Premier League 2016/17

Started by Boycey, July 13, 2016, 01:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: SHEEDY on May 29, 2017, 06:48:32 PM
Just seen on twitter that huddersfield are the 1st team promoted with a negative goal difference. they never won any off their 3 play off games and never scored a goal in any of those games. But they are up and thats what matters.  :)
I forgot all about that game, reading the reports it doesn't look like i missed much.

BennyHarp

Just seen on twitter that huddersfield are the 1st team promoted with a negative goal difference. they never won any off their 3 play off games and never scored a goal in any of those games. But they are up and thats what matters.  :)

They scored a goal v Sheff Wednesday at Hillsborough. They were good value for their wins in both the semi final and final. Did you actually watch any of these games?
That was never a square ball!!

SHEEDY

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 29, 2017, 10:06:08 PM

They scored a goal v Sheff Wednesday at Hillsborough. They were good value for their wins in both the semi final and final. Did you actually watch any of these games?
the stat i had was stole from twitter as stated and if wrong regarding goals scored i apologise for trusting twitter as a good source of info.
never seen any of the semi final but watched todays play off final and the only thing that came out of it for me is that there is now only 2 relegation places up for grabs next year. think the record for lowest points total might be under threat next year. 2 poor teams on show today.
nil satis nisi optimum

gawa316

Think their goal was an own goal so I guess 'they' didn't score

BennyHarp

I'm currently living in Huddersfield and although not a fan as such I do have a soft spot for them. I've been to a number of their games this season including the 4-1 hammering of Brighton a few weeks ago and the first leg of the play offs were they dominated the game against a very negative and disappointing Sheff Wed.  It is a fantastic family club and have adopted a sort of German model of very cheap season tickets to fill the ground. Prices for next seasons are currently £179 for adults and £29 for kids which is the same as this season. They have a tidy ground which is packed with 24,000+ virtually every week and they play a very high energy style similar to Klopp at Liverpool which is unsurprising given Wagners close links. They have a small squad and once promotion was secured took the strategy of resting key players for the play offs and shipped a few heavy defeats as a result. I agree that they are favourites to go down but they have a class manager and a good team ethic, I might have a smalll bet on them staying up, Personally I'm looking forward to premier league football a short walk away from my house next season.
That was never a square ball!!