China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andoireabu

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 06, 2020, 11:42:15 AM
Quote from: andoireabu on June 06, 2020, 10:05:32 AM
Quote from: Downtothewire on June 05, 2020, 10:11:41 PM
Quote from: andoireabu on June 05, 2020, 08:20:30 PM
What's the story with crossing the border when the ban is lifted in July? Do you have to isolate for two weeks after you return?

Wise up, in fact just go an isolate for the next 6 months

Good lad thanks for that. Hardly inconceivable that someone might have to travel across the border in both directions and wonder what the rules are since there isn't an all island response. But sure you keep going with the wise cracks. Whatever gives you a lift I suppose

I'm going to Dublin next week, what is the actual rules? Essential travel only?
Thing this covers it from North to South. Not sure what the story is on the return leg though. And this is due to update on Monday

https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/travel.html
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Itchy

Quote from: Franko on June 06, 2020, 07:52:58 AM
Brilliant to see the virus receding, especially when it's pretty obvious that a lot of the measures are all but being ignored in many cases.

What is the rationale behind the rates dropping so consistently?  Even in England, they are seeing their 7-day average death rate coming down pretty consistently.

Have they got the principal mode of transmission wrong?  Is it spread by skin-skin contact?  Because that is the one thing that I think almost everyone is still avoiding (and/or sanitising hands well).  Or has the virus mutated into something more benign?

RadioGAAGAA, what are your thoughts on this?

It seems today's Corona virus doesnt pack the same punch as the one that came a few months back. Its clear there is still an awful lot unknown about this virus.

armaghniac

Quote from: Itchy on June 06, 2020, 03:50:23 PM
Brilliant to see the virus receding, especially when it's pretty obvious that a lot of the measures are all but being ignored in many cases.

What is the rationale behind the rates dropping so consistently?  Even in England, they are seeing their 7-day average death rate coming down pretty consistently.

Have they got the principal mode of transmission wrong?  Is it spread by skin-skin contact?  Because that is the one thing that I think almost everyone is still avoiding (and/or sanitising hands well).  Or has the virus mutated into something more benign?

It seems today's Corona virus doesnt pack the same punch as the one that came a few months back. Its clear there is still an awful lot unknown about this virus.

What does this mean though? Is it less likely to infect you or less likely to kill you?  If it is the former then the number of cases would hold  up, but deaths and hospitalisation would fall. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Ed Ricketts

With all the pictures of beaches and protests it might seem like the everyone has given up on things, but are these people really representative of the entire population or just a very visible minority?

There's little doubt many people are taking chances that they wouldn't have a couple of months ago, but perhaps there's still a large unseen majority keeping things pretty tight. That would go a way to explaining the numbers falling even with the antics of those that can't seem to resist the pull of a crowd.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

trailer

What's the story with crossing the border when the ban is lifted in July? Do you have to isolate for two weeks after you return?

Good lad thanks for that. Hardly inconceivable that someone might have to travel across the border in both directions and wonder what the rules are since there isn't an all island response. But sure you keep going with the wise cracks. Whatever gives you a lift I suppose

Teaching conference?

five points

As a NI-resident, you can come and go as you please. The ROI restrictions don't apply to you.

larryin89

Some official on there from Qatar speaking about the plans for the World Cup in 2022 and the reporter asked him if there was plans in place for social distancing.

I officially give up , I no longer understand this .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on June 06, 2020, 07:51:09 PM
Some official on there from Qatar speaking about the plans for the World Cup in 2022 and the reporter asked him if there was plans in place for social distancing.

What do you not understand? Social distancing will be here until a vaccine is found.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on June 06, 2020, 07:55:12 PM

What do you not understand? Social distancing will be here until a vaccine is found.

Maybe not. Most people infected don't spread the disease.

Danger areas are where crowds gather. Maybe regulation wll focus on then.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

Viral load a big thing apparently. As well as super spreader events there seem to be super spreader individuals - e.g. in South Korea from the night club instances. Apparently this is hugely variable between people who have it but some for unknown reason have a high "viral load" so will be likely to spread it more.

seafoid

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 06, 2020, 08:07:57 PM
Viral load a big thing apparently. As well as super spreader events there seem to be super spreader individuals - e.g. in South Korea from the night club instances. Apparently this is hugely variable between people who have it but some for unknown reason have a high "viral load" so will be likely to spread it more.

https://ft.com/content/121c2f30-9f69-11ea-ba68-3d5500196c30

"They can focus on catching the relatively few events that spread the pandemic coronavirus explosively.

But it also means surveillance systems need to be comprehensive, quick and watertight."

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

larryin89

Why so ? Who dictates such changes in life .

There are 140 people in hospital with covid out of five million in Ireland , ffs wake up this is getting out of hand completely.

macdanger2

Quote from: seafoid on June 06, 2020, 08:02:31 PM

Maybe not. Most people infected don't spread the disease.

Danger areas are where crowds gather. Maybe regulation wll focus on then.

Is this based on a study?

Smurfy123

Larry was just a month ago you were saying people aren't taking this serious on the board and that they next championship could be 2024
Why have you changed so drastically?
Now before you say well things have changed in 4 weeks if you had of been looking at it more closely you would have been able to see that was going to happen
Now you have went full 360

larryin89

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 06, 2020, 08:54:38 PM
Larry was just a month ago you were saying people aren't taking this serious on the board and that they next championship could be 2024
Why have you changed so drastically?
Now before you say well things have changed in 4 weeks if you had of been looking at it more closely you would have been able to see that was going to happen
Now you have went full 360

Absolutely gone 360 and no shame admitting it , my worry was the hospitals been overwhelmed like the images we seen in Italy and thinking how it was explained their health service was Twice as good as ours too .

But now we find ourselves in a very different place and all I'm hearing is "the new normal " . I find it very concerning how all of a sudden there is an acceptance of society been dictated to . Some of the commentary from the likes of houlihan is way beyond his station .