Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seamroga in exile

Great second half performance by the shamrocks. Beat st John's 0-26 to 0-13 after it was 0-10 each at half time. Good to see Mr. Watson coming on in the second half after a long injury and getting a couple of points.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on July 02, 2015, 06:13:16 AM
Great second half performance by the shamrocks. Beat st John's 0-26 to 0-13 after it was 0-10 each at half time. Good to see Mr. Watson coming on in the second half after a long injury and getting a couple of points.

Was a decent game in the first half. Bit like a basketball game, point for point... To rattle off 6 unanswered points at the start of the second half killed the game.... Some over play by the shamrocks but nice to watch all the same.... To be noted the Johnnies were missing a few
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

defeat again for us at home. way too many mistake cost us tho to be fair we didnt look like winning.

we dont have the forwards and with nigel elliott and kevin mc quillian out with injury long term and added to that kevin molloy out yet again with injury it doesnt bode well. Shorty didnt play last week and we had to bring him on last night and Paddy doherty had to also play even tho he was injured.

It was that bad that we had a corner back playing in the forwards to fill the positions out! Loads of great young lads at 17 but its too much to expect them to all come in now and be expected to pick up the slack.

Whens the season over again????? lol
hurl like f**k boi!

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 02, 2015, 08:11:34 AM

Was a decent game in the first half. Bit like a basketball game, point for point... To rattle off 6 unanswered points at the start of the second half killed the game.... Some over play by the shamrocks but nice to watch all the same.... To be noted the Johnnies were missing a few
To be noted we were missing a few ourselves.  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on July 02, 2015, 02:13:36 PM

Couple of handy hurlers came on thou. JC and Winker.. The young lads did ok and so good to get game time
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Seamroga in exile

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 02, 2015, 02:19:31 PM
Quote from: Seamroga in exile on July 02, 2015, 02:13:36 PM

Couple of handy hurlers came on thou. JC and Winker.. The young lads did ok and so good to get game time
Tiernan Coyle, Neilly McGarry, James Campbell, Scully and Joey all were missing. Johnny and Winker came in with 15 left. That's almost half the team out or  coming back from injury. Done rightly.

getevennotcross

Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 02, 2015, 08:54:50 AM
defeat again for us at home. way too many mistake cost us tho to be fair we didnt look like winning.

we dont have the forwards and with nigel elliott and kevin mc quillian out with injury long term and added to that kevin molloy out yet again with injury it doesnt bode well. Shorty didnt play last week and we had to bring him on last night and Paddy doherty had to also play even tho he was injured.

It was that bad that we had a corner back playing in the forwards to fill the positions out! Loads of great young lads at 17 but its too much to expect them to all come in now and be expected to pick up the slack.

Bad result for Dunloy DR, bloody hell I though performance was beginning to improve?  I'd have to agree about the young fellas.

Apparently so

Division2 really exciting this year. Lots of evenly matched teams there with the Ballygalget being the standouts so far.Some change around for Gort na mona from last year with. Creggan doing good too, would be my pick for the championship

Division 3 taking shape now as well. St Endas underage success starting to show through now. Good to see as they have put in some effort over the years. Lamh Dhearg having another terrible and whatever has happened to Glenarm? Wasnt that long they were competing with and beating the likes of Ahoghill and look at the two clubs now. Both going in the complete opposite directions

paddyjohn

Quote from: Apparently so on July 02, 2015, 10:59:29 PM
Division2 really exciting this year. Lots of evenly matched teams there with the Ballygalget being the standouts so far.Some change around for Gort na mona from last year with. Creggan doing good too, would be my pick for the championship

Division 3 taking shape now as well. St Endas underage success starting to show through now. Good to see as they have put in some effort over the years. Lamh Dhearg having another terrible and whatever has happened to Glenarm? Wasnt that long they were competing with and beating the likes of Ahoghill and look at the two clubs now. Both going in the complete opposite directions

From what I can gather Glenarm have been hit very badly with lads working away, I think 6/7 work down south or in Scotland. I see the McDermott brothers have signed for Glenariffe to so maybe all isn't well up feystown way. Sad to see as they are decent hurling people.

