Ulster Championship 2021

Started by J70, June 21, 2021, 12:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

PS,  no shops/ bars etc will be open in Croke Park
From  Rossfan

clarshack

When does email to purchase tickets go out to club members?

armaghniac

Quote from: Dire Ear on July 24, 2021, 04:02:45 PM
PS,  no shops/ bars etc will be open in Croke Park
From  Rossfan

Bars are one thing, but why would they not sell bottles of water and the like?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Sean3

Shops were open last Sunday

Rossfan

Correction...no bars or restaurants  open.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

GlenMan

I see that face masks must be worn at all times in Croke Park, even when seated. That's absolutely crazy and totally unnecessary.

balladmaker

Quote from: GlenMan on July 25, 2021, 10:36:07 AM
I see that face masks must be worn at all times in Croke Park, even when seated. That's absolutely crazy and totally unnecessary.

Makes sense for getting to and from seat but what's the rationale for when seated ... sounds like they're making it up as they go along.

Would like to know who did the ticket planning for last week's Armagh Monaghan game .... 3 sides of field mostly empty with the town terrace left crowded with absolutely no opportunity to social distance.

From the Bunker

We are in the middle of a lethal pandemic. What do you expect? People are dying and the hospitals are filled to capacity. Does nobody care anymore?

GlenMan

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 25, 2021, 12:10:09 PM

We are in the middle of a lethal pandemic. What do you expect? People are dying and the hospitals are filled to capacity. Does nobody care anymore?

Oh come on... there's absolutely no justification to wear a mask when seated, in an outdoor stadium, socially distanced, at 1/4 capacity.

rodney trotter

An outdoor setting with a limited Capacity of 18,000 in a 80 k stadium, shouldn't need masks while seated.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Ridiculous asking people to wear masks in Croke Park whilst seated. Maybe ok at toilets and shops

Jim Bob

Where did you see that ?

GlenMan

Quote from: Jim Bob on July 25, 2021, 12:24:05 PM

Where did you see that ?

https://twitter.com/mayogaa/status/1419228137964048388?s=21

From the Bunker

Quote from: GlenMan on July 25, 2021, 12:13:13 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on July 25, 2021, 12:10:09 PM

Oh come on... there's absolutely no justification to wear a mask when seated, in an outdoor stadium, socially distanced, at 1/4 capacity.

People are letting their guard down? This is a serious virus. Are you not afraid anymore?

armaghniac

Quote from: balladmaker on July 25, 2021, 11:16:31 AM

Makes sense for getting to and from seat but what's the rationale for when seated ... sounds like they're making it up as they go along.

Would like to know who did the ticket planning for last week's Armagh Monaghan game .... 3 sides of field mostly empty with the town terrace left crowded with absolutely no opportunity to social distance.

This is noticeable on TV games, crowds packed into one area of the ground and the rest empty. The GAA is its own worst enemy sometimes, both the organisers and the supporters suiting themselves rather than preventing Covid. Last summer we had exactly the same thing, some grounds with everyone spread out, others where everyone was in the stand between the 45s. If the GAA wants more crowds for later games then it must show that it can manage the crowds
However, if people are spread throughout the stadium, then there should be no need for masks.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B