FAI...Spring friendlies for Interim Manager - Belgium/Swiss

Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Billys Boots

In fairness Seanie, he probably has an agreement with Ferguson not to play him twice. 

Contrary to the prevailing opinions here, I thought the midfield (Gibson/Whelan) had a decent first half on Saturday, in that they did exactly what the manager instructed them to do, and did it effectively.  The roving #7 gave them problems all night though. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Bingo

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 29, 2011, 12:31:53 PM
Fair play to Trappatoni. He is really helping Darron Gibson get more games (as he always say Darron needs) by leaving him on the bench tonight. Possibly a better team than the one that played the other night!

Maybe he realised that Gibson is useless and has to look at getting someone else in  ;)

muppet

Quote from: Billys Boots on March 29, 2011, 12:37:16 PM
In fairness Seanie, he probably has an agreement with Ferguson not to play him twice. 

Contrary to the prevailing opinions here, I thought the midfield (Gibson/Whelan) had a decent first half on Saturday, in that they did exactly what the manager instructed them to do, and did it effectively.  The roving #7 gave them problems all night though.

Whelan has as much composure as Síle Seoighe at a Kylie concert. He kept passing the ball to the opposition. Sure he wins it back some of the time but a better player won't have to.
MWWSI 2017

stiffler

Any word on the uruaguay team? is suarez/forlan starting?

I don't know how Keogh gets a run out. Would have been an ideal time to look at Wilson in a defensive midfield position.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Bingo

Suarez not in squad, "injured" at the minute.

Billys Boots

Quote from: muppet on March 29, 2011, 01:00:39 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on March 29, 2011, 12:37:16 PM

Whelan has as much composure as Síle Seoighe at a Kylie concert. He kept passing the ball to the opposition. Sure he wins it back some of the time but a better player won't have to.

Ah Elmo, he only 'lost' it a couple of times - for me those times stood out as we looked to be in a good place to launch attacks.  However, the attacking seems to be only through the wide midfielders at present.  By the way, McGeady gave the ball away more times than Whelan, from my recollection, but there doesn't seem to be any talk about that.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Bingo on March 29, 2011, 12:38:50 PM
Fair play to Trappatoni. He is really helping Darron Gibson get more games (as he always say Darron needs) by leaving him on the bench tonight. Possibly a better team than the one that played the other night!

Maybe he realised that Gibson is useless and has to look at getting someone else in  ;)

You realise Green is playing do you? Maybe Gibson is useless but he's one of our least useless options.

BB - would really doubt such an agreement is in place. If it was surely he'd have been sent back to Manchester?

muppet

Quote from: magpie seanie on March 29, 2011, 01:54:41 PM

You realise Green is playing do you? Maybe Gibson is useless but he's one of our least useless options.

BB - would really doubt such an agreement is in place. If it was surely he'd have been sent back to Manchester?

I love it!
MWWSI 2017

Billys Boots

Quote from: muppet on March 29, 2011, 01:58:00 PM

I love it!

Agreed, Green certainly doesn't have the pedigree for this level of football.

Bingo

I thought my  ;) would have highlighted my jest.....we aren't blessed in midfield by any stretch of the imagination. Gibson is by far not the worse and the future i feel is along the line up tonight with McCarthy off Doyle (if fit - Robbie will never hold the ball up enough). I don't think we can play a 442 and hold to retain the ball enough to create a flurry of chances.

We should look at either a 433 or a 451.

deiseach

Quote from: Bingo on March 29, 2011, 01:37:22 PM

Good use of quotation marks, the type of "injury" that will clear up the day before Liverpool's next game

Bingo

Quote from: deiseach on March 29, 2011, 02:53:15 PM
Quote from: Bingo on March 29, 2011, 01:37:22 PM

Good use of quotation marks, the type of "injury" that will clear up the day before Liverpool's next game

I would hope its an international groin strain and he back in training tomorrow. He did go off injured though at end of last game and by all accounts he has been known to hire a private jet in South America to get himself back for training the morning after international matches, so there may be something to it.

Dave

I think Suarez is genuinely injured.
As for Darren Gibson...I wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting 11.
For me Keith Fahy is a better option than either Gibson or Whelan.

ross4life

Why didn't the FAI fix one of the home nations games for today instead of pointless friendly?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Capt Pat

Quote from: ross4life on March 29, 2011, 05:56:34 PM
Why didn't the FAI fix one of the home nations games for today instead of pointless friendly?

The home nations games arent pointless freindlies?