Apparently so

Yeah, heard a couple of their lads had went to Glenariffe. Must be something behind the scenes unfortanutely. They had a lot of young promising hurlers at a time. The year they held the feis (2009 i think) they had an exceptional u16 team. But it doesnt seem to have carried on to senior which is a pity but a lot of clubs in antrim find themselves frustrated by the same problem

btdtgtt

Glenarrife recruiting for IHC minder?
Lamh Dearg are well on their way to becoming a single code club and apart from a few steadfast ash men - I'm not sure there's much appetite to change that!
Great to see St Endas advancing and much deserved - I fear there is a ceiling in their progress but they are at least striving to reach their potential. How many clubs can say that!
Both divisions 2 and 3 certainly enjoy more competitive meaningful games that division 1 - more to play for across the teams.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: getevennotcross on July 02, 2015, 10:31:06 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 02, 2015, 08:54:50 AM

Bad result for Dunloy DR, bloody hell I though performance was beginning to improve?  I'd have to agree about the young fellas.

Yeah its too early to be putting so many in IMO. next year when they are 18 i would think is time enough but watching Eoin O'Neill and Caolan Molloy in our reserves at the min (both 17) they are flying in it so next year they will be well up to whats expected of them.
hurl like f**k boi!

hurlingstick

Carey have won 5 in a row including wins against Glenariffe and Gort Na Mona. Some of those wins with big players missing. That's serious form in such a competitive division. Tam and Cubby have them playing really well. Tenacious at the back and ball winners up front.  They would be one of those sides who potentially could have been in the bottom 4 this year....not now!!

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: shoebox on July 03, 2015, 01:22:22 PM
I tell you what, Dunloy and Ballycastle may start getting results because St Galls seem to be putting big scores up even when they are being beat and that type of scoring ability will eventually see them win some games.  I can see them taking another scalp or two.  How big is the game between Rossa and St Galls on the 19th?

Division 2 is a good league with a lot of teams capable of beating eachother but I wouldn't fancy any of them to be capable of competing in Division 1.  Most of those clubs haven't much coming through minor or under 21 and therein lies their perennial problems.  It's a shame to see Sarsfields where they are.  They were beat again by Gort on Wednesday night and with the new structuring going to happen next year, they will need to make sure they are above the bottom 4 or it could spell disaster for them for a few years.

I agree. were not playing well and losing players, experienced ones at that. Just got news today that Shane Dooey is def out now after hurting his knee in a football match a few weeks ago it was confirmed that his cruicate is gone again. Thats yet another forward out again along with Nigel, Kevin Molloy and Kevin McQuillian with Shorty and Paddy Doc on the short term injury list. 6 forwards all injured  :o

def cursed some how lol
hurl like f**k boi!

getevennotcross

Quote from: Dunloy realist on July 03, 2015, 03:38:32 PM
Quote from: shoebox on July 03, 2015, 01:22:22 PM
I tell you what, Dunloy and Ballycastle may start getting results because St Galls seem to be putting big scores up even when they are being beat and that type of scoring ability will eventually see them win some games.  I can see them taking another scalp or two.  How big is the game between Rossa and St Galls on the 19th?

Division 2 is a good league with a lot of teams capable of beating eachother but I wouldn't fancy any of them to be capable of competing in Division 1.  Most of those clubs haven't much coming through minor or under 21 and therein lies their perennial problems.  It's a shame to see Sarsfields where they are.  They were beat again by Gort on Wednesday night and with the new structuring going to happen next year, they will need to make sure they are above the bottom 4 or it could spell disaster for them for a few years.

I agree. were not playing well and losing players, experienced ones at that. Just got news today that Shane Dooey is def out now after hurting his knee in a football match a few weeks ago it was confirmed that his cruicate is gone again. Thats yet another forward out again along with Nigel, Kevin Molloy and Kevin McQuillian with Shorty and Paddy Doc on the short term injury list. 6 forwards all injured  :o

def cursed some how lol
Thats a bad blow for Dunloy all right DR, especially getting down to the business end of the season.  Certainly a lot of scoring power gone.  Even with Shorty and a short term injury, you are fairly well depleted up front.  Looks like its down to the Dall and Shamrocks to battle it out for supremacy, although stranger things have happened.