China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 05, 2020, 02:19:34 PM
The rates have dropped for the last 5 weeks.

First wave done, hopefully the second wave doesn't come and we can get back to normal

Fingers and toes crossed.

tbrick18

Quote from: Rois on June 05, 2020, 02:35:14 PM
Quote from: tbrick18 on June 05, 2020, 02:24:38 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 05, 2020, 02:22:15 PM
A new normal milltown
As far as I know the 3 are confirmed cases in and out of hospitals. I know in the south they count all positive results. Something like 13% of all cases need hospital treatment.
Would that be right?

So assuming worst case scenario and all 3 are in hospital, those 3 make up 13% of total infected. Roughly 23 infected in NI.
Keeping R below 1 now is key when we've got this far.
BBC reporting that there are 55 patients in total being treated for confirmed or suspected cases (10 of whom are in ICU).
There are 3 NEW cases identified between yesterday morn and this morn.  Not 3 in hospital.

Ah, ok my misunderstanding there. I thought there was only 3 in hospital.
By using the same approach that put about 423 infected in the population.

EDIT: read the BBC report. NISRA deaths are at 757 with 36 deaths in week ending 29th May.
Department of health reports 528 deaths for the same date.
NISRA states that excess deaths in NI are 939 which is accepted as the actual COVID death rate here. Almost double what Department of Health are reporting.

Jim Bob

Today there are now 7 patients in IC in the North with he virus

Rossfan

Full steam ahead to phase 2 in the 26.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

andoireabu

What's the story with crossing the border when the ban is lifted in July? Do you have to isolate for two weeks after you return?
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Jeepers Creepers

Channel 4 news reporting Pharm company Astracenica already making a vaccine. Just waiting on the nod to go live which could be September???
Please tell me someone else seen this!?

imtommygunn

Just reading about it on the bbc. The risk is that it doesn't work apparently... they seem to be hedging their bets on manufacturing a load of these vaccines up front. They must be confident as it would be a huge outlay. They have made big commitments too.

trailer

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on June 05, 2020, 09:15:22 PM
Channel 4 news reporting Pharm company Astracenica already making a vaccine. Just waiting on the nod to go live which could be September???
Please tell me someone else seen this!?

I did. But they have to prove it works and they have to get it approved. The idea is if it works they'll have a stock right away but there's a couple of big, big ifs in that scenario.

larryin89

What's going to happen in the US after all these protests there's literally thousands out on the streets in every city and town . Surely this will have a horrible effect on the numbers with covid19 ? If it doesn't , how is it explained ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Downtothewire

Quote from: andoireabu on June 05, 2020, 08:20:30 PM
What's the story with crossing the border when the ban is lifted in July? Do you have to isolate for two weeks after you return?

Wise up, in fact just go an isolate for the next 6 months

macdanger2

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 05, 2020, 09:30:49 PM
Just reading about it on the bbc. The risk is that it doesn't work apparently... they seem to be hedging their bets on manufacturing a load of these vaccines up front. They must be confident as it would be a huge outlay. They have made big commitments too.

A few other pharma companies are doing the same, developing manufacturing in parallel with testing instead of in series.

Franko

Quote from: Smurfy123 on June 05, 2020, 09:31:36 AM
No
4 people allowed inside shielded houses in the south from Monday
The British government were in a great position that they were 3 weeks behind everyone else so should have been able to learn from others
They have completely lost control of this and an enquiry when it happens will not look good on them

It'll be like every other British inquiry.  Fudged initially, then drawn out and watered down so much that it will be meaningless.  Nobody who matters will be affected by its outcome.  At the very worst, Whitty & co will get hung out to dry.

Franko

Brilliant to see the virus receding, especially when it's pretty obvious that a lot of the measures are all but being ignored in many cases.

What is the rationale behind the rates dropping so consistently?  Even in England, they are seeing their 7-day average death rate coming down pretty consistently.

Have they got the principal mode of transmission wrong?  Is it spread by skin-skin contact?  Because that is the one thing that I think almost everyone is still avoiding (and/or sanitising hands well).  Or has the virus mutated into something more benign?

RadioGAAGAA, what are your thoughts on this?

andoireabu

Quote from: Downtothewire on June 05, 2020, 10:11:41 PM

Good lad thanks for that. Hardly inconceivable that someone might have to travel across the border in both directions and wonder what the rules are since there isn't an all island response. But sure you keep going with the wise cracks. Whatever gives you a lift I suppose
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: andoireabu on June 06, 2020, 10:05:32 AM
Quote from: Downtothewire on June 05, 2020, 10:11:41 PM

Good lad thanks for that. Hardly inconceivable that someone might have to travel across the border in both directions and wonder what the rules are since there isn't an all island response. But sure you keep going with the wise cracks. Whatever gives you a lift I suppose

I'm going to Dublin next week, what is the actual rules? Essential travel only?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea