The Good American in Haiti

Started by magickingdom, January 25, 2010, 07:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

Nobody does straw men like TO, to his credit.

Keyser soze

It's a waste of time posting on here as this fool TO is incapable of engaging in debate, i'm not sure he understands what debate means.

His MO is to accuse other posters of having hatred for America, an anti-US agenda, reading the wrong papers and watching the wrong TV channels. He does this without even having the courtesy to read their posts apparently. Despite his multiple posts he has signally failed to put forward any discernible points in the US's defence, instead spewing bile at any other poster who criticises his adopted homeland.

The good news is that Ireland's gain is the USA's loss when TO emigrated. The average ingtelligence index in Ireland spiked up a point or 2 when this gimp got on the plane. [Probably went up a notch or 2 in Texas tho when he arrived]  ;D

magickingdom

Quote from: Keyser soze on January 29, 2010, 06:50:34 PM
It's a waste of time posting on here as this fool TO is incapable of engaging in debate, i'm not sure he understands what debate means.

His MO is to accuse other posters of having hatred for America, an anti-US agenda, reading the wrong papers and watching the wrong TV channels. He does this without even having the courtesy to read their posts apparently. Despite his multiple posts he has signally failed to put forward any discernible points in the US's defence, instead spewing bile at any other poster who criticises his adopted homeland.

The good news is that Ireland's gain is the USA's loss when TO emigrated. The average ingtelligence index in Ireland spiked up a point or 2 when this gimp got on the plane. [Probably went up a notch or 2 in Texas tho when he arrived]  ;D

and that line shows what you think of americans. . and thats half the point here and what i find infuriating, some posters (inc yourself) have their own ingrained view of the US, that their thick and their foreign policy is an extension of their oil exploration. these posters know nothing of the US, meanwhile a number of posters on here who have lived in the US pull their hair out trying to explain what america is like but its a dialogue with the deaf.

has dixie or muppet (?) an opinion on the kid hanged in iran yesterday for taking part in the democracy protests? you wont hear a word about that

stew

If you read the posts on here you have got people who have hatred for America, all I am saying is that it is lazy to just blame the yanks for Haiti despite them donating millions of dollars to aid the Haitians. Give her dixie comes across as hating America, has absolutely nothing good to say about America and I would not be surprised if he changes his name to Muhammed Al Zakbar or some such shit, such is his love for the Muslim world and of course the various causes within, oh yeah, he seems to hate the jews as well.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: stew on January 29, 2010, 07:23:58 PM

If you read the posts on here you have got people who have hatred for America, all I am saying is that it is lazy to just blame the yanks for Haiti despite them donating millions of dollars to aid the Haitians. Give her dixie comes across as hating America, has absolutely nothing good to say about America and I would not be surprised if he changes his name to Muhammed Al Zakbar or some such shit, such is his love for the Muslim world and of course the various causes within, oh yeah, he seems to hate the jews as well.

Is anybody who critises Israel anti-semetic, Stew?

muppet

Quote from: magickingdom on January 29, 2010, 07:22:52 PM

and that line shows what you think of americans. . and thats half the point here and what i find infuriating, some posters (inc yourself) have their own ingrained view of the US, that their thick and their foreign policy is an extension of their oil exploration. these posters know nothing of the US, meanwhile a number of posters on here who have lived in the US pull their hair out trying to explain what america is like but its a dialogue with the deaf.

has dixie or muppet (?) an opinion on the kid hanged in iran yesterday for taking part in the democracy protests? you wont hear a word about that

I am always against the death penalty whether it is Iran or anywhere else. There you happy?

No doubt that makes me a freedom hater.
MWWSI 2017

Massey-135

Quote from: magickingdom on January 29, 2010, 07:22:52 PM

I knew that last bit from keyser soze was gonna dilute any argument we're trying to make. I think this negative view of the US is based on evidence so it's not as if it's completely unfair to hold that point of view, however to tar the whole country with the same brush would be, but i don't think anyone here is doing that? Surely you can't defend many aspects of american foreign policy down the years? And just because people are critical of some american policy does not mean they must automatically be a supporter of it's enemies e.g. Iran, so don't start that dung. There hasn't been a mention of it on here from dixie or muppet because the title of this thread is The Good American in Haiti, why would Iran's affairs come into it?

Tyrones own

QuoteThere hasn't been a mention of it on here from dixie or muppet because the title of this thread is The Good American in Haiti, why would Iran's affairs come into it?
Eh... because of his stated support of Democratically ::) elected Dictators !!
which by the way is a focal point of his non argument that he has yet to explain :-[
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

QuoteI knew that last bit from keyser soze was gonna dilute any argument we're trying to make.
It's Ok Massey...Muppet should be along now any time to pull him on insulting people!
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

magickingdom

Quote from: Declan on January 28, 2010, 06:52:44 PM
TO - would you agree that GWB was elected democratically against Gore?

declan, the US is not one state but a federation of 50 states each of which hold their own election for president. so its possible to not win the popular vote and still win the election by winning enough states by just a few votes. every state in the union has its own government. in the uk its possible to get 40% + of the vote and end up with 25% of the seats in parliament with first past the post

magickingdom

Quote from: Massey-135 on January 29, 2010, 08:22:16 PM

I knew that last bit from keyser soze was gonna dilute any argument we're trying to make. I think this negative view of the US is based on evidence so it's not as if it's completely unfair to hold that point of view, however to tar the whole country with the same brush would be, but i don't think anyone here is doing that? Surely you can't defend many aspects of american foreign policy down the years? And just because people are critical of some american policy does not mean they must automatically be a supporter of it's enemies e.g. Iran, so don't start that dung. There hasn't been a mention of it on here from dixie or muppet because the title of this thread is The Good American in Haiti, why would Iran's affairs come into it?

