Is it about time we grew up and stopped gloating about England's misfortunes?

Started by Eamonnca1, June 15, 2014, 11:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Denn Forever

It is beginning to resemble England in the  80's.  Wealth is increasing for those in the South while things are bleak up north.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

armaghniac

Don't be starting a row, laughing at English soccer team should be one thing we can agree on.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sidney

Quote from: armaghniac on June 15, 2014, 11:46:20 AM
Don't be starting a row, laughing at English soccer team should be one thing we can agree on.
I prefer to laugh at Irish rugby as I share far more culturally with English soccer fans than with Irish rugby fans.

England 42-15 Ireland in the World under 20 semi-final was a pleasing result to wake up to this morning.  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sidney on June 15, 2014, 11:50:18 AM
I prefer to laugh at Irish rugby as I share far more culturally with English soccer fans than with Irish rugby fans.

England 42-15 Ireland in the World under 20 semi-final was a pleasing result to wake up to this morning.  ;D

WUM, is this the only attention you get? sad
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sidney

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 15, 2014, 12:00:16 PM

WUM, is this the only attention you get? sad
I'm certainly not wumming, mate.

Walter Cronc

Going by some of your rugby posts you take a keen interest in the game!

Farrandeelin

I don't know. But the reaction on twitter/facebook last night seems that we still can't get over not being in South Africa in 2010.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

JP

Zulu

I really don't understand why some Irish people think revelling in England's sporting misfortune is a mark of immaturity. When I was younger I really enjoyed seeing the English soccer team getting beaten, now I'm not bothered either way but I still wouldn't like to see them win a world cup or anything. But the English are the exact same with the French or Germans and I never hear people accusing them of immaturity. It's only a bit of craic anyway and not to be taken too seriously.

BennyHarp

I've no desire to see England win the tournament but I find the tournament much more interesting when they are still in it and I look forward to watching their games more than any other team. So I'm in a strange position of wanting them to stay in the competition but also wanting them to lose. I think losing on penalties in the semi final would be the best scenario.
That was never a square ball!!

armaghniac

BennyCake

armaghniac

Quote from: BennyCake on June 15, 2014, 01:54:08 PM
Did Michael D Higgins start this thread?

No. Eamonnca1 did, he probably sees an example of a country who invented a sport but who is now insignificant in that sport as representing his preferred future for Gaelic sports.