All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Anyone got odds on the all Ireland championship or the ulster championship

maigheo

Quote from: Syferus on February 26, 2015, 07:45:40 PM
You never want to be starting more than three or four graduated minors their first year at minor.
Mayo started 6 minors when they won the title in 2006 so I guess thats another Syferus theory debunked

Syferus

Quote from: maigheo on February 26, 2015, 11:24:17 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 26, 2015, 07:45:40 PM
You never want to be starting more than three or four graduated minors their first year at minor.
Mayo started 6 minors when they won the title in 2006 so I guess thats another Syferus theory debunked

Looking at your under-cooked minor AI winners at U21 last year tells a different story.

Huge amount of physical and mental development happens in the two years following minor. Your spine should always be second and third year players unless the minors are exceptional or you're desperate.

rodney trotter

Dublin have seven All-Ireland winners in their starting team to face Laois in tonights n Leinster U21 FC quarter-final.

Goalkeeper Lorcan Molloy, defenders David Byrne, Ross McGowan, Eric Lowndes and Conor Mulally, and attackers Niall Scully and Conor McHugh all starred in last year's All-Ireland U21 final victory over Roscommon.

The defending champions will be without Cormac Costello from the start, although the county senior star has been named on the bench for the Wednesday night trip to Portlaoise.

Eoghan O'Gara's younger brother Killian has been handed the No.13 shirt by manager Dessie Farrell.

Dublin (Leinster U21 FC v Laois): Lorcan Molloy; Emile Mullan, David Byrne, Ross McGowan; Eric Lowndes, Conor Mulally, Eoin Murchan; Stephen Cunningham, Shane Carthy; Robbie Gaughan, Michael Deegan, Niall Scully; Killian O'Gara, Conor McHugh, Colm Basquel.

Meath manager Sean Barry has named his starting fifteen to take on Westmeath in the Leinster U21 football championship.

The team includes six of the current Meath senior squad - Brian Power, Adam Flanagan, Harry Rooney, Paraic Harman and brothers Joey and Eamonn Wallace.

Eamonn Wallace gets his first competitive start after picking up a cruciate ligament injury against Louth in last year's U21FC replay at Pairc Tailteann.

Ratoath's Gavin McGowan, who lined out for the minor hurlers and footballers last year, mans the full back position.

St Peters Dunboyne's Shane McEntee will captain the team while county champions Navan O'Mahonys are represented by Ruairi O'Cioleain.

On their way to the 2012 All-Ireland Minor Football Championship final Meath defeated Westmeath in the Leinster semi final at Cusack Park Mullingar 3-14 to 1-7, but none of the six forwards who started that day are in the Meath team for Wednesday night's game.

Throw in at Pairc Tailteann is 7.30pm

Meath (U21FC v Westmeath) - Jack Hannigan (Donaghmore Ashbourne), Michael Flood (St Brigids), Gavin McGowan (Ratoath), Liam Ferguson (Gaeil Colmcille), Shane Dowling (St Patricks), Brian Power (Ratoath), Shane McEntee (St Peters Dunboyne), Adam Flanagan (Clonard), Harry Rooney (Skryne), Paraic Harnan (Moynalvey), Ruairi O'Coileain (Navan O'Mahonys), Joey Wallace (Ratoath), Shane Lenehan (Moynalvey), Paddy Kennelly (Dunderry), Eamon Wallace (Ratoath).

AZOffaly

Offaly U21s v Kildare tomorrow night in Portlaoise

Jamie Colgan, Tubber; Jim Hendy, Bracknagh, James Lalor, Raheen, Aaron Whelan, Gracefield;Darragh Corbett, Shannonbridge, Joseph Kinahan, Tubber, Conor McNamee, Rhode;
Eoin Carroll, Cappincur, Declan Byrne, Raheen; Sean Moriarty, Edenderry, Joseph Maher, Ferbane, Jamie Evans, Gracefield; Ruairi McNamee, Rhode, Johnny Kavanagh, Tullamore, Luke Kelly, Clara;

twohands!!!

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 04, 2015, 03:06:34 PM

Jamie Colgan, Tubber; Jim Hendy, Bracknagh, James Lalor, Raheen, Aaron Whelan, Gracefield;Darragh Corbett, Shannonbridge, Joseph Kinahan, Tubber, Conor McNamee, Rhode;
Eoin Carroll, Cappincur, Declan Byrne, Raheen; Sean Moriarty, Edenderry, Joseph Maher, Ferbane, Jamie Evans, Gracefield; Ruairi McNamee, Rhode, Johnny Kavanagh, Tullamore, Luke Kelly, Clara;

I presume the two McNamee's of Rhode are related to Niall - what's the relationship there and more importantly do they have any of his talent?

AZOffaly

They are brothers of each other, and cousins of Niall and Alan. I've heard good things about Ruarí, but Conor, as a back, gets a bit less press I suppose. Lone Shark is probably better placed to give an opinion there.

Donnellys Hollow

No Cunningham? Injured?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

theticklemister

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 04, 2015, 03:57:44 PM

I presume the two McNamee's of Rhode are related to Niall - what's the relationship there and more importantly do they have any of his talent?

When we're on process of linking players with other people, I headd the corner forward for Offaly is some singer

muppet

Quote from: theticklemister on March 04, 2015, 08:15:58 PM
Quote from: twohands!!! on March 04, 2015, 03:57:44 PM

When we're on process of linking players with other people, I headd the corner forward for Offaly is some singer

Yea but he is a Dubliner.
MWWSI 2017

Blowitupref

Tonights Leinster championship results

Longford 1-17 Louth 1-4
Laois 2-10 Dublin 2-21
Meath 1-10 Westmeath 1-8
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

manfromdelmonte

Westmeath's decision not to appoint a separate U21 manager was genius.
As was their decision not to do any training until January 1st.
Blind leading the blind

Syferus

Laois actually took the lead early in the second half. Sleepy performance by Dublin or were Laois just a solid outfit that ran out of gas?

Shrewdness

Or else Dublin are over hyped and not as good as we think.

Rossfan

Quote from: Shrewdness on March 05, 2015, 09:05:30 AM
Or else Dublin are over hyped and not as good as we think.

They scored 23 times in 60 mins.  The A I is their's to lose
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM