2016 Leinster Football Championship

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, May 09, 2016, 09:31:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Jim Gavin praises the GAA for making a 'wise and smart decision' and pushing back the throw-in time.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/sport/jim-gavin-moving-the-gaa-fixtures-wise-and-smart-decision-741393.html

Was kind of hoping he wouldn't find out.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Unusually comprehensive, you'll be lucky to be getting the subs off us ahead of the programme.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Dinny Breen

Exceptionally young team, only 4 I reckon the wrong side of 25.

Kelly if he plays and Flynn will be a massive threat inside, getting the ball into them might be an issue. Also it looks like we are not playing two pillars but one sweeper in Morgan and that half-back line looks quite physical.

Also the bench looks designed to close out a game Leper, Bolton, Smith and O'Neill but Healy is someone who can bring the unknown to the game if called upon.

Very quiet build-up, zero expectation but missing 3 key players which swings it in Westmeaths's favour. WM by 2.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

I make it 9 players starting who have been coached by Tom Cribbin in the past. Niall Kelly has to be a doubtful starter and is probably unlikely to last a full match if he does start. There's a lot of responsibility on rookies like Flynn and Tyrrell to put up a decent score.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Rossfan

Did I hear the dreaded words "Tom Carr"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Tommy fing Carr. How many people are in there at the game? Looks like they could have announced the crowd changes to the players.

inexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 26, 2016, 04:18:02 PM
Tommy fing Carr. How many people are in there at the game? Looks like they could have announced the crowd changes to the players.

The echo in the place is something else.

skeog

moysider

Dreadful lack of atmosphere. Hard to watch as a neutral when clearly the participating counties have no interest.
Not that I blame them. The winner will get killed in the final.

brokencrossbar1

The commentary isn't helping the drab atmosphere. Ever pass over 15 metres is a 'great' ball!  Tommy Tom is a pain in the hole!

joemamas

Quote from: moysider on June 26, 2016, 04:38:20 PM
Dreadful lack of atmosphere. Hard to watch as a neutral when clearly the participating counties have no interest.

Agreed

Most entertaining thing is the commentator calling "tom" tommy

skeog

paint drying be more exciting thank god for ulster

Cunny Funt

Quote from: moysider on June 26, 2016, 04:38:20 PM
Nothing worse than a empty Croke park for lack of atmosphere. Why isn't this game played in Mullingar or Newbridge?

The Boy Wonder

They should adjourn to the ball alley in Croker - it's mostly handball they're playing and plenty of room for the crowd.