Rory McIlroy

Started by Oraisteach, February 26, 2012, 06:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2017, 05:56:49 PM
Quote from: Franko on January 09, 2017, 04:53:44 PM
Quote from: screenexile on January 09, 2017, 04:49:03 PM
Would everyone prefer he's some boring Jordan Spieth type who just praises everything and everybody without actually saying anything??

Big deal he came out with the PC statement of Zika when in truth his reasons for pulling out were probably a mix of the identity issue/golf not being an olympic sport and zika as well. He's still relatively young and it must be great for all you lads knocking him who never made a mistake or said something they shouldn't have!

By the time he finishes his career he will be the most decorated and most successful sportsperson ever seen on this island. . . Any wonder he's slated by his own sure we all know we're a nation of begrudgers!!

Ach, a load of aul bollix.  You're allowed to criticise someone without being a 'begrudger'.  Also, did you read the article?  He basically admitted himself that the zika thing was bullshit, so I don't know why you're still talking about it here.

We get it, you don't like him...

Could pick holes on every sports person, unfortunately for Rory he lives in a divided shit hole were your personality and loyalties are more important than actual sporting ability and achievements!!

Ah it's you again. Yawn.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on January 09, 2017, 06:26:31 PM
Would everyone prefer he's some boring Jordan Spieth type who just praises everything and everybody without actually saying anything??

Big deal he came out with the PC statement of Zika when in truth his reasons for pulling out were probably a mix of the identity issue/golf not being an olympic sport and zika as well. He's still relatively young and it must be great for all you lads knocking him who never made a mistake or said something they shouldn't have!

By the time he finishes his career he will be the most decorated and most successful sportsperson ever seen on this island. . . Any wonder he's slated by his own sure we all know we're a nation of begrudgers!!

Ach, a load of aul bollix.  You're allowed to criticise someone without being a 'begrudger'.  Also, did you read the article?  He basically admitted himself that the zika thing was bullshit, so I don't know why you're still talking about it here.

Could pick holes on every sports person, unfortunately for Rory he lives in a divided shit hole were your personality and loyalties are more important than actual sporting ability and achievements!!

Ah it's you again. Yawn.

Could post same for you.... yawn.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Franko

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2017, 07:38:33 PM

Ah it's you again. Yawn.

How witty of you.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on January 09, 2017, 08:14:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 09, 2017, 07:38:33 PM

Ah it's you again. Yawn.

How witty of you.

Thanks
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

stew

Quote from: AQMP on January 09, 2017, 12:51:57 PM
McIlroy blaming the Olympics for putting him in an "awkward" spot is frankly ridiculous.  Had he never seen it before??  He may not feel any allegiance to the Tricolour or the Union Jack but in the past he's been happy to drape himself in the sectarian Ulster Banner.  If he feels "Northern Irish" why didn't he represent Great Britain & NI??

Shut up.

The man was honest and people like you going out of their way to be offended make my shite stink, rack away off, there are larger problems in the world that need sorting.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Declan

I thought it was a great interview and showed that he's different from the usual bland corporate speak we get.Kimmage himself said he was really open and answered every question he put to him honestly and with no filters

Orior

By coincidence, I bought book about Rory McIlroy from my local paper shop on Saturday. It was marked down from £25 to £5 and I thought good deal for a hard back book charting Rory's success.

It had lots of photos from Holywood Golf Club and pictures of Rory when he was an ordinary club golfer playing in the regular inter-club matches and all-ireland boys competitions.

It focused quite a bit of his father's golfing pedigree, and his uncle. I wondered why was there nothing about his mother's sporting pedigree, but then, that might not go down so well in north Down.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

trileacman

If everyone liked Mcilroy I'd probably hate him for being a smug, obnoxious, boring, golf p***k.

But because people distinctly hate mcirloy because he doesn't fall into our stereotype of how a Lad on our side of the house should act I fell obliged to take his side on things. I actually kind of like him because a load of bollocks hate him.

Not liking mcilroy because hes a taig who doesn't play for Ireland or wave the tricolour is akin to hating a lad because he doesn't go to mass anymore or he married a Protestant.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

armaghniac

Quote from: trileacman on January 09, 2017, 08:47:20 PM
Not liking mcilroy because hes a taig who doesn't play for Ireland or wave the tricolour is akin to hating a lad because he doesn't go to mass anymore or he married a Protestant.

No, it isn't.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

randomusername

He's stuck between a rock and a hard place. As nationalists (predominately) we probably find him hard to understand but apparently a greater number of North Down catholics see themselves as British rather than Irish, according to the last census.  It is what it is. A significant number of catholics from republican areas ticked the 'Northern Irish only' option in the identity question as well e.g. 25% of people from Carrickmore which is 99% catholic.

http://airomaps.nuim.ie/flexviewer/?config=NICensus2011.xml

For all you map nerds out there.

Itchy

He's only a little bollox. No integrity. He wasn't straight about the olympics.

screenexile

Quote from: Itchy on January 09, 2017, 09:11:42 PM

Get fucked so he put out a statement and then decided to tell the truth and let's be honest zika was part of the issue as well as the others.

Must be great up there on your pedestal having never made a mistake or told a lie in your life!!

laoislad

Quote from: screenexile on January 09, 2017, 09:46:08 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 09, 2017, 09:11:42 PM

Get fucked so he put out a statement and then decided to tell the truth and let's be honest zika was part of the issue as well as the others.

Must be great up there on your pedestal having never made a mistake or told a lie in your life!!
No it wasn't  ;D
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Out of all the info in that Kimmage interview,  folk on here who clearly dislike McIlroy are still clinging to the zika virus story as their stick.... Irrational hooers !

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on January 09, 2017, 10:54:15 PM
Out of all the info in that Kimmage interview,  folk on here who clearly dislike McIlroy are still clinging to the zika virus story as their stick.... Irrational hooers !

They didn't read it, rather stick smiley faces on end of posts, cause that makes it funnier it seems