Graham Linehan on Twitter / Trans debate

Started by bennydorano, May 08, 2020, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Kidder81 on January 26, 2023, 09:45:40 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 26, 2023, 09:02:03 AM
Quote from: Kidder81 on January 26, 2023, 07:57:27 AM
Quote from: J70 on January 26, 2023, 12:46:58 AM
So it's all a fraud and really about men trying to get away with rape and winning women's swimming medals?

What about women transitioning into men?

Are they ok?

In the case of these rapists all transitioning when they are charged with offences? Yeah I would say it's a fraud

Its a bit extreme to have your todger ripped off to try and get a lesser sentence for rape?

No Todgers getting ripped off, you just say you feel you are a woman now. That's the problem in Scotland now, it's all about self identification

So they ain't transitioning physically, just in their head they are and to get a lesser sentence?  or stay in a women's prison so they can talk about babies all day, cause that all they do ;)  I'd rather serve my time in a mans prison than listen to that all day!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: seafoid on January 26, 2023, 09:36:42 AM
There is a very large trans contingent on line and a large trans lobby. There was no such phenomenon 20 years ago or indeed at any time in the past. 
There is no history anywhere of trans people barging into womens toilets or vaginoplasty for men or sex offenders screaming to be sent to the female wings of prisons.
A trans woman was executed in the US recently. This person had raped and murdered a woman.

It's all new. A lot of it seems to have been  driven initially  by surgical developments.
Gay marriage was different . There have always been gay people at x% of the population. There will always be lesbians.

There has never been a trans population at the current level. Because it's fake.

How do you know?

Do you know anyone who is trans?

Half the board would be out with the torches and pitchforks going by their talk here. And that's 10-15 years into transsexuality becoming normalized.

What transsexual in their right mind would have had the guts to come out of the closet way back when? In most cases, plain old gay people couldn't do it (especially in Ireland where it was criminalized).

Surgery, in some form, has been around for decades. Al Pacino even tried to rob a bank in a film 50 years ago to try to pay for sex change surgery as it was then know.

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on January 26, 2023, 10:54:05 AM
There is a very large trans contingent on line and a large trans lobby. There was no such phenomenon 20 years ago or indeed at any time in the past. 
There is no history anywhere of trans people barging into womens toilets or vaginoplasty for men or sex offenders screaming to be sent to the female wings of prisons.
A trans woman was executed in the US recently. This person had raped and murdered a woman.

It's all new. A lot of it seems to have been  driven initially  by surgical developments.
Gay marriage was different . There have always been gay people at x% of the population. There will always be lesbians.

There has never been a trans population at the current level. Because it's fake.

How do you know?

Do you know anyone who is trans?

Half the board would be out with the torches and pitchforks going by their talk here. And that's 10-15 years into transsexuality becoming normalized.

What transsexual in their right mind would have had the guts to come out of the closet way back when? In most cases, plain old gay people couldn't do it (especially in Ireland where it was criminalized).

Surgery, in some form, has been around for decades. Al Pacino even tried to rob a bank in a film 50 years ago to try to pay for sex change surgery as it was then know.
I know one trans person but that has nothing to do with the wider issue. The trans movement is an assault on women's rights. It's also a culture war. Same as guns. Divide and rule.

Surgery has made huge advances in recent years. At the Tavistock, teenage girls with gender dysphoria were fast tracked on to surgery with no therapy offered. Most of them would have been lesbian. This is bullshit. 
In the US, trans surgery is a massive moneyspinner.

One of the most prominent trans surgeons in the US is Irish

https://extra.ie/2023/01/02/news/irish-trans-surgery-doctor-patients

Trans is very different to gay rights. Gay rights don't take away rights from other people. Trans rights do.

Julie Bindel discovered that abused female teenagers in Blackpool, one of the poorest towns in England, were a huge component of trans female to male at the Tavistock.
https://unherd.com/2023/01/blackpools-forsaken-children/
Blackpool, one of the most deprived parts of England, is rife with child abuse and home to a higher number of convicted child sex offenders than anywhere else in the country. It is thought that predatory men gravitate there to seek out vulnerable children. They don't have to look far — there are three times the national average of children in care in Blackpool.
Claire, who grew up in Blackpool, is working for a charity that supports female victims of male violence. She tells me that the links between the rise in young females being referred to gender identity clinics and the realities of growing up in places like Blackpool are obvious. She cites high levels of poverty and the normalisation of the exploitation of women and girls in the sex trade.
As a child, Claire, who was raised in Blackpool, was subject to men's violence and consequently wanted to "opt out of girlhood". She says: "The option to be removed from the harms of men would be appealing to most survivors. I am furious that we are allowing girls who need care and support to go down irreversible paths."

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

J70

You raise multiple different issues there seafoid.