i wouldnt attempt to defend some aspects of american foreign policy down the years, half of america wouldnt. my main point was that any good america does is lost on a lot of posters and that overall american foreign policy is based on an attempt to spread democracy and human rights around the world. who went in and put manners on the serbs a few short years ago while they were slaughtering muslims in europes back yard? this was in the 1990s ffs and europe sat on its collective hole and did nothing. i mentioned iran because it was in the paper today. dixie has already mentioned 4 or 5 other countries.

muppet

Quote from: magickingdom on January 27, 2010, 07:42:43 PM
first of all as someone born in the bronx and whose dad served in the US army for years i have very little time for US policy on israel, the israelies should be told to fock off and live or die with the palestinians. thats their problem and one just about every american i know has little or no interest in.

that however will be the only time i criticise america, everthing else the US does around the world is done for the greater good, sometimes it works sometimes not but the motivation is always for the greater good. if one country has to be a world policeman then thank God its the US, when the brits were a world power they plundered the place, if the Chinese got half a chance they'd do the same. . guys like dixie see nothing wrong in china, cuba, venezuela and other left wing piss pots and nothing right in the US

Quotei wouldnt attempt to defend some aspects of american foreign policy down the years, half of america wouldnt

Do you still think that Bush/Cheney went into Iraq for the greater good given that they based it all on a lie?
MWWSI 2017

magickingdom

Quote from: muppet on January 28, 2010, 06:47:26 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on January 28, 2010, 06:39:05 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 28, 2010, 04:55:54 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on January 28, 2010, 04:32:01 PM
Uncomfortable?  Not at all, I'm extremely proud of our hero's that are in Haiti distributing aid and pulling survivors from rubble, aren't you?

Hey I never had a problem with that, if you look back I said I would give Obama a chance.
Would ye ever make up your mind, you want to give Obama a chance but yet have nothing but disparaging comments
for the US military whom he heads up *shakes head in bewilderment at how for such a sharp fella, you wouldn't get the
irony in that*

Obama hasn't started any wars unlike his predecessor and his cronies. The US military is still involved in those wars and are fair game for criticism of their fcuk ups IMHO.

Also, you are assuming my position is the same as everyone else's that criticizes the US military. It isn't as simple as that. I referred here in the past to the book 'Fiasco' which explains that there are some superb people in the US military who predicted the route the war would take as far back as 2002 and strongly advised different strategies. However the NeoCons civilians over-ruled them and we unnecessarily have the 7 years (and still counting) war.

Criticising some of the actions of the military doesn't automatically mean that they are all wrong all of the time.

this is way of topic but since you mentioned it. the US military went half way around the world into a hostile country of 30m people (to put it mildly) and so far has suffered about 4,000 causalities. in cold mathematical terms from a US perspective its hardly a fiasco whatever some in the military think. its a war that was only ever going to have one winner

muppet

Quote from: magickingdom on January 29, 2010, 09:33:04 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 28, 2010, 06:47:26 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on January 28, 2010, 06:39:05 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 28, 2010, 04:55:54 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on January 28, 2010, 04:32:01 PM
Uncomfortable?  Not at all, I'm extremely proud of our hero's that are in Haiti distributing aid and pulling survivors from rubble, aren't you?

Hey I never had a problem with that, if you look back I said I would give Obama a chance.
Would ye ever make up your mind, you want to give Obama a chance but yet have nothing but disparaging comments
for the US military whom he heads up *shakes head in bewilderment at how for such a sharp fella, you wouldn't get the
irony in that*

Obama hasn't started any wars unlike his predecessor and his cronies. The US military is still involved in those wars and are fair game for criticism of their fcuk ups IMHO.

Also, you are assuming my position is the same as everyone else's that criticizes the US military. It isn't as simple as that. I referred here in the past to the book 'Fiasco' which explains that there are some superb people in the US military who predicted the route the war would take as far back as 2002 and strongly advised different strategies. However the NeoCons civilians over-ruled them and we unnecessarily have the 7 years (and still counting) war.

Criticising some of the actions of the military doesn't automatically mean that they are all wrong all of the time.

this is way of topic but since you mentioned it. the US military went half way around the world into a hostile country of 30m people (to put it mildly) and so far has suffered about 4,000 causalities. in cold mathematical terms from a US perspective its hardly a fiasco whatever some in the military think. its a war that was only ever going to have one winner

Of course, 4,000 US soldiers or their families don't matter do they? Not to mention the >100,000 Iraqis dead, countless maimed & abused.

But hey, as long as Bush/Cheney won eh?
MWWSI 2017

magickingdom

Quote from: muppet on January 29, 2010, 09:19:38 PM
Quote from: magickingdom on January 27, 2010, 07:42:43 PM
first of all as someone born in the Bronx and whose dad served in the US army for years i have very little time for US policy on Israel, the Israelis should be told to flock off and live or die with the Palestinians. thats their problem and one just about every American i know has little or no interest in.

that however will be the only time i criticise America, everthing else the US does around the world is done for the greater good, sometimes it works sometimes not but the motivation is always for the greater good. if one country has to be a world policeman then thank God its the US, when the Brits were a world power they plundered the place, if the Chinese got half a chance they'd do the same. . guys like Dixie see nothing wrong in china, Cuba, Venezuela and other left wing piss pots and nothing right in the US

Quotei wouldn't attempt to defend some aspects of American foreign policy down the years, half of America wouldn't

Do you still think that Bush/Chaney went into Iraq for the greater good given that they based it all on a lie?

i was against the war in Iraq because i wouldnt have wasted one american life on the place, however once it started i certainly knew where i stood and i wasn't going to shed any tears over a despot like saddam hussein.