The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2020, 07:17:14 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 19, 2020, 04:50:06 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 19, 2020, 05:11:05 AM
Quote from: screenexile on July 19, 2020, 12:01:30 AM
So let me see Conservatives are against Governement interference in people's lives, for freedom of assembly and for fiscal conservatism.

Trump blows all 3 out of the water and they still back him... Conservatives have lost the plot!!

Conservatism is a mental illness that can get us all killed if it's not stopped.
anything about Portland on Twitter today lads  ?

I don't know about Twitter but the paramilitary secret police abducting people, bundling them into unmarked vehicles, and hauling them off to undisclosed locations is all over the news. Local officials are denouncing the approach as having inflamed the situation and making it harder to get the protests under control. Do you believe that it's happening now or are you still in denial?
they can burn down the rest of the city it seems the mayor doesn't care but not the federal buildings they are government property and will be protected.

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2020, 07:21:38 PM
Trump fell to pieces in a grilling from that well known bastion of liberal bias, Fox News. Chris Wallace obliterated Trump and exposed him for the lying POS he is. I was almost embarrassed for him.

But at least he can point to a picture of an elephant and identify it as an elephant. Nobody identifies elephants as well as me, believe me.

Joes now painted into a corner on defunding the police.

If he's for it.....Trump was right

If he's against it the left Wing of the party will go ballistic

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Gmac on July 21, 2020, 01:11:41 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2020, 07:17:14 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 19, 2020, 04:50:06 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 19, 2020, 05:11:05 AM
Quote from: screenexile on July 19, 2020, 12:01:30 AM
So let me see Conservatives are against Governement interference in people's lives, for freedom of assembly and for fiscal conservatism.

Trump blows all 3 out of the water and they still back him... Conservatives have lost the plot!!

Conservatism is a mental illness that can get us all killed if it's not stopped.
anything about Portland on Twitter today lads  ?

I don't know about Twitter but the paramilitary secret police abducting people, bundling them into unmarked vehicles, and hauling them off to undisclosed locations is all over the news. Local officials are denouncing the approach as having inflamed the situation and making it harder to get the protests under control. Do you believe that it's happening now or are you still in denial?
they can burn down the rest of the city it seems the mayor doesn't care but not the federal buildings they are government property and will be protected.

Ah yes. Protecting property. The hierarchy of importance in the US is as follows:

• Police lives
  • White people's lives
  • White people's property or government property
  • Black people's lives

Getting the lives of black people two rungs higher on that ladder until they're equal with white people's lives is still an ongoing process.

whitey

From the WSJ explaining why Eamonn and others haven't a clue what they're talking about

Enter News, Quotes, Companies or Videos

OPINION  REVIEW & OUTLOOK
The Mess in Portland
Progressives blame Trump for the disorder they've tolerated.
By  The Editorial Board
July 20, 2020 7:15 pm ET
SAVE
TEXT

A person walks past graffiti covering the walls of the US Courthouse in Portland, Oregon, July 17.
PHOTO: ANKUR DHOLAKIA/AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE/GETTY IMAGES
Anarchists and rioters have wreaked havoc on Portland, Ore., for nearly two months. Democrats have excused and emboldened them, and they're now claiming the real problem is that federal law enforcement has intervened to restore order. Maybe the feds should leave and let the city put out its own fires.

Peaceful protests broke out in Portland in late May in response to the killing of George Floyd, but they've quickly escalated to rioting and vandalism. Demonstrators have launched large fireworks at law enforcement, shone laser pointers at their eyes, thrown fecal matter, and assaulted at least one officer with a hammer.

OPINION: POTOMAC WATCH
Trump, the Virus and the Relief Bill

00:00 / 24:23
SUBSCRIBE
The Department of Homeland Security reports that rioters are armed with rifles, tasers, slingshots and sledgehammers and have committed multiple acts of arson. On July 3 someone firebombed the Hatfield U.S. Courthouse, and scarcely a day passes without graffiti and property damage.

If radicals feel emboldened, that's because Portland has long allowed political violence to occur with impunity. In recent years dueling marches by Antifa and far-right activists have descended into brawling, and too often police have done little to stop it. Assaults have gone unpunished, including a violent attack on journalist Andy Ngo. Portland Police admit that they sometimes simply walk away from protests—er, strategically disengage.

In early June Mayor Ted Wheeler told police to refrain from using tear gas unless there's "violence that threatens life safety." Federal Judge Marco Hernandez also issued an injunction prohibiting the use of tear gas "to disperse crowds where there is no or little risk of injury." And on June 30, Oregon Gov. Kate Brown signed legislation that bans tear gas unless police declare a riot.

Enter federal agents, who face no such restrictions on crowd-control tactics. After a June 26 executive order by President Trump, officers from Customs and Border Protection, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, and the Federal Protective Service were dispatched to Portland to safeguard federal property.

"Mr. President, this is an attack on our democracy," Mayor Wheeler tweeted on July 17, along with a New York Times headline claiming "federal agents unleash militarized crackdown on Portland." Nonsense. Federal law clearly allows the Secretary of Homeland Security to dispatch agents to protect federal property and arrest those who threaten it.

Critics have complained that federal agents obscure their identity and operate out of unmarked cars. Officers legitimately fear being identified by name and harassed at home, and their superiors have sometimes allowed them to obscure nameplates while still displaying their patches and badge numbers.

Meanwhile, protesters routinely dress in identical "black bloc" attire and obscure their faces. They've made a habit of swarming officers who attempt an arrest, creating chaos, and helping the suspect disappear. Unmarked cars help federal agents surveil the scene without attracting unwanted attention, and they also enable law enforcement to complete arrests by choosing a safe and opportune moment to make their move. Those arrested are read their Miranda rights and booked as usual.

We understand Mr. Trump's desire to restore order, but he's also saving Democrats from themselves. State and local Democrats will blame federal intervention for any and all disorder, deflecting attention from their own failures. The media will echo whatever they say. Progressives run Portland, Chicago, New York and other cities now experiencing a surge of violence. If they want to indulge the mayhem, then let them live with the consequences.

Gmac

Quote from: whitey on July 21, 2020, 01:15:28 AM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 20, 2020, 07:21:38 PM
Trump fell to pieces in a grilling from that well known bastion of liberal bias, Fox News. Chris Wallace obliterated Trump and exposed him for the lying POS he is. I was almost embarrassed for him.

But at least he can point to a picture of an elephant and identify it as an elephant. Nobody identifies elephants as well as me, believe me.

Joes now painted into a corner on defunding the police.

If he's for it.....Trump was right

If he's against it the left Wing of the party will go ballistic
see former dnc vice chairman and current minn ag Keith ellison doesn't want women who have been raped to call the police ,how can people vote for these lunatics. The dnc are now are a radical left party .

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: whitey on July 21, 2020, 01:20:23 AM
From the WSJ explaining why Eamonn and others haven't a clue what they're talking about

It explains why you and those of your mindset have no clue what they are talking about.

The more you try and oppress, the more the oppressed will tend to resort to violence - particularly if you keep removing any means of meaningful discourse.

The USA is reaping what it has sowed for hundreds of years. No surprise that its not passing by after a week or two.
i usse an speelchekor

sid waddell

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on July 21, 2020, 09:34:40 AM

It explains why you and those of your mindset have no clue what they are talking about.

The more you try and oppress, the more the oppressed will tend to resort to violence - particularly if you keep removing any means of meaningful discourse.

The USA is reaping what it has sowed for hundreds of years. No surprise that its not passing by after a week or two.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

whitey

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on July 21, 2020, 09:34:40 AM

The people rioting and setting fire to Federal buildings are overwhelmingly white not black, so I'm curious as to how and by whom they were oppressed

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: whitey on July 21, 2020, 11:16:12 AM
The people rioting and setting fire to Federal buildings are overwhelmingly white not black, so I'm curious as to how and by whom they were oppressed

They are standing with those that are oppressed. Surely that is obvious even to you?

They have also no doubt been looking on at the police actions early in this saga with horror. Police shooting rubber bullets at the press, at folks in wheelchairs, at peaceful demonstrators. They've seen the police blatantly attempt to intimidate and injure senior citizens.

At this point, the protests are about more than just BLM - they are also against the militarisation of US policing.
i usse an speelchekor

whitey

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on July 21, 2020, 12:06:27 PM

They are standing with those that are oppressed. Surely that is obvious even to you?

They have also no doubt been looking on at the police actions early in this saga with horror. Police shooting rubber bullets at the press, at folks in wheelchairs, at peaceful demonstrators. They've seen the police blatantly attempt to intimidate and injure senior citizens.

At this point, the protests are about more than just BLM - they are also against the militarisation of US policing.

LOL-no, they're just anarchists. (The African American Democratic Mayor of Chicago actually used that term to describe the people who injured 48 officers last Friday afternoon)

So burning down federal buildings and pulling down statues, exactly how does that help "people who are oppressed"? 

LOL and you do realize that some of the "press" (and "medics") you read about are just internet bloggers who support the rioters

Gmac

you are right that the protests are about something else at this stage but not what you think
The protests are about trump and if he is re-elected and they are letting the country know get ready for 4 more years of anarchy if he is elected again .

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: whitey on July 21, 2020, 12:45:39 PMLOL and you do realize that some of the "press" (and "medics") you read about are just internet bloggers who support the rioters

Yes, the news crews reporting live to an international audience of hundreds of thousands if not millions that were getting shot at or arrested by the police were "internet bloggers".  ::)
i usse an speelchekor

whitey

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on July 21, 2020, 05:29:13 PM
Quote from: whitey on July 21, 2020, 12:45:39 PMLOL and you do realize that some of the "press" (and "medics") you read about are just internet bloggers who support the rioters

Yes, the news crews reporting live to an international audience of hundreds of thousands if not millions that were getting shot at or arrested by the police were "internet bloggers".  ::)

Hence my use of the word "some" (and I would venture to say most is probably more accurate)

In the middle of a riot with projectiles and teargas flying, I don't think the cops are taking off their riot gear to inspect press passes. If they're clearing an area, while legally the press may be exempt from complying, it's very easy to get caught in the middle

I notice how none of you guys are offering any support to the 49 officers assaulted by a mob in Chicago last Friday evening, of whom 18 were hospitalized

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Gmac on July 21, 2020, 03:58:02 PM

you are right that the protests are about something else at this stage but not what you think
The protests are about trump and if he is re-elected and they are letting the country know get ready for 4 more years of anarchy if he is elected again .
Now you're catching on, old boy!

Gmac

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 21, 2020, 05:57:04 PM
Quote from: Gmac on July 21, 2020, 03:58:02 PM

Now you're catching on, old boy!
rioting from behind the keyboard old chum.