1.   Women's rights – yes, that is a tough one. There will be women who are afraid to use a restroom where transwomen are allowed, especially with all the fear mongering about rape. I don't know what the answer is. Transwomen are widely subject to assault also. Do you make them use the men's room where they are going to be at considerable risk when they appear to be a normal woman? What about their rights to safety? Although I guess that's an easy one if you just deny their existence. The large institution where I work has gender neutral restrooms and a lot of young people who would have no issue with transsexuals. I've been working there five years. Never heard of any incidents.

2.   Fast tracking surgery- I don't agree with this either, although I'm not aware of it being a big problem (if you've data, go ahead and present it).

3.   Kids using trans-identification as an escape from abuse – as with anything, I'm sure this has happened. People will always look at all the options in desperate situations. Does that mean a majority or even significant minority of those who realise they are transsexual are doing so as a result of abuse? IS there any data to support this? This claim has also been widely leveled at homosexuality over the years, including by some on this very board.

tonto1888

The reason they weren't online 20 years ago is because. No. I'm not even gonna say it. You aren't that thick

Taylor

Isla Bryson will not serve the sentence in an all female prison.

Sanity at last

Milltown Row2

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 26, 2023, 12:31:52 PM

The reason they weren't online 20 years ago is because. No. I'm not even gonna say it. You aren't that thick

I've an email address over 20 years  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: J70 on January 26, 2023, 12:26:36 PM
You raise multiple different issues there seafoid.

1.   Women's rights – yes, that is a tough one. There will be women who are afraid to use a restroom where transwomen are allowed, especially with all the fear mongering about rape. I don't know what the answer is. Transwomen are widely subject to assault also. Do you make them use the men's room where they are going to be at considerable risk when they appear to be a normal woman? What about their rights to safety? Although I guess that's an easy one if you just deny their existence. The large institution where I work has gender neutral restrooms and a lot of young people who would have no issue with transsexuals. I've been working there five years. Never heard of any incidents.

2.   Fast tracking surgery- I don't agree with this either, although I'm not aware of it being a big problem (if you've data, go ahead and present it).

3.   Kids using trans-identification as an escape from abuse – as with anything, I'm sure this has happened. People will always look at all the options in desperate situations. Does that mean a majority or even significant minority of those who realise they are transsexual are doing so as a result of abuse? IS there any data to support this? This claim has also been widely leveled at homosexuality over the years, including by some on this very board.
It looks like gay and autistic teenagers are the biggest source of female to male trans in the UK. This is a big issue for the gay community.
Prisons are just about opportunism. Self ID means anyone can claim to be female and female prisons are nicer. There is also evidence that post release , M2F trans revert to M.

The high number of teenage girls who transition has to be studied. One problem with the UK model was affirmation. Doctors would take whatever the patient said without exploring the bigger picture.  Teenagers were told that puberty blockers were reversible.

Trans is not necessarily a human rights issue for certain trans groups. Perverts and fetishists are not victims.

I used to live in India. there is a community there called the hijras who are transsexual  . They are a tiny proportion of the population. The trans community in English speaking countries would be far larger as a proportion of population , thanks to a lot of padding.

I think it's a mess.

seafoid

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/02/19/transgender-players-given-green-light-by-ladies-gaelic-football-association/

The Ladies Gaelic Football Association (LGFA) has introduced a new policy that allows transgender women and girls to play the sport except in circumstances where an "unacceptable risk" arises.

The new policy, which was ratified on Wednesday, states the association "is committed to the inclusion" of transgender women and that it "will not tolerate any harassment or discrimination".

The policy applies to all transgender women and girls over the age of 12 who seek to play or continue playing the sport.

Transgender players "who have transitioned or are transitioning from male to female" are required to make an application to a new Transgender Application Committee.

Cavan19

Quote from: seafoid on February 21, 2023, 12:16:35 PM
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/2023/02/19/transgender-players-given-green-light-by-ladies-gaelic-football-association/

The Ladies Gaelic Football Association (LGFA) has introduced a new policy that allows transgender women and girls to play the sport except in circumstances where an "unacceptable risk" arises.

The new policy, which was ratified on Wednesday, states the association "is committed to the inclusion" of transgender women and that it "will not tolerate any harassment or discrimination".

The policy applies to all transgender women and girls over the age of 12 who seek to play or continue playing the sport.

Transgender players "who have transitioned or are transitioning from male to female" are required to make an application to a new Transgender Application Committee.

A few here might get to play county football now.

Mourne Red

Hardly see this being a good approach for ladies teams that sometimes have 14 year olds playing for them to be sharing a dressing room and getting changed with a man

Armagh18

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 21, 2023, 12:55:40 PM

Hardly see this being a good approach for ladies teams that sometimes have 14 year olds playing for them to be sharing a dressing room and getting changed with a man
It is f**king madness. Imagine a 14 year old girl getting a shoulder off a biological man

J70

Imagine a 14 year old BOY getting a shoulder off a biological man.

Does that happen in organized GAA games much?

clarshack

thebigfella

Quote from: Mourne Red on February 21, 2023, 12:55:40 PM

First thing you think of is underage girls changing  :-X