Started by Armagh Cúchulainns, January 11, 2009, 01:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Quote from: Main Street on March 06, 2013, 03:24:35 PM
Quote from: Mac Eoghain on March 06, 2013, 03:07:31 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on March 06, 2013, 10:38:49 AM
Quote from: illdecide on March 06, 2013, 10:26:40 AM
Quote from: theticklemister on March 06, 2013, 10:22:54 AM
This may sound like a wains' question; but I have a sticky spacebar button and it is doing my head in as I have to hit it really hard in the middle.

Anyone any sugguestions?

New keyboard saan (about £6 - £8)

Sorry lad, tis a laptop.

New keyboard saan (about £20 - £30)

Don't mind these cash rich suggestions. :) The first choice is to prise the space bar off carefully and clean out any gunk.
Take note that the space bar is connected differently than most other keys.

Main Street this advice of your looks promising. I am giving it a test sentence here now to see how it goes. There was a wile pile of shit underneath the button andyes indeed the spaceboard keyisattacheddifferent.

Ah damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybejust amatter of it getting pressed down a bit more.

Orior

Thats interesting. I might try it too. Hang on.

AhfeckitnowmyspacebarisntworkingeitherIcouldkillthatbollixmainstreetwhydidieverlistentohim.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Main Street

That's what you cheapskates get for following the no frill, cheap and full of (false) promises solution.

Hardy

My shit! keyboard has f**k! Tourette's.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on March 06, 2013, 03:07:31 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on March 06, 2013, 10:38:49 AM
Quote from: illdecide on March 06, 2013, 10:26:40 AM
Quote from: theticklemister on March 06, 2013, 10:22:54 AM
This may sound like a wains' question; but I have a sticky spacebar button and it is doing my head in as I have to hit it really hard in the middle.

Anyone any sugguestions?

New keyboard saan (about £6 - £8)

Sorry lad, tis a laptop.

New keyboard saan (about £20 - £30)
I replaced the keyboard on my laptop last week. 12 quid from ebay.

laoislad

Bought one of these yokes during the week.
http://www.laptopmag.com/review/stick-computers/android-mini-pc-rk3066.aspx

Turns your TV into an Android 0S.
I didn't buy the refurbished PC after.This little device will enable me to stream live sports to the TV via XBMC.
Downloaded XBMC onto my phone and it works great for streaming matches so this should work grand when connected to the TV.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

gerrykeegan

Quote from: laoislad on March 06, 2013, 08:44:19 PM

I didn't buy the refurbished PC after.This little device will enable me to stream live sports to the TV via XBMC.
Downloaded XBMC onto my phone and it works great for streaming matches so this should work grand when connected to the TV.

If I get you right you are going to turn your tv into a smart tv .Then you connect (wirelessly) your smart phone to the tv. What phone have you got and is it jailbroken
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

laoislad

Quote from: gerrykeegan on March 06, 2013, 09:50:20 PM

If I get you right you are going to turn your tv into a smart tv .Then you connect (wirelessly) your smart phone to the tv. What phone have you got and is it jailbroken

Nearly right.
I will be basically turning the TV into a smart tv that is correct,but I can control it with a wireless keyboard that is being bundled with the mini android pc. I don't need a smartphone to control the device or to stream content.

XBMC is a media portal for watching live and on demand streams of TV/Sport/movies etc.
I downloaded it onto my jailbroken iphone 4s just to see what it was about.You can download XBMC onto your laptop,iphone(jailbroken) or any android device.

So when I get this mini PC I will put XBMC on it and be able to stream matches to the TV.
The whole thing with wireless keyboard cost less than €60,which is great if it means I won't need to be connecting a laptop or PC to the TV to watch games. This device is only about the size of a iphone.

This is the one I bought
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Dual-core-MK808-Android-4-1-OS-TV-box-mini-pc-DDR3-1G-8G-Air-Fly-Mouse-RC12-/121043888962?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item1c2ec72b42

gerrykeegan

Quote from: laoislad on March 06, 2013, 09:59:11 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on March 06, 2013, 09:50:20 PM

Nearly right.
I will be basically turning the TV into a smart tv that is correct,but I can control it with a wireless keyboard that is being bundled with the mini android pc. I don't need a smartphone to control the device or to stream content.

XBMC is a media portal for watching live and on demand streams of TV/Sport/movies etc.
I downloaded it onto my jailbroken iphone 4s just to see what it was about.You can download XBMC onto your laptop,iphone(jailbroken) or any android device.

So when I get this mini PC I will put XBMC on it and be able to stream matches to the TV.
The whole thing with wireless keyboard cost less than €60,which is great if it means I won't need to be connecting a laptop or PC to the TV to watch games. This device is only about the size of a iphone.

This is the one I bought
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/New-Dual-core-MK808-Android-4-1-OS-TV-box-mini-pc-DDR3-1G-8G-Air-Fly-Mouse-RC12-/121043888962?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Internet_TV_Media_Streamers&hash=item1c2ec72b42

Good man I understand now. Let me know if it works. I need to cancel the sky upstairs that just might be what i am looking for.

illdecide

Laoislad i do that with my Galaxy S3, although it's not wireless i have the xbmc on my phone and with a small 1m HDMI lead into the TV i watch the movies and live football when i want...its a good job alright.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

gerrykeegan

Quote from: illdecide on March 07, 2013, 10:31:21 AM
Laoislad i do that with my Galaxy S3, although it's not wireless i have the xbmc on my phone and with a small 1m HDMI lead into the TV i watch the movies and live football when i want...its a good job alright.

Did you jail break the S3 (that's what I have) or is that xbmc in the play store? where did you get the HDMI lead I assume its a special one.

laoislad

Quote from: illdecide on March 07, 2013, 10:31:21 AM

I can do the same with the iPhone but I don't like that I can't then use the phone while it is connected to the TV.
This device I am getting will connect to the wifi signal and ill have it connected to the TV via HDMI all the time.

Norf Tyrone

How hard would it be to set up a website, where all I want it to do is redirect.

For example if the website was www.norftyrone.com and when you went to that site it auto directed you to a site that's already established.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Mhic Easmuint

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 19, 2013, 09:58:38 AM
How hard would it be to set up a website, where all I want it to do is redirect.

For example if the website was www.norftyrone.com and when you went to that site it auto directed you to a site that's already established.

Depends on what exactly you want it to do.
At the simplest level you can register a domain and have it just redirect to the website you want and in the browser address bar it will display the url of the original website.

If you have access to the hosting of the new website it may be possible to set the new registered domain up as an alias and have the new website display with your new domain name in the address bar.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on March 19, 2013, 10:04:29 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 19, 2013, 09:58:38 AM

Depends on what exactly you want it to do.
At the simplest level you can register a domain and have it just redirect to the website you want and in the browser address bar it will display the url of the original website.

If you have access to the hosting of the new website it may be possible to set the new registered domain up as an alias and have the new website display with your new domain name in the address bar.

Basically my friend has launched a petition through one of this petition sites but the address is not memorable http://www.thepetitionsite.com/232/509/142/vaccine-for-menigitis-b/. I would like to create a memorable site name, that you can tell people about, so when they type it in, it redirects straight to the petition site.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone