NFL Divsion 2 2017

Started by Dinny Breen, January 30, 2017, 09:47:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on February 12, 2017, 05:05:33 PM
Good to see Meath performing well as it franks Kildare's form. From the reports on Radio 1 it sounded like Cillian O'Sullivan did a lot of harm.

I believe young McCormack had a very good game for ye again today.
Looks like a good one.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

He has been sharp and cocky so far, Cork couldn't cope with him and every time he gets the ball the crowd gets excited. Hopefully he keeps it up and keeps working hard. He is still under 21 so will probably miss a couple of league games when that championship starts.
Niall Kelly was double marked today and Dan Flynn drags the fullback all over the place creating space for McCormack and Neil Flynn inside which helps.

oakleaflad

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on February 12, 2017, 04:35:46 PM
Kildare very comfortable winners against Cork, would have been a proper hammering if it wasn't Cormac Reilly in charge.
Cork looked very limited and were unable to cope with pacy Kildare forwards while Kevin Feely dominated them in midfield. Colm O'Neill was kept very quiet.

Only February but there are clear signs of progress under Cian O'Neill and Ronan Sweeney is proving himself a proper presence on the sideline.

Daniel Flynn scored an excellent goal that was disallowed for a supposed double hop outside the 45. It seemed a strange decision as play was allowed continue while he carried the ball 40 yards and scored and it was after the kick out was taken before the linesman called Reilly over to tell him to overrule it.

Derry away will be another tough one
but hopefully this good form continues.
I would doubt it

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

The last time we comfortably beat Cork we disappointed the next time out to a team finishing with the letters erry. I don't think I could ever be confident going into a match.

Gael85

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on February 12, 2017, 07:43:22 PM
He has been sharp and cocky so far, Cork couldn't cope with him and every time he gets the ball the crowd gets excited. Hopefully he keeps it up and keeps working hard. He is still under 21 so will probably miss a couple of league games when that championship starts.
Niall Kelly was double marked today and Dan Flynn drags the fullback all over the place creating space for McCormack and Neil Flynn inside which helps.

Is McCormack related to Eddie or Paul?

FermGael

Re
Very poor second half performance today from Fermanagh according to reports.
Didn't make the game so can't really comment.
To be three points up at half time and then to be outscored 1-9 to 0-3 in the second half seems to say we were second best all over the pitch.

We have Cork away next which is always going to be a tough assignment.
We have also played the worst team in the division in Down.
Looks like a relegation scrap for us .
We should have enough to pull through but I think it could come down to the last game at home to Derry.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Gael85

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on February 12, 2017, 05:45:35 PM
A comment on Cormac Reilly from the PRoC forum that proves I'm not paranoid when it comes to him shafting Kildare:

"You sort of get the feeling that Cork are only sending out a team these days because they have to. Deeply depressing, Kildare should have won by more. Our goal was spawny as f**k and they should have had another 2 at least. Cormac Reilly gave us all the 50-50s, most of the 60-40s and even a few of he 70-30s. He rode Kildare in all fairness but even he couldn't help us."

I thought he was finished as an intercounty referee but he somehow wormed his way back in.

Reilly didn't make cut  for championship last year. Horrible ref who always wants to be centre of attention. He was doing linesman in game a couple years(think Roscommon were playing) and signaled a blantant point as a wide.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Gael85 on February 12, 2017, 08:01:56 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on February 12, 2017, 07:43:22 PM

Is McCormack related to Eddie or Paul?

Neither but he is a nephew of Sos Dowling.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Gael85 on February 12, 2017, 08:06:48 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on February 12, 2017, 05:45:35 PM
A comment on Cormac Reilly from the PRoC forum that proves I'm not paranoid when it comes to him shafting Kildare:

"You sort of get the feeling that Cork are only sending out a team these days because they have to. Deeply depressing, Kildare should have won by more. Our goal was spawny as f**k and they should have had another 2 at least. Cormac Reilly gave us all the 50-50s, most of the 60-40s and even a few of he 70-30s. He rode Kildare in all fairness but even he couldn't help us."

I thought he was finished as an intercounty referee but he somehow wormed his way back in.

Reilly didn't make cut  for championship last year. Horrible ref who always wants to be centre of attention. He was doing linesman in game a couple years(think Roscommon were playing) and signaled a blantant point as a wide.

Cormac Reilly rode Mayo in the Championship in 2014 and the Rossies in 2015. Every Referee has a bias (no matter how small). It's human nature. Some are better at disguising it or work at trying to be less partisan. Cormac just goes with his gut and rows in with his favourites. :/

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Kildare's 09 victory against Wexford was farcical. The free count ended up being 27-8 in favour of Wexford.

Today probably wasn't as bad statistically but it was ridiculous in the different tackling rules both teams had to adhere to. Kildare had a few excellent tackles where the ball was played clearly given as frees against while Cork were able to high tackle, pull and drag with relative impunity.

Kildare's tackling technique and intensity has massively improved in the last year which is good to see.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Jinxy on February 12, 2017, 07:23:44 PM
Good to see Meath performing well as it franks Kildare's form. From the reports on Radio 1 it sounded like Cillian O'Sullivan did a lot of harm.

I believe young McCormack had a very good game for ye again today.
Looks like a good one.

All that investment in research and development is finally paying off.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

tintin25

Disappointing result in Brewster after a promising first half.  Thought the defence in the main was solid but the loss of Donnelly told in the second half as Galway dominated in the middle.  Referee made some really tough calls on Fermanagh and we should have had a penalty, but Galway deserved their win and could have scored a couple of more goals themselves.  Based on what I saw I think Fermanagh have enough to stay up.  Surprised Eoin McManus didn't start as I felt he had a decent game last week and Fermanagh could have done with somebody abit more direct in the forward line.

JoG2

He was excellent today especially in the 2nd half.  Against the wind in the first half he was involved in everything.. Superb player

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

seafoid

Dubs are 1/25 for Leinster. Kildare around 18/1
It would be great if Kildare were back enough to deal with the Dubs.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU