62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

tonto1888

Quote from: tyroneman on January 03, 2023, 11:31:11 AM
Quote from: tonto1888 on January 02, 2023, 05:22:10 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 02, 2023, 04:53:43 PM
Player missed the ball and his dragging foot caught his, as clear a penalty you'll ever get, defender at fault ..

The 'other' one not sure on first look, haven't seen replay other that the straight on angle, to show it actually changed direction, to be fair the players didn't complain too much which is usually a better indicator.

But the ref controlled a difficult tie with no major talking points, the yellow cards were spot on

Have to agree with this. Thought theirs was a stone Waller and don't see why we should have had one. Beaton done well also I thought

Footage showed that Starfelt didn't initiate contact - he slid in, going to ground alright, but missed entirely. Salaka put his foot on top of Starfelts, then when he lost his footing - penalty.

Far, far from 'stonewall'  - can maybe excuse Referee due to speed of the act etc, but yet another 'honest' Var decision that goes against Celtic. Less of a penalty than the basketball being played in their box

Overall Celtic lucky enough to get a draw however.

The more I see of their penalty the more I'm not convinced it was one. That said I would have been annoyed if it happened the other way and we didn't get it.
Boyd seemed to think it wasn't a penalty tho

screenexile

Arsenal denied a late penalty there too are the Freemasons in England too??

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on January 03, 2023, 09:41:40 PM
Arteta's narcissistic hypersonic sideline antics notwithstanding, Arsenal were not denied a penalty as the penalty call had no merit. Therefore it follows there was no conspiracy.

Main Street

In any event, this season Celtic have effectively thwarted the O.O. Freemason conspiracy by craftily engineering last minute goals to rescue games beyond the clutches of the brethren match officials.

general_lee

If we look at penalties awarded v penalties conceded for the current season, Rangers top of the pile with +5 and none conceded. Celtic on the other hand are 9th with -3.

"Big deal!?" I hear you say... but if we look at the statistics for the last 5 league seasons 2018-19 to current season, Rangers are top on +28 with Hearts in second with a measly +9, Celtic third with +8. Something is not right!

marty34

Quote from: general_lee on January 04, 2023, 01:12:09 PM
If we look at penalties awarded v penalties conceded for the current season, Rangers top of the pile with +5 and none conceded. Celtic on the other hand are 9th with -3.

"Big deal!?" I hear you say... but if we look at the statistics for the last 5 league seasons 2018-19 to current season, Rangers are top on +28 with Hearts in second with a measly +9, Celtic third with +8. Something is not right!

Yeah, them stats clearly speak for themselves.

But MR will be along shortly to dispell that myth!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on January 04, 2023, 01:41:15 PM

Yeah, them stats clearly speak for themselves.

But MR will be along shortly to dispell that myth!

And Liverpool top the EPL since it started by a good enough margin, are they freemasons also..Knew it the bastids, but only one title to their name in that period
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

lenny

Rangers are top of the list in Europe for net penalties over those last 5 seasons. Barcelona, Man City, PSG all in the mid teens for net penalties yet Rangers have net +28. When they get those penalties is also very significant. Rangers very often get them when the score is 0.0 or they are 1.0 down. Celtic only ever get them when they are 2 or 3 up. Just watch out for this and you'll see my point.

keep her low this half

Plenty of them up to and including the rank of Prime Minister for many years and from both parties.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lenny on January 04, 2023, 02:01:50 PM

Rangers are top of the list in Europe for net penalties over those last 5 seasons. Barcelona, Man City, PSG all in the mid teens for net penalties yet Rangers have net +28. When they get those penalties is also very significant. Rangers very often get them when the score is 0.0 or they are 1.0 down. Celtic only ever get them when they are 2 or 3 up. Just watch out for this and you'll see my point.

But are they penalties or do they just randomly hand them out when Rangers players go into the box? I don't watch their games to see the examples, have you some?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

lenny

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 04, 2023, 02:04:03 PM
Quote from: lenny on January 04, 2023, 02:01:50 PM

But are they penalties or do they just randomly hand them out when Rangers players go into the box? I don't watch their games to see the examples, have you some?

All the top teams across Europe have a very similar net penalty rate. There might be a difference of plus or minus one or two for teams between teams like Man City, Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Juventus etc. Rangers are a complete anomaly as they are at least ten ahead of any other team across Europe.

No1

Quote from: illdecide on November 14, 2022, 10:16:12 AM
Quote from: No1 on November 08, 2022, 11:42:38 AM
Any idea how difficult it would be to get tickets for the league cup semi-final? 

I had flights and hotel booked for myself and the young fella for the St Mirren game that was due to be played on the day the semi-final has been set for. 

It would be a lot handier to go to the semi-final rather than re-arrange the whole trip!

I'll be applying for semi final tickets regardless if i go or not to ensure i'm in the draw for the cup final (hoping we get there), stay in touch come nearer the time and if they're available I can sort you out.

Got tickets sorted for this Saturday illdecide (Santa was sweating there for a while)!  Thanks for the offer though, much appreciated.

HalfBack7

Anywhere in Dublin that shows the 3pm kickoffs? Celtic v Aberdeenon the 18th, not on Sky but I would imagine it'll be on the IPTV.
If anyone knows of any places around Dublin City centre that would be showing it please private message me.

Main Street

I won't poke fun anymore at claims of Ranger's  penalty award bias. There was an atrocious decision made to award Rangers a penalty v Thistle. Tillman was fouled,  tripped outside the  box,  but then he  managed to run another step, made a leap and fell just inside the box. The VAR did not even ask the ref to have another look.