Division 2 2024

Started by Captain Scarlet, January 16, 2023, 02:11:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mup

Quote from: bennydorano on February 16, 2024, 03:08:55 PMKildare getting read up all week,they will be chomping at the bit for Armagh now.Get the money on a draw 9/1. Armagh a ridiculous 2/9, 4/1 Kildare.

Good to see Conaty & McConville starting for Armagh, shows a bit of intent.

I can't see anything but an Armagh victory. I believe they are a completely different stage of development than Kildare are. The only was Kildare have a chance here is if Geezer and Armagh take their eye off the ball. During his time in Kildare he tended to do that sometimes. Whether it was tough training or otherwise I'm not sure.

seafoid

Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on February 16, 2024, 02:10:42 PM
Quote from: mup on February 16, 2024, 12:21:26 PM
Quote from: SouthOfThe Bann on February 16, 2024, 12:12:17 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on February 15, 2024, 08:50:44 PMOr they could quit yapping and improve. Theres no excuse for likes of Meath and Kildare to not be competitive.

I suppose Louth have that Northern edge being close to the border and dont make excuses. Fermanagh are a credit also given the limited resources they have. What Fermanagh do have is a great culture; their players are in great shape.

Kildare and Meath just want to lie down.

And why do they want to lie down? Its very easy to make such a glib statement without delving further into it.

Whatever about Kildare but Meath teams were never known for lying down. There has to be a reason for the culture change in Meath football over the past 20+ years.

Why the change in attitude or culture in Meath you ask?

Some theories would suggest that their has been a demographic change or transition in Meath from a mostly rural county to a more urbanized county?

Could this be a factor.

the 90s were more democratic than the last 15 years. Between 1990 and 1999, Cork, Donegal, Derry, Down (2), Meath (2), and Galway won Sam. Kerry and Dublin combined won 2. The Dubs were not funded in the 90s.
Football then had the qualifiers and now has the split season and both of these favour Dublin and Kerry.

Between 2010 and 2019, Cork and  Donegal won 1 each, Kerry won 1 and Dublin won 7.
Counties like Meath, Cork , Down, tyrone  and galway tend to do better when the competition is open. 

ClubScene13

Quote from: bennydorano on February 16, 2024, 03:08:55 PMKildare getting read up all week,they will be chomping at the bit for Armagh now.Get the money on a draw 9/1. Armagh a ridiculous 2/9, 4/1 Kildare.

Good to see Conaty & McConville starting for Armagh, shows a bit of intent.

Took Kildare +5 last night purely on the back of this - bound to be a reaction of some sort. Obviously can see Armagh blowing them away but it seemed a big spread for a team getting dragged through the coals all week that clearly still have talent within their ranks

StephenC

I presume the BBC iPlayer broadcast of Donegal & Fermanagh is geo-blocked?

Blowitupref

Competitive half of football Donegal 0-6 Fermanagh 0-5.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Fermanagh are having a good league so far.

Armagh18

Quote from: seafoid on February 17, 2024, 02:45:25 PMFermanagh are having a good league so far.
Themselves, Louth and Cavan showing the more fancied trio of Meath, Cork and Kildare how its done so far! Louth and Fermanagh were most peoples favourites to go down.

Long way to go obviously but they're both looking good.

seafoid

Quote from: Armagh18 on February 17, 2024, 02:54:17 PM
Quote from: seafoid on February 17, 2024, 02:45:25 PMFermanagh are having a good league so far.
Themselves, Louth and Cavan showing the more fancied trio of Meath, Cork and Kildare how its done so far! Louth and Fermanagh were most peoples favourites to go down.

Long way to go obviously but they're both looking good.
The longer the League goes on , the more time the losers have to improve and refine tactics. It's a great competition . A pity it has been downgraded

J70

Fermanagh might want to look at their goalkeeping strategy.

Armagh18

square_ball

Similar to the MacRory Cup final, the camera work by BBC is atrocious. Just keep with the wide angled camera. There is a split second difference when they change cameras.

Derryman forever

Fermanagh making Donegal look good.

StephenC

Blowitupref

Competitive match no more. Donegal 2-10 to 0-6 ahead with 15 minutes to play.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Ethan Tremblay

A game riddled with mistakes, very poor conditions
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...