My hurling prediction for the weekend...

Started by Eamonnca1, June 06, 2014, 04:20:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Sticking my neck out here, I don't usually do predictions because when you get them wrong you can look a bit ridiculous...

Hurling is going to appear on British television at a decent hour, with a British-friendly presentation and a positive spin put on it.  Interest in hurling is going to explode (or at least steadily increase) in Britain and it'll be a sensation.

Shamrock Shore

*came in to see Eamon's view on Longford v Fermanagh in Lory Meagher final.

Leaves disappointed*

thejuice

Going to stick my neck even further out and say Offaly will win.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

British friendly presentation:

"I say Rupert these Kilkenny fellows look dashing in those amber and black stripes, unlike those uncouth Biffos."
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

johnneycool

Quote from: thejuice on June 06, 2014, 10:47:11 AM

"I say Rupert these Kilkenny fellows look dashing in those amber and black stripes, unlike those uncouth Biffos."

With names like Henry, Walter, Colin and Jackie, the commentators won't to be too hard pressed to get the names right, god help young Pádraig Walsh though, lord knows how that'll come out.

I'd love the Biffos to put on a good show, but with Kilkenny rebuilding and in better health than they were this time last year its hard to see there not being 10 points plus in it. The new Kilkenny blood will be busting their balls to keep the more established names on the bench.

AZOffaly

Quote from: johnneycool on June 06, 2014, 11:14:04 AM

With names like Henry, Walter, Colin and Jackie, the commentators won't to be too hard pressed to get the names right, god help young Pádraig Walsh though, lord knows how that'll come out.

I'd love the Biffos to put on a good show, but with Kilkenny rebuilding and in better health than they were this time last year its hard to see there not being 10 points plus in it. The new Kilkenny blood will be busting their balls to keep the more established names on the bench.

The commentator will be Mike Finnerty, from Roscommon, or Dave McIntyre who is from Dublin (I think) so they should be well able for Seamus, Pádraig, Tomás v Thomas etc.

I hope Offaly give a good account of themselves, and I think they'll be up for it anyway, but I expect Kilkenny to pull away.

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 06, 2014, 08:25:46 AM

Leaves disappointed*

Longford training going well anyway I hear.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 06, 2014, 11:28:09 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on June 06, 2014, 11:14:04 AM

The commentator will be Mike Finnerty, from Roscommon, or Dave McIntyre who is from Dublin (I think) so they should be well able for Seamus, Pádraig, Tomás v Thomas etc.

I hope Offaly give a good account of themselves, and I think they'll be up for it anyway, but I expect Kilkenny to pull away.

I had the Sky sports news baywatch babes ( (c) J Brolly) in mind when typing that.

Eamonnca1

"Thought you'd like to know you've inspired a new generation of Missoula hurlers. This is my son Quinn's 9th birthday party event – a Queen Street Hurlers vs Dearborn Hurling Club match." - local parent.

Kids have seen the game on TV and have taken to playing it with equipment fashioned from hockey sticks, tennis racquets, and anything they can get their hands on. This was just from a few local news reports that didn't even showcase a full game.

http://www.punditarena.com/gaelic-games/bbarry/hurling-montana-new-legacy/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=hurling-montana-new-legacy

From the Bunker

Quote from: laoislad on June 06, 2014, 01:12:06 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 06, 2014, 08:25:46 AM

Leaves disappointed*

Longford training going well anyway I hear.

Do the Longford slashers have a hurling club?

Shamrock Shore

maigheo

Eamonnca1

What's the big long red banner behind Offaly's goals?

Eamonnca1

My hurling videos on Youtube got a spike in traffic on the 4th of May from US-based users Googling for hurling.  This was the date the Montana Grizzlies had their report on the local TV news. It'll be interesting to see the stats for the last few days with the game hitting Sky.