2016 Leinster Football Championship

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, May 09, 2016, 09:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joemamas

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 26, 2016, 04:57:34 PM
Quote from: moysider on June 26, 2016, 04:38:20 PM
Dreadful lack of atmosphere. Hard to watch as a neutral when clearly the participating counties have no interest.
Not that I blame them. The winner will get killed in the final.
Nothing worse than a empty Croke park for lack of atmosphere. Why isn't this game played in Mullingar or Newbridge?

Do you know what , it will only get worse.
The first Q final on July 31 and the qualifier the night before will be exactly the same. Max 25-30k attending.
The GAA marketing committee only have six weeks to give 10 or 15k tickets away to kids from teams in div 3 and 4. To create some kind of an atmosphere.
But will they no. They don't give a shit. They have the money from the TV contracts
Would love to be able to ask Jarlath Burns who was defending the Hirearchy ad nasum last week on the Sunday game.

Beffs

Quote from: Cunny Funt on June 26, 2016, 04:57:34 PM
Quote from: moysider on June 26, 2016, 04:38:20 PM
Dreadful lack of atmosphere. Hard to watch as a neutral when clearly the participating counties have no interest.
Not that I blame them. The winner will get killed in the final.
Nothing worse than a empty Croke park for lack of atmosphere. Why isn't this game played in Mullingar or Newbridge?

Because Croke Park is the Leinster Councils cash cow. They couldn't give a shit about atmosphere, or making things easy on travelling supporters.

square_ball

Jaysus Tommy Carr is a depressing so and so.

Rossfan

Jaysus this is the worst shityist game I've ever seen.
Kildare must have got afraid they'd win it after the goal.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

From the Bunker

Total disgrace this was/is not in Newbridge or Mullingar! Myself and the woman would have went. Just had no appetite for this in Croker. I'd say the Ireland match had an influence on people travelling as well as the later start. Still isn't it mighty to play in (an almost empty) Croker?

Beffs

Any one else have the sneeking suspicion that Kildare don't want to win this? A mauling by the Dubs in the final, isn't exactly a great prize awaiting the winner.

Syferus

Contrast this tepid shite to a Connacht or even Ulster semi-final. Dublin won't have much trouble winning the next ten Leinster titles.

moysider

Amazingly I'm still watching this!!

And I had choices. Could have gone fishing. Could have gone to pub to watch the soccer and be pissed by now.

Incredible when you think about.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2016, 05:39:05 PM
Contrast this tepid shite to a Connacht or even Ulster semi-final. Dublin won't have much trouble winning the next ten Leinster titles.
They won't even win the next 5. Look at Mayo

Fair play to Westmeath
Kildare join Derry Down and Armagh in the home for the bewildere

moysider

Quote from: Beffs on June 26, 2016, 05:38:46 PM
Any one else have the sneeking suspicion that Kildare don't want to win this? A mauling by the Dubs in the final, isn't exactly a great prize awaiting the winner.

That would be the smart move but sadly I just think Kildare are just awful. You could not deliberately play so poorly if you were any good at all!

moysider

If it was Meath that was playing that goal would have stood.

Cunny Funt

40th minute it was Kildare 1-9 Westmeath 0-6.

Shamrock Shore

If Kildare were a dog you'd shoot it out of pity

moysider

Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2016, 05:44:00 PM
Quote from: Syferus on June 26, 2016, 05:39:05 PM
They won't even win the next 5. Look at Mayo

Fair play to Westmeath
Kildare join Derry Down and Armagh in the home for the bewildere

Dublin will go even further ahead by staying where they are because the rest are going backwards. Dublin are more stable than likes of Mayo who have too many dysfunctional and self-destruct buttons that they cant help pressing.

haze

Only thing worse than that game was having to listen to Tom Carr on co commentary.