Laois Senior Hurlers 2021

Started by mcwregor, January 28, 2021, 09:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laois man

Is Aaron Dunphy not fit to start? Colm Stapleton got very little game time. Did our sub keeper get any game time all year?

burdizzo

Personally I thought Aaron Dunphy did well the last day, but up to that hadn't done well at all. I can absolutely see why he wasn't starting.

I believe a couple of lads left the panel before the Waterford game. Probably for that reason.

You do know there's only 15 starting places?  Not everyone can start.

Giovanni

I do hope the squad is not going to fall apart. There is a squad of genuinely good players and as we know injuries are sometimes going to happen. I could understand lads losing heart with the way things were going in the league but hopefully the management has learned lessons too and understand that "the gap" is not necessarily all that big. We are as physically strong as most teams and we have a lot of genuinely skilful players. After that, the key ingredients are a sensible game plan and the levels of motivation and self-belief in the group. It is the job of management to make this right. The last couple of games give hope that lessons have been learned so I hope the players don't give up on it yet.

redsetanta

I was listening to the hurling GAA hour and Conal Keaney mentioned that there was talk of the players going to management to change things up and go more attacking after the Wexford result. I hadn't heard anything bout it but in fairness if management is prepared to sit down and discuss the issue with the players and they change the set up it has to be a good thing surely, no?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Joeythelips

Quote from: Laois man on July 22, 2021, 09:23:58 PM
Is Aaron Dunphy not fit to start? Colm Stapleton got very little game time. Did our sub keeper get any game time all year?

Has any county given their sub keeper game time this year??

clonadmad

Quote from: Joeythelips on July 23, 2021, 02:37:12 PM
Quote from: Laois man on July 22, 2021, 09:23:58 PM

Has any county given their sub keeper game time this year??

Galway
Tipp
Kilkenny

Dublin?

Giovanni

Quote from: redsetanta on July 23, 2021, 02:14:25 PM
I was listening to the hurling GAA hour and Conal Keaney mentioned that there was talk of the players going to management to change things up and go more attacking after the Wexford result. I hadn't heard anything bout it but in fairness if management is prepared to sit down and discuss the issue with the players and they change the set up it has to be a good thing surely, no?

Yes it has to be a good thing. Hope the players stick with it now.

burdizzo

Quote from: redsetanta on July 23, 2021, 02:14:25 PM

He probably just read it on here. Heh.

Joeythelips

The lads need to pull the finger out in the second half, Westmeath full value for their 6 point lead but the amount of wides laois have hit has been shocking. We are lucky Westmeath are down to 14 also which should give us the edge to get over the line but they really need to up it big time or its bye bye Div 1.

portlaoisekid

Jeez I genuinely thought that was lost ,fair play to them for showing they are better than div 2, but unfortunately for a long time on the line and the pitch we didn't show that ..I really thought Westmeath had done a job on us..fair play to all

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

LaoisAbu20

We made hard work of that. Westmeath were the better team for the majority of the game. Fair play to the lads for seeing it through and getting the win.

Joeythelips

I actually felt sorry for Westmeath after that. Laois were not at the same pace as last couple weeks and should have paid the ultimate price for it. Some of our shooting in the first half was awful and almost cost us in the end. Westmeath's red card was silly and ultimately was the deciding factor between them teams.

Its harsh on Westmeath but Laois have maintained Div 1 hurling for another year. Hopefully we can get everyone fully fit next season and have a super competitive squad to have a right go at Div 1 and Leinster.

burdizzo

Quote from: portlaoisekid on July 24, 2021, 09:18:57 PM
Jeez I genuinely thought that was lost ,fair play to them for showing they are better than div 2, but unfortunately for a long time on the line and the pitch we didn't show that ..I really thought Westmeath had done a job on us..fair play to all

Interesting to see Cheddar stand away from the players at the water breaks.

Yes, I thought Westmeath were better for most of the match. In fairness to Scully, he was immense tonight. Had the balls to hit those ones in Rowland's area, and all.

Only in the last quarter did we come to life. The likes of Ross, and Jack standing up when perhaps they'd been a bit 'off' up to that.

Still, maybe Cheddar was right - that we're on a level with Westmeath.

Joeythelips

Quote from: burdizzo on July 24, 2021, 09:51:11 PM

Interesting to see Cheddar stand away from the players at the water breaks.

Yes, I thought Westmeath were better for most of the match. In fairness to Scully, he was immense tonight. Had the balls to hit those ones in Rowland's area, and all.

Only in the last quarter did we come to life. The likes of Ross, and Jack standing up when perhaps they'd been a bit 'off' up to that.

Still, maybe Cheddar was right - that we're on a level with Westmeath.

Yeah Kelly's 2 points at the end were a massive scores. Still Westmeath have only themselves to blame with a missed penalty at the end and a needless sending off.