Started by magickingdom, January 25, 2010, 07:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

Quote from: magickingdom on January 30, 2010, 09:22:32 PM
Quote from: AFS on January 30, 2010, 09:03:29 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on January 30, 2010, 08:47:59 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on January 30, 2010, 12:58:27 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on January 30, 2010, 11:49:40 AM
well done bill gates, provides fantastic products at fantastic prices and then donates large chunks of the profits. individual americans donate more money than any other race on earth. the other thing about living in the states is the amount of voluntary work that gets done, i never knew anyone who volunteered for anything in ireland (maybe that says more about me!).

3 questions for you here on this post:

1. Can you back up your claims that the US donate the most per head of Capita?

2. When did Americans become a race?

3. Are you aware that Microsoft have been fined approx $2 billion for their unfair trading practices?

Was going to ask you to back up your claim that NO Irish person volunteers, but sure i'll not embarras you any futher.

theres any number of them on the web, goggle them yourself

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=236671

To be honest, not the most compelling evidence there magickingdom. Anonymous people on a message board quoting figures from a link that doesn't work  :-\

try this one then, like i said theres any number of them on the web

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=content.view&cpid=736

Still doesn't answer question 1?
Have you any answers for 2 & 3?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Declan

Quoteamericans knowledge of the rest of the world is on a par with the rest of the worlds knowledge of america, poor to average. i could name cities in america with populations of over 1m that people in europe couldnt pick out on a map.

I'm sure you could Magic but that wasn't really the point I was trying to make. It's a bit different not being able to pick our Des Moines/Warsaw depending on where you are and knowing so little about the largest terrorist attack on the States especially since the ramifications have been so severe.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Massey-135 on January 30, 2010, 04:18:57 PM

sigh.

people like you do nothing to help america's image. rude, abrasive, arrogant, blinkered.

The disconnect from reality here is outrageous...... America's image, America's image
What f**king image.... hardly the one that has been attacked and trampled on relentlessly
from the get go here ???
And do me a favor...if you're going to call out rude, abrasive, arrogant and blinkered opinions
at least try not to be seen as blinkered in your findings
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

QuoteMaybe tyrones own forgot this one when George took the Senate apart in their sham on Capitol Hill.
:D :D I wonder how long exactly I've been any kind of fan of US senate..and how this would effect me in the slightest
...anyway they probably couldn't contain themselves Meowing and laughing at him under their breaths..
If that f**king eejit wasn't as dangerous with the views he incites he should be laughed out of everywhere he goes
along with what brain washed ideologues he has tailing him.... :-* Meow
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Quote from: give her dixie on January 30, 2010, 09:29:58 PM

Still doesn't answer question 1?
Have you any answers for 2 & 3?

You've some f**king neck on ye ::)
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

Anything critical of the States' foreign policy is attacked here as hate or whatever. How about we offer the lads a chance to put the case for some of the US foreign policy?

Mmmmm....how about we offer you lads a chance to explain how exactly the hateful barbed comments directed at Universal Healthcare, the Florida vote Count or Microsoft's charity for that matter has any bearing whatsoever on US foreign policy and why ye simply can't mention the US in a positive light in any way shape or form............ ???... Haters!
  - Walter Lippmann

Massey-135

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 30, 2010, 10:39:06 PM
Quote from: Massey-135 on January 30, 2010, 04:18:57 PM

sigh.

people like you do nothing to help america's image. rude, abrasive, arrogant, blinkered.

The disconnect from reality here is outrageous...... America's image, America's image
What f**king image.... hardly the one that has been attacked and trampled on relentlessly
from the get go here ???
And do me a favor...if you're going to call out rude, abrasive, arrogant and blinkered opinions
at least try not to be seen as blinkered in your findings

How have I been blinkered?

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 30, 2010, 11:16:41 PM
Anything critical of the States' foreign policy is attacked here as hate or whatever. How about we offer the lads a chance to put the case for some of the US foreign policy?

Mmmmm....how about we offer you lads a chance to explain how exactly the hateful barbed comments directed at Universal Healthcare, the Florida vote Count or Microsoft's charity for that matter has any bearing whatsoever on US foreign policy and why ye simply can't mention the US in a positive light in any way shape or form............ ???... Haters!

I have made some very positive comments on this very thread. But you more than anyone is programmed to deal with all incoming as hate and to open fire.

You were asked a simple question. Discuss Iraq. You won't do it and hide behind more nonsensical straw man arguments about healthcare etc.

Discuss Iraq. Do it, and stand up for your beliefs for once instead of attacking everyone else's.

MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

I along with an awful lot of other people thought at the time that Saddam should be removed,
did it turn into a chaotic thunderfcuk yes.... But here's where we obviously disagree, in taking in to
consideration the colossal loss of life and hurt on our economy, like MK, I'm glad he's gone for reasons non other than he
was an extremely violent Stalinist like murdering Dictator and what's typical here is that none of ye will touch on the millions
of innocent people he himself was responsible for killing and maiming..... Na just the US toll ::)
..it was inevitable that it would come to a head be it the start of the last decade or the start of this one imo.
that said Muppet.... is there ever a good time in the eyes of a sympathizer to remove a murdering Stalinist from power?
  - Walter Lippmann

give her dixie

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 31, 2010, 04:19:01 PM
I along with an awful lot of other people thought at the time that Saddam should be removed,
did it turn into a chaotic thunderfcuk yes.... But here's where we obviously disagree, in taking in to
consideration the colossal loss of life and hurt on our economy, like MK, I'm glad he's gone for reasons non other than he
was an extremely violent Stalinist like murdering Dictator and what's typical here is that none of ye will touch on the millions
of innocent people he himself was responsible for killing and maiming
..... Na just the US toll ::)
..it was inevitable that it would come to a head be it the start of the last decade or the start of this one imo.
that said Muppet.... is there ever a good time in the eyes of a sympathizer to remove a murdering Stalinist from power?

tyrones own, we don't disagree with you on this point. I think you will find almost everyone on this board, and across the world are glad that George Bush is gone from office.

Tyrones own

Ah.. you do still read my posts :-*
Sure Bush's killing spree is all that gets air time here, I simply asked why ye won't or can't talk about the millions
someone else besides Bush is responsible for ::) Meow
  - Walter Lippmann

give her dixie

Sure show us proof that Sadam killed millions?

Declan

Quote..it was inevitable that it would come to a head be it the start of the last decade or the start of this one imo.

Why so inevitable TO and not in any of the previous 20 years when he was in power?

Quote, in taking in to consideration the colossal loss of life and hurt on our economy, I'm glad he's gone

This confuses me a bit are you saying that on the balance of things and despite the fact that a lot of Iraqis are dead your glad he's gone because he was a despotic dictator  - and that if you didn't have the massive military spend on it the invasion the US economy would be in better shape?

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 31, 2010, 04:19:01 PM

Let's just start with this.

Was Saddam bad? Yes of course he was. But what gave the USA the right to ignore the UN (especially the evidence of Hans Blix who has been proven reliable) to annex the country?
What gave them the right to destroy Iraq's infrastructure? (with the blatantly obvious exception of it's oil production capability which it defended above all other  priorities including it's own soldiers)
Why did it's civilian leaders ignore the advice of it's own military experts and disband the Iraqi army, while ignoring that armies arms stockpiles, to protect oil production, basically guaranteeing years of armed insurrections?

If you have good answers to the above, great, I'd love to be persuaded otherwise. If not do you accept that the world might reasonably take a dim view of the above?

MWWSI 2017