Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Great to see Paul Buchanan in the line up for Ulster Gaa Coach of the Year. He has been at the very forefront of coaching juveniles at club (Lamh Dhearg) and school (De La Salle) and county development squads too for at least three decades. His committment alone has introduced Gaelic Games to thousands of juveniles over the years, all of who will testify to the big mans passion for promoting all things good about the GAA.

There is not one coach I can think of who has given his time so unselfishly working with so many people over such a sustained period, all quietly without looking for his name in lights. If ever a person was deserving of an honour like this its "Big Buch", so give him your support by going on to Antrim Facebook page and give him your vote. Just follow the link its simple.

BigBallWeeBall

U21 football - handy win for Whitehill today but I hear that there was a 5 minute free for all in Rossa St Brigids today and match effectively abandoned. Anyone clarify

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on November 17, 2019, 04:59:29 PM
U21 football - handy win for Whitehill today but I hear that there was a 5 minute free for all in Rossa St Brigids today and match effectively abandoned. Anyone clarify

Spectators got involved on the pitch at the end of the game after Rossa missed a penalty. Looked very poor esp when supporters get involved. Ref blew the game up probably a bit early but he was left with no option.

Hard to know what the ramifications will be. Prob fines if the ref puts it on his report.

Good wins the day for Randalstown  and Creggan as well. That will be a good semi final.
hurl like f**k boi!

imtommygunn

Listed as a result on county website.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Yeah game was basically on the blow so the ref blew the whistle. With a shuffle like that the ref did the right thing.
hurl like f**k boi!

Belfast GAA man

Players subs supporters all involved. Can't be swept under carpet

playwiththewind1st

Good to see the Christmas spirit has started early among the young ones.

BigBallWeeBall

Sounds serious enough if spectators got involved as well. Has to be repercussions for those involved before someone gets a serious injury

playwiththewind1st

Too many of them learning their trade in The Holylands these days.

Belfast GAA man

The referees report will need to b perfect as no doubt st brigids barrister will b inspecting it to get boys off whether guilty or not

playwiththewind1st

It was always his practice to drop in to the referee's room for a one to one afterwards, in any case.

bannside

Strange one! Two clubs normally associated with excellent discipline.

playwiththewind1st

Ya reckon? Although it was a small ball game championship match, I can well remember officiating at Shaw's Road & hearing an "everybody in" instruction being issued by an ex-county player. 

Milltown Row2

Strange one all the same, games today all started at 11! A lot of anger for that time in the morning.

My game had some friendly getting to know you stuff! Nothing else, haven't seen the other teams but was impressed with Tir na og
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

St Galls too slick for us, decent outfit although someone made a comment that St Galls had players from four different clubs! Tell me thats not correct MR2!