

Brown                           Ferdinand                                   Vidic                             Evra

Ronaldo                       Carrick                                       Scholes                           Giggs

Tevez                                                  Rooney

However, that could leave us weak defensively on the flanks, as neither Ronaldo or Giggs is the greatest in the world at tracking back.

That's why i feel Fergie will again opt for Park Ji Sung on one wing.

If it does come to a choice between either Fletcher or Hargreaves playing, i'd opt for Hargreaves.

ExiledGael

Don't hink Fletcher/Hargreaves have a chance of playing, and I'd be keen for a workhorse like Park to keep Cole busy all night. They offer little from right back so Ronaldo will play there, for the most part. Park will try to keep Cashley out of the game and think he could, given how much success Kuyt had on him in the semi-final.
Tevez cannot be left out, and all season Carrick has really developed at central midfield. Although I'm a big fan od Hargreaves Carrick is ten times a better passer of the ball going forward. Can't see it being anything other than this. Hargreaves and Giggs certs for the bench, probably Nani, Anderson and O'Shea also.

Van der Sar
Brown     Ferdinand       Vidic       Evra
Park          Scholes     Carrick    Ronaldo
             Tevez                    Rooney

lurganblue

i would agree withat team for united EG and if so i would have a concern, if i was a united fan, that makelele, lampard and ballack could control that midfield for long periods of the game

ExiledGael

On paper you'd think that, but Park will put them under as much pressure as possible and Tevez will sit in his usual deep position to harry Makelele at every opportunity. Not going to be a typical 4-4-2 though. Both of them have the sheer energy to deal with that, I hope.

Shrewdness

After the stabbing of a Zenit fan last night in Manchester, i hope the yobs and police in Moscow won't get their wires crossed, and confuse United fans with Rangers fans, with the British link etc.

Minder

Quote from: Shrewdness on May 15, 2008, 11:53:49 AM
After the stabbing of a Zenit fan last night in Manchester, i hope the yobs and police in Moscow won't get their wires crossed, and confuse United fans with Rangers fans, with the British link etc.

Im sure if they behave themselves thay should be ok......
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stew

Giggs should start before Park, Park shouldnt even be in the squad.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Norf Tyrone

The Home Office have issued a safety warning to Manchester United Fans travelling to Moscow:

Due to the poor areas which are prevalent in the city, they must guard against all of the following.......

Gun Crime. Stabbings. Assault. Robbery. Gang Violence. Pickpockets. Theft. Burglary. Rape.

Fans are therefore advised to take a properly licensed taxi to Manchester Airport to avoid these problems, and ensure a safe start to their journey to Moscow.

Couldn't help it :-)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

SammyG

Shrewdness

Where the hell are all the United fans on this site ???

Just 4 days to go to one of the 3 biggest matches in our club's history so far, and i have to rescue this thread from halfway down Page 3 :o

On the other United thread, i see we're still boasting about our League win and slagging off Liverpool fans. We've got the summer long for that.

Come on lads and lassies, let's get talking about Moscow.

Are there any Chelsea fans out there prepared to offer a view.

new devil

Quote from: stew on May 15, 2008, 04:17:52 PM
Giggs should start before Park, Park shouldnt even be in the squad.

You obviously didn't watch the semifinal against Barca