Well done Federer

Started by longrunsthefox, January 31, 2010, 01:18:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

What a wimp that bollox Murray posing to photographers with a Union Jack draped around him. Has he no pride in his country at all? Weak. He once said he shouted against England in the soccer whoever they played and after English people complained backtracked. No balls. hope he gets hammered... and he was  8)   

AFS

ross4life

Murray is indeed British As he's scottish, but Union Jack is the of Flag of the United Kingdom

he would have no pride in his own country if he was draped around in St George's Cross flag
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

AFS

I hope Murray wins. Federer hangs around with shady characters.

give her dixie

I might get berated for this, but I hope Murray wins.
He is a fantastic talent, and has been knocking on the door for a while now.

Sure isn't always good to see the underdog beat a champion.

If he wins though, I will not read any British News Papers, or watch TV coverage...................
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

longrunsthefox

If he had any pride he'd have a Scottish flag. He's really pandering to the BBC and English press. He'll be Scottish again when he loses tho. I can't stand the way he goes on with that flexing the muscles and strutting. Hateful whure..

longrunsthefox

Quote from: hardstation on January 31, 2010, 02:19:02 AM
I feel a bit lucky.

Are they due to play anytime soon?

who? Murray and Federer?... aye on Monday week in the Swiss Open Championship  ::)

longrunsthefox

Quote from: hardstation on January 31, 2010, 02:24:24 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 31, 2010, 02:23:02 AM
Quote from: hardstation on January 31, 2010, 02:19:02 AM
I feel a bit lucky.

Are they due to play anytime soon?

who? Murray and Federer?... aye on Monday week in the Swiss Open Championship  ::)
Right. The Swiss wha?
Is this a big deal?

Big enough for Murray anyway but Federer is used to winning championships...  it's like Antrim being mobbed by their supporters for getting to the Ulster final but Tyrone didn't even do a lap of honour when they won it. So I suppose Antrim = Murray and Federer = Tyrone. I hope that helps  ;)   

gallsman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 31, 2010, 02:21:13 AM
If he had any pride he'd have a Scottish flag. He's really pandering to the BBC and English press. He'll be Scottish again when he loses tho. I can't stand the way he goes on with that flexing the muscles and strutting. Hateful whure..

Flexing the muscles? How often did that happen? I remember it once at Wimbledon 2008 when he came back to beat Gasquet in 2008, as a response to stick from certain sections of the media (particularly The Sun) who repeatedly said he was too weak to endure long matches for two weeks in a Grand Slam. Certainly not a regular occurrence.

ross4life

there you go with the English thing again?

that was the flag he was given big deal, it's like during the Ryder cup when one of our Irish players are given a European flag instead of a Irish one

that fact he's Scottish the hype is not as much as say.......... henman whom was English & over hyped
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Lamh Dhearg Alba

What a load of sh*ite. So what if some photographer asked him to pose with that flag, how does that constitute "pandering" to the English press? He has been playing under that flag in the Davis Cup FFS. The boy has always been clear that he is a very proud Scot but in this sport he is also classed as British and he goes along with that.

For what its worth the thing about the football is all overblown as well, Henman was slagging Murray and said he'd have nobody to support since Scotland hadnt qualified and Murray replied no bother Ill just support whoever England are playing. Little Englanders jumped on that.

Suas leis a' Mhoireach.

Minder

He is getting a beatdown at the minute.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

anportmorforjfc

he is one hateful b**tard, not over yet

i mean murray

anportmorforjfc

before murray broke he had 'an injured thigh', doesnt seem to be much wrong now.

The Watcher Pat

Have Federer backed at 11/4 to win 3-1...Murray needs to win this set!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME