The Good American in Haiti

Started by magickingdom, January 25, 2010, 07:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrones own

Quote from: muppet on January 28, 2010, 04:17:35 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on January 28, 2010, 04:14:25 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 28, 2010, 04:12:42 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on January 28, 2010, 04:09:57 PM
Phew...got me again, except now you're down to just using letters!
By the way how many times is it now you've pulled that one out?

Many times, but just for you.
I know...those who lack any real substance usually do have a habit or repeating themselves ;)

Really so repetition is a sign of lack of substance?

History is fcuked so. Not the the US military pay much heed to it anyway.

What History..FFS sure it's being rewritten as we speak to suit the left's progressive agenda ::)
Is it intentional to drag this off topic  ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 28, 2010, 04:22:08 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 28, 2010, 04:17:35 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on January 28, 2010, 04:14:25 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 28, 2010, 04:12:42 PM
Quote from: Tyrones own on January 28, 2010, 04:09:57 PM
Phew...got me again, except now you're down to just using letters!
By the way how many times is it now you've pulled that one out?

Many times, but just for you.
I know...those who lack any real substance usually do have a habit or repeating themselves ;)

Really so repetition is a sign of lack of substance?

History is fcuked so. Not the the US military pay much heed to it anyway.

What History..FFS sure it's being rewritten as we speak to suit the left's progressive agenda ::)
Is it intentional to drag this off topic  ;)

Eh bringing the US military into it is bringing it back on topic, but I can see why that would make you uncomfortable.  :-*
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Uncomfortable?  Not at all, I'm extremely proud of our hero's that are in Haiti distributing aid and pulling survivors from rubble, aren't you?
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 28, 2010, 04:32:01 PM
Uncomfortable?  Not at all, I'm extremely proud of our hero's that are in Haiti distributing aid and pulling survivors from rubble, aren't you?

Hey I never had a problem with that, if you look back I said I would give Obama a chance.
MWWSI 2017

give her dixie

tyrones own, on more than one occasion you have referred to the US as "we".
So, in light of that, why don't you change your name to "America's Own" and take down our flag
and fly the stars and stipes of your country?
If you have that much pride in your military/killing machine,  then it would be a logical step eh?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Tyrones own

Quote from: muppet on January 28, 2010, 04:55:54 PM

Hey I never had a problem with that, if you look back I said I would give Obama a chance.
Would ye ever make up your mind, you want to give Obama a chance but yet have nothing but disparaging comments
for the US military whom he heads up *shakes head in bewilderment at how for such a sharp fella, you wouldn't get the
irony in that*
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 28, 2010, 06:39:05 PM
Quote from: muppet on January 28, 2010, 04:55:54 PM

Would ye ever make up your mind, you want to give Obama a chance but yet have nothing but disparaging comments
for the US military whom he heads up *shakes head in bewilderment at how for such a sharp fella, you wouldn't get the
irony in that*

Obama hasn't started any wars unlike his predecessor and his cronies. The US military is still involved in those wars and are fair game for criticism of their fcuk ups IMHO.

Also, you are assuming my position is the same as everyone else's that criticizes the US military. It isn't as simple as that. I referred here in the past to the book 'Fiasco' which explains that there are some superb people in the US military who predicted the route the war would take as far back as 2002 and strongly advised different strategies. However the NeoCons civilians over-ruled them and we unnecessarily have the 7 years (and still counting) war.

Criticising some of the actions of the military doesn't automatically mean that they are all wrong all of the time. 
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Quote from: give her dixie on January 28, 2010, 05:53:40 PM
So, in light of that, why don't you change your name to "America's Own" and take down our flag
If you have that much pride in your military/killing machine,  then it would be a logical step eh?
Eh Ok..... is this now what your reduced to ::) would your time not be better spent explaining why you
can't seem to come up with an answer as to how Ahmadinejad fits into you futile argument on how democracy
really works amongst these 7th century throwbacks >:(

http://deathpenaltynews.blogspot.com/2010/01/iran-sentences-11-demonstrators-to.html
Here's a little example that blows his democratically elected farce of an argument out of the water
for those of ye reading from the sidelines :o

- Walter Lippmann

Declan

TO - would you agree that GWB was elected democratically against Gore?

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 28, 2010, 06:51:00 PM
Quote from: give her dixie on January 28, 2010, 05:53:40 PM
Eh Ok..... is this now what your reduced to ::) would your time not be better spent explaining why you
can't seem to come up with an answer as to how Ahmadinejad fits into you futile argument on how democracy
really works amongst these 7th century throwbacks
>:(

http://deathpenaltynews.blogspot.com/2010/01/iran-sentences-11-demonstrators-to.html
Here's a little example that blows his democratically elected farce of an argument out of the water
for those of ye reading from the sidelines :o

Why does mentioning a dodgy regime in yet another country that the US wants to invade over oil prove your argument and somehow weaken mine?  ::)
MWWSI 2017

give her dixie

tyrones own, you're right. Any country that operates a death penalty is a 7th century throwback.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Tyrones own

QuoteWhy does mentioning a dodgy regime in yet another country that the US wants to invade over oil prove your argument and somehow weaken mine?  ::)
Now it's been widely known here for a while that your attention to detail wouldn't be the greatest
but go back over it very slowly this time and try really really hard to figure out who it was i had quoted ::)
now i know it's understandable enough that you usually come apart at the seams when caught out of your depth
...but what's really funny about it is how relentless you are...keep it up :D
  - Walter Lippmann

muppet

Quote from: Tyrones own on January 28, 2010, 07:19:15 PM
QuoteWhy does mentioning a dodgy regime in yet another country that the US wants to invade over oil prove your argument and somehow weaken mine?  ::)
Now it's been widely known here for a while that your attention to detail wouldn't be the greatest
but go back over it very slowly this time and try really really hard to figure out who it was i had quoted ::)
now i know it's understandable enough that you usually come apart at the seams when caught out of your depth
...but what's really funny about it is how relentless you are...keep it up :D

Speaking for everyone as usual and then claiming victory prematurely, as usual.

Read back over your own posts. The is nothing other than abuse directed at anyone with a different opinion to yours or the NeoCons.
MWWSI 2017

Tyrones own

Quote from: give her dixie on January 28, 2010, 07:00:20 PM
tyrones own, you're right. Any country that operates a death penalty is a 7th century throwback.
Now John you can try to spin this all day long if ye like but I'll keep bringing you back around to it
You said; "I may not support them, but they were elected by their own people, and in my books, that is democracy and I support the will of the people."
Well.....is what's going on in Iran democracy in you opinion?... after all by your logic he was democratically elected!
  - Walter Lippmann

Tyrones own

There ye go again with Claiming victory thing ...sure why would I want to put an end to you voluntarily
making a fool out of yourself here for all to see! :-[
  - Walter Lippmann