Started by Cúig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

well fook me...  2 - 1

some strike though in fairness
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

ross4life

Andorra deserved that 2-1 is about right at half time
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Celt_Man

Quote from: ross4life on September 07, 2010, 08:35:30 PM
Andorra deserved that 2-1 is about right at half time

They deserved a goal with their second or third shot after 29% possession in the half??? 

Wouldn't agree there at all... Ireland aren't great but that doesn't mean Andorra deserved a goal

ross4life

Well what i mean is.. Ireland deserved to be leading no more
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Celt_Man

Great to see Keane score.. lovely tidy passing move... there are plenty more goals here for the taking

ross4life

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Declan

Jaysus we are hard to watch when we have to try and play football constructively. McGeady is one of those players who you'd love to throttle cos the amount of times he picks the wrong option is incredible. Anyway we'll here the usual tripe re a professional job etc, 3 points, top of the table, they were well organised etc.
The amazing thing is that the majority of these lads ply their trade in the PL on about 40K a week.   

tyssam5

Yer man Kelly on the right wing couldn't cross his fingers.

The Real Laoislad

Where were these €50 tickets for,mine was €70
Boring enough match but some nice goals.
3 points is all that matters though
You'll Never Walk Alone.

trileacman

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 07, 2010, 10:25:26 PM
Where were these €50 tickets for,mine was €70
Boring enough match but some nice goals.
3 points is all that matters though
on ticketmaster. Cheapest I could find was 50. Mind you that was probably a seat behind stone wall.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Quote from: Declan on September 07, 2010, 09:33:23 PM
Jaysus we are hard to watch when we have to try and play football constructively. McGeady is one of those players who you'd love to throttle cos the amount of times he picks the wrong option is incredible. Anyway we'll here the usual tripe re a professional job etc, 3 points, top of the table, they were well organised etc.
The amazing thing is that the majority of these lads ply their trade in the PL on about 40K a week.

McGeady IMO was our best player, made a lot of good runs and crosses that other people other people f**k up. goal-scoring passes to Keogh and Kilbane who couldn't take their goals. Okay he makes mistakes but is by far and away our best outlet in attack. Our other tactic is to aim for the noggin of "5 ft 11 1⁄2 in" Kevin Doyle and against two of the worst back fours in Europe it has succeeded. When we play a team with two decent centre backs of good aerial ability we are fooked. In fact if Armenia had Dunne and St ledger at the back we would never have scored. Now I'm not a celtic die-hard or McGeady's brother but I just think he takes alot of flack for playing quite well. He's the only player on the team able to take a man on and beat him with ease. Crossing is poor but all Lawrence does is pass back to the full back and his one redeemable attribute is to kick a good free.

GBXII

Was very interesting there, had a look on the boards.ie site at the Ireland thread just to see what Irish supporters were saying about the match. An unbelievable amount of abuse being directed at McGeady. It's funny because I can understand why people might regard him as being frustrating and maybe he didnt have a great game but to say he's shite and not worth his place on the team has to be just plain wrong. In my eyes he is the only attacking outlet, actually, as far as I can see, the only player on the team/squad who has any bit of pace.

Was also interesting how in his interview Trap made the effort to single out McGeady. In my opinon either because he genuinely felt he was brilliant or because he wants to boost his confidence. Either way Trap knows he is a talented player.

trileacman

Quote from: GBXII on September 07, 2010, 11:08:22 PM
Was very interesting there, had a look on the boards.ie site at the Ireland thread just to see what Irish supporters were saying about the match. An unbelievable amount of abuse being directed at McGeady. It's funny because I can understand why people might regard him as being frustrating and maybe he didnt have a great game but to say he's shite and not worth his place on the team has to be just plain wrong. In my eyes he is the only attacking outlet, actually, as far as I can see, the only player on the team/squad who has any bit of pace.

Was also interesting how in his interview Trap made the effort to single out McGeady. In my opinon either because he genuinely felt he was brilliant or because he wants to boost his confidence. Either way Trap knows he is a talented player.

Did any one else notice just how unbelievably slow Lawrence was to fetch that ball that was running out towards the end-line when he dribbled into the box? It was tara altogether!

GBXII

Yeah he's very slow in fairness, looks like he is always knackered too. Maybe a bit too much muscle on board.