Joe Brolly

Started by randomtask, July 31, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: Samforever on February 14, 2017, 07:46:11 PM
Quote from: rrhf on February 14, 2017, 07:41:31 PM
Any truth in a rumour he could be considering doing the Irish news.

Please. Anything would better than the drivel they put out at the minute. Kernan about the only one worth reading.
Kernan pulled the pin on his column.

Bring back Paddy Heaney & Against the Breeze!! Best Sports Journo the Irish News ever had. Too busy taking Spin classes these days.

longballin

Cahair O'Kane is not bad

Brapbrap

Joe is a naughty boy  8)

JoG2

Whilst some of the articles are hit and miss,  the IN's GAA coverage is the best about by a country mile imo

JimStynes

The Gaelic Life is good. Enjoying Finn Mo's articles this past few weeks. Kevin Cassidy had a couple of great Q&As with Mulligan and Benny Coulter a few weeks back.

Main Street

You have to appreciate that Joe does not need the money, he's not in it for the money and any moneys he receives from his ´journalistic forays' are donated to a special fund to help refugee blind children who have lost both parents and who may or may not have lost their hearing.

Think about that while you shoot cheap shots across the bow at Joe.

5 Sams

Quote from: Main Street on February 16, 2017, 11:04:44 PM
You have to appreciate that Joe does not need the money, he's not in it for the money and any moneys he receives from his ´journalistic forays' are donated to a special fund to help refugee blind children who have lost both parents and who may or may not have lost their hearing.

Think about that while you shoot cheap shots across the bow at Joe.

+1 I defy anyone to tell me that if they have a copy of the GL or the SINDO sports section that you dont go straight to to Joe's article to see who he's having a pop at this week....(apart from Enda McN...;-))
The Aristocrat Years

ck

I love his articles. This would be a major coup for Irish news if true.

rrhf

No sign yet. Could be fake news! Great article in Irish news yesterday on Trevor ringland and how professionalism in the gaa will destroy the club.

Brapbrap

Joe is a very naughty boy!  8)

Avondhu star

Joe can talk a lot of shite but then occasionally he will identify some matter needing attention that the GAA heads GPA  and cosy pals in the media would rather ignore. Thats why he is worth holding on to
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Rossfan

Quote from: rrhf on February 17, 2017, 08:01:28 AM
No sign yet. Could be fake news! Great article in Irish news yesterday on Trevor ringland and how professionalism in the gaa will destroy the club.
Does he mean paying outside managers from €10k upwards?
If that professional millstone was removed from all those clubs.......
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

I bumped into Joe outside PC World in the Blanchardstown Centre a few days ago and he was lamenting the way the newspaper business has gone.
"Jinxy, last week I got a call from our new sub-editor who was giving out about my stats. Apparently my latest piece was over 500 words too long. When I asked him how he knew, he told me there's a thing called a 'word count' on computers now. Can you believe it, it counts your each and every word! And it gets worse... apparently, if the computer thinks you've made a spelling mistake it draws a red line under the word to let you know and sometimes it even changes the spelling for you! This is the level of micro-management the modern columnist has to deal with. I'm telling you Jinxy... there's no freedom anymore, we're like robots."
If you were any use you'd be playing.

LeoMc

Quote from: Jinxy on February 17, 2017, 10:24:59 PM
I bumped into Joe outside PC World in the Blanchardstown Centre a few days ago and he was lamenting the way the newspaper business has gone.
"Jinxy, last week I got a call from our new sub-editor who was giving out about my stats. Apparently my latest piece was over 500 words too long. When I asked him how he knew, he told me there's a thing called a 'word count' on computers now. Can you believe it, it counts your each and every word! And it gets worse... apparently, if the computer thinks you've made a spelling mistake it draws a red line under the word to let you know and sometimes it even changes the spelling for you! This is the level of micro-management the modern columnist has to deal with. I'm telling you Jinxy... there's no freedom anymore, we're like robots."
Will you be this weeks guest unnamed county star that he bumped into?

Brapbrap

Joe is a very very naughty boy!  8)