County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 31, 2018, 02:40:18 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 31, 2018, 01:57:27 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on August 31, 2018, 08:58:50 AM

I presume our Offaly brethren have taken in Maughan's interview on OTB ?
I'm not an Offaly brethren but from listening to a bit of it he thinks county football hasn't changed much since he last managed 10 years ago and has no plans to go defensive as he wants supporters going to the games to enjoy it.

He's bringing sexy back.

Stephen Wallace said something about sexy too. We just didn't realise he meant S&M.

twohands!!!

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 31, 2018, 03:48:53 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 31, 2018, 02:40:18 PM
Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 31, 2018, 01:57:27 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on August 31, 2018, 08:58:50 AM

I presume our Offaly brethren have taken in Maughan's interview on OTB ?
I'm not an Offaly brethren but from listening to a bit of it he thinks county football hasn't changed much since he last managed 10 years ago and has no plans to go defensive as he wants supporters going to the games to enjoy it.

He's bringing sexy back.

Stephen Wallace said something about sexy too. We just didn't realise he meant S&M.

I think it's terrible bad form of the Offaly County Board to punish the lads who fell out with Wallace by appointing Maughan and letting him bring along Tommy "Tom" Carr.

The only thing I can think of is that the County Board is hoping that every footballer in the county refuses to play and they can spend all their money on the hurlers.

Blowitupref

Jack Cooney looks set to take charge of the Westmeath footballers, will become the county's first native manager in 26 years.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

magpie seanie

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 03, 2018, 10:08:47 PM
Jack Cooney looks set to take charge of the Westmeath footballers, will become the county's first native manager in 26 years.

I hear they dodged a bullet going by one of the rumoured interviewees....

Syferus

Sligo are swallowing a bullet if they're seriously considering Eammo. People in glass houses..

shark

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 04, 2018, 03:08:09 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on September 03, 2018, 10:08:47 PM

I hear they dodged a bullet going by one of the rumoured interviewees....

Yeah he would have been a poor appointment.

Cooney deserves a crack at it. Was a selector under Paidi, has done well at a few different clubs, and got good experience with Donegal last couple of years. Some within the county are against him as his Kinnegad team play ultra defensive football. But he made them competitive (semi final last year) even though they don't have a whole lot of quality in their team. Horses for courses.
Clubs still have to ratify him, but I expect they will.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Syferus on September 04, 2018, 03:32:18 PM
Sligo are swallowing a bullet if they're seriously considering Eammo. People in glass houses..

Denis Connerton a strong possibility for the Sligo job now.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Syferus

Quote from: Blowitupref on September 04, 2018, 04:44:51 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 04, 2018, 03:32:18 PM

Denis Connerton a strong possibility for the Sligo job now.

Would be a much better appointment than what was rumoured but he's also hardly someone who is going to set a fire in Sligo hearts. Very interesting that Leitrim can get Terry Hyland but Sligo are chasing after what are lesser candidates on paper.

cornetto

Syferus you will be glad to know Galway have enlisted a roscommon man kevin stricht to be new trainer instead of paddy tally.any info on him can't say I have heard of him before??

Syferus

Quote from: cornetto on September 04, 2018, 09:42:15 PM
Syferus you will be glad to know Galway have enlisted a roscommon man kevin stricht to be new trainer instead of paddy tally.any info on him can't say I have heard of him before??

He was coach of Castleknock the year they made the Dublin final and was coach with Longford this year. He worked with Donie Buckley a bit too.

Orchard park

On the stolen sheep site Syferus has said Stritch is too inexperienced for the Roscommon coaching job!!!!!!!!

Syferus

Quote from: Orchard park on September 04, 2018, 10:40:07 PM
On the stolen sheep site Syferus has said Stritch is too inexperienced for the Roscommon coaching job!!!!!!!!

I'm not crying a river that he isn't our coach like you are but I said he shouldn't be our first choice, not that he shouldn't be a choice. Nice failed attempt to blacken someone's name, though.

Orchard park

I never mentioned Kevin Stritch in any guise before Syferus......

This isn't the time to find a talented lad with little intercounty experience .....we need someone who has coached teams to do exactly what we need to do.....

Think the above is the  gushing praise you gave him.

Rossfan

We've fcukd up again -missing out on one of our own this time.
But sure we'll continue with the same oul shite and expect different outcomes.
5 of the County panel dropping out next year apart from age related retirements.
I wonder why.......?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 05, 2018, 01:20:00 AM
We've fcukd up again -missing out on one of our own this time.
But sure we'll continue with the same oul shite and expect different outcomes.
5 of the County panel dropping out next year apart from age related retirements.
I wonder why.......?

Demands on IC players far too high with no team outside Dublin having a realistic chance at glory..

I'd love a psychologist to examine your mind and see how you manage to convince yourself everything good about Roscommon has nothing to do with Kevin McStay while everything negative is clearly his fault. We've had players dropping out every year under every manager for many, many years now. So has almost every other county. It's not the man at the top that's the issue.