Antrim lives up to its name as a sectarian cesspit

Started by Doogie Browser, April 29, 2009, 12:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ziggysego on April 29, 2009, 02:25:26 PM
The man should be embarrassed of himself GDA. Hopefully the majority of the people he claims to represent are too. Surprised he's a UUP man though.

Doogie, I wouldn't dignify myself by getting in contact with him. He would love that and say it would prove his point about the GAA. I hope others won't either.

Moses who complained about Tyrone tops is UUP as well. I am not surprised. There was a boy Moses played for Man Utd in the seventies but it ain't him or the man with the beard got the tablets from Jesus but a bollox from Castlederg who has made no contribution to football or leading people to the promised land or anything else for that matter.   

ziggysego

The Moses you're referring to, is still a teenager fox.
Testing Accessibility

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ziggysego on April 29, 2009, 02:33:31 PM
The Moses you're referring to, is still a teenager fox.
Sounds like he needs a few tablets...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Afaik there was also a PUP fella on talkback agreeing with the protests.

As for the issue itself, I think it's a disgrace that this can still occur in the 21st century! These people are dinosaurs.
What was really worrying was the number of text messages coming into the "Talkback" show supporting these bigots and also accusing the GAA of being bigoted and secterian and linking it with organisations such as the Orange Order and not with other sporting organisations. Do a portion of the unionist people of the north still believe this?!!!!  :-\
Tbc....

Minder

Lads is anyone surprised? I sure as hell am not. Antrim is a bad hole. As Tony Baloney says you can have all the "conflict resolution", "victims awareness" s*ite you want, these groups are exclusively to keep their noses in the trough of EU money. Peoples attitudes are no different now to 20 years ago. If anyone does think we are now all skipping through the meadow holding hands, ask yourself this question. Would you wear a Gaa top in Ballymena, Larne or Antrim?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 29, 2009, 02:47:03 PM
Afaik there was also a PUP fella on talkback agreeing with the protests.

As for the issue itself, I think it's a disgrace that this can still occur in the 21st century! These people are dinosaurs.
What was really worrying was the number of text messages coming into the "Talkback" show supporting these bigots and also accusing the GAA of being bigoted and secterian and linking it with organisations such as the Orange Order and not with other sporting organisations. Do a portion of the unionist people of the north still believe this?!!!!  :-\

They want to believe it. Itis no odds about them just terrible the kids were treated like this. 

Doogie Browser

They were collecting for a GAA club agreed long ago with the supermarket, what else are they to wear?  Boyscout uniforms?  Any time you go to a supermarket and the bag fillers are there, they ALWAYS are wearing a T-shirt/fleece of the organisation they represent. 

orangeman

This is a proper scandal - makes you wonder had they been from a different sort of "club", would the response from the manager have been the same ?

Hereiam

You would love to be able to organise a boycott of their stores but you just know it could never happen on a large scale which is a pity. If every GAA supporter was to come out aganist this Tesco would soon see how many people it offended by its actions.

Doogie Browser

The BBC report has been updated now to include some more detail, gets worse to be honest.
I don't think Tesco can be totally blamed though, the manager shit his pants before checking it out I would say. 
They will now end up banning all sporting organisations from doing charity collections and the whole community suffers, but the bigots won't give a hoot.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8024732.stm

passedit

Quote from: illdecide on April 29, 2009, 12:54:36 PM
I was listening to that on the radio and was never as angry...I'd have loved to have smacked that Councilor...F**K he is one bitter b**tard, I'm surprised them kids we're not assaulted.

It still amazes me they way people still think of the GAA within the loyalist community

It's not just the 'loyalist' community Illdecide, the headmistress of St Comgalls catholic maintained primary school in Bangor banned the wearing of GAA tops for last friday's schools day as she' did not want to cause offence'.   
Don't Panic

EC Unique

Councillor Adrian Watson
Deputy Mayor of Antrim 2008/2009
UUP

Party Office 028 9446 1211

Community Planning
Development & Leisure
Environment & Borough Services
Public Services
Information Management Sub-Group
Arts & Heritage Committee
Antrim Borough Strategy Partnership
Bonfire Sub-Committee
Antrim District Policing Partnership
Events & Festivals
Fuel Poverty Steering Group
National Association of Councilllors
Northern Ireland Amenity Council

Another keen passtime of his >:(

Roger

Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 29, 2009, 01:04:36 PM
And like the kids at Tesco they have no choice but to accept this, people talk about groups like Freemasons, Knights etc as if they are little tea and sandwich groups yet these are exactly the kind of 'institutions' (apt) that perpetuate the hatred and sectarianism against all things Nationalist in the 6 counties still.   
How do the Freemasons perpetuate hatred and sectarianism?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: EC Unique on April 29, 2009, 04:02:40 PM
Councillor Adrian Watson
Deputy Mayor of Antrim 2008/2009
UUP

Party Office 028 9446 1211

Community Planning
Development & Leisure
Environment & Borough Services
Public Services
Information Management Sub-Group
Arts & Heritage Committee
Antrim Borough Strategy Partnership
Bonfire Sub-Committee
Antrim District Policing Partnership
Events & Festivals
Fuel Poverty Steering Group
National Association of Councilllors
Northern Ireland Amenity Council

Another keen passtime of his >:(

Tbc....

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Roger on April 29, 2009, 04:13:25 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on April 29, 2009, 01:04:36 PM
And like the kids at Tesco they have no choice but to accept this, people talk about groups like Freemasons, Knights etc as if they are little tea and sandwich groups yet these are exactly the kind of 'institutions' (apt) that perpetuate the hatred and sectarianism against all things Nationalist in the 6 counties still.   
How do the Freemasons perpetuate hatred and sectarianism?
Sorry, you are right toger they are a great bunch of people.