Graham Linehan on Twitter / Trans debate

Started by bennydorano, May 08, 2020, 08:34:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maiden1

Quote from: armaghniac on June 24, 2020, 05:57:31 PM
Quote from: Maiden1 on June 24, 2020, 04:07:13 PM
All words are transient in the English language depending on the context.  e.g. 'a person who menstruates' + 'has a womb' + ...  = woman may be true from the perspective of someone who hopes to have a biological child with this person but someone who menstruates being primarily what makes a person a woman is not a relevant definition to someone who owns a woman's shoe shop when a customer comes in to try on a pair of shoes.

This is a useless example, a shop will sell "woman's" shoes to anyone, just as a sports shop will see a GAA jersey to someone that wants to play soccer in it. This only issue here is the customer's willingness to pay.
Generally speaking if there is a chance you might have sex with them in the future then it could be an issue otherwise it only becomes an issue when you make it an issue.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

armaghniac

Quote from: Maiden1 on June 24, 2020, 06:16:31 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 24, 2020, 05:57:31 PM
All words are transient in the English language depending on the context.  e.g. 'a person who menstruates' + 'has a womb' + ...  = woman may be true from the perspective of someone who hopes to have a biological child with this person but someone who menstruates being primarily what makes a person a woman is not a relevant definition to someone who owns a woman's shoe shop when a customer comes in to try on a pair of shoes.

This is a useless example, a shop will sell "woman's" shoes to anyone, just as a sports shop will see a GAA jersey to someone that wants to play soccer in it. This only issue here is the customer's willingness to pay.
Generally speaking if there is a chance you might have sex with them in the future then it could be an issue otherwise it only becomes an issue when you make it an issue.

Well I might not want them sharing a changing room or bathroom with me, or playing sport in a sport supposed to be or women.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Main Street

Linehan is hiding behind the semantics of what a woman is to hide a general dislike of transgender people.  If he just said transgender people are fruitcakes ::) it would have saved him a lot of tweets and we could all move on.
Do you have any evidence to offer that supports your claim that Linehan has a general dislike of transgender people.

Maiden1

Quote from: Main Street on June 25, 2020, 10:41:45 PM

Linehan is hiding behind the semantics of what a woman is to hide a general dislike of transgender people.  If he just said transgender people are fruitcakes ::) it would have saved him a lot of tweets and we could all move on.
Do you have any evidence to offer that supports your claim that Linehan has a general dislike of transgender people.
Yes 10 tweets a day

Main Street

Quote from: Maiden1 on June 25, 2020, 10:55:15 PM

Yes 10 tweets a day
Can you provide the evidence that supports your claim that Linehan has a general dislike of transgender people.
You don't  expect me to just take your word as gospel do you?

Maiden1

Quote from: Main Street on June 25, 2020, 11:04:41 PM

Yes 10 tweets a day
Can you provide the evidence that supports your claim that Linehan has a general dislike of transgender people.
Do you know how to use Twitter?

If you dont think the volume of tweets indicates a negative obsession then we'll have to agree to disagree.

Main Street

Quote from: Maiden1 on June 25, 2020, 11:09:36 PM

Yes 10 tweets a day

If you dont think the volume of tweets indicates a negative obsession then we'll have to agree to disagree.
No I don't regard the volume of tweets  as evidence of a general hate towards transgender people.
He's interested in some aspects of the issue no doubt. If there is such volume as you claim,
then is there not ample opportunity for you to present a morsel of evidence of a general hate that Linehan has towards transgender folk?

Maiden1

Quote from: Main Street on June 25, 2020, 11:26:52 PM

Yes 10 tweets a day

No I don't regard the volume of tweets  as evidence of a general hate towards transgender people.
He's interested in some aspects of the issue no doubt.
If there is such volume as you claim,
then is there not ample opportunity for you to present a morsel of evidence of a general hate that Linehan has towards transgender folk?
You can go to his account yourself and see, why are you saying if there is the volume I claim?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Glinner?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Main Street

Quote from: Maiden1 on June 25, 2020, 11:50:10 PM

Yes 10 tweets a day

You can go to his account yourself and see, why are you saying if there is the volume I claim?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Glinner?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
You claimed volume of tweets alone  proved Linehan's general hate for Trans folk. It doesn't, it's the content that matters. Can you select the exact tweets from his volume of tweets which you consider to be evidence of this general hate. You are the one who made the claim, now back it up. Just copy and paste the relevent text. I certainly have no desire or time to spend days trawling through a twitter account and then trying to second guess what you consider hateful.

Maiden1

Quote from: Main Street on June 26, 2020, 09:18:41 AM
Quote from: Maiden1 on June 25, 2020, 11:50:10 PM

Yes 10 tweets a day

You claimed volume of tweets alone  proved Linehan's general hate for Trans folk. It doesn't, it's the content that matters. Can you select the exact tweets from his volume of tweets which you consider to be evidence of this general hate. You are the one who made the claim, now back it up. Just copy and paste the relevent text. I certainly have no desire or time to spend days trawling through a twitter account and then trying to second guess what you consider hateful.
Neither do I, I am done arguing with you. Also he has moved his account to private this morning which he should have done years ago. He had 10 tweets or retweets yesterday alone, some at 9 in the morning some at 9 at night I would have said all of them dont even bother trawling through to find a hateful 1.

dec

https://mobile.twitter.com/Glinner

"10 tweets a day"

It most have been a slow day for him. He seems to be absolutely obsessed about the issue.

seafoid

https://mobile.twitter.com/brunskellevans/status/1276462147044663296

"The militant trans movement, like all ideological regimes, is eventually exposing itself and inevitably collapsing"

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2020, 02:21:02 PM

"The militant trans movement, like all ideological regimes, is eventually exposing itself and inevitably collapsing"
Trans rights activists are winning bigly when their opponents have to resort to comparing them to Hitler.

Graham Linehan did that too.

Seems to be a concerted PR "strategy" on behalf of the fossils.

Not much of a one if you ask me.

seafoid

Quote from: sid waddell on June 26, 2020, 02:35:25 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 26, 2020, 02:21:02 PM

Trans rights activists are winning bigly when their opponents have to resort to comparing them to Hitler.

Graham Linehan did that too.

Seems to be a concerted PR "strategy" on behalf of the fossils.

Not much of a one if you ask me.

They don't seem.to be convincing enough people.

Gabriel_Hurl

What's he gonna do now that Twitter have suspended him?