Cost Of Living

Started by Olly, July 03, 2022, 05:55:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

It is very skewed and just getting more and more skewed.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on September 22, 2022, 03:54:50 PM
Cant remember the exact quote but last week i read theres a misconception that the UK is a rich nation, there are a few very rich people at the top while the standard of living for the majority is quite low

As long as you've enough for a fish supper and crate of beer!!

I'm really needing to look at spending!! two daughters at college away from home and prices going through the roof!! Beans and toast for the year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

Quote from: LC on September 22, 2022, 03:00:14 PM
Pity anyone who bought their first home in the past 2 - 3 years with an LTV of +90%, they are in for a big shock when their current mortgage deal ends.

Maybe the 'You'll Own Nothing by 2030' Conspiracy isn't that far fetched after all.

johnnycool

Kwarsi Kwarteng (sic) just giving the very highest earners a 5p tax cut, not touching the mega profits of the energy companies is some giveaway to the Tory party donors whilst the £ tanks against the $...

"We need to encourage people to join the labour market. We will make work pay by reducing people's benefits if they don't fulfil their job search ...we'll ask 120k more people on Universal Credit to take active steps to seek...work or...have their benefits reduced"

It must be lost on him that a lot of people on Universal Credit are already working but the pay is that shít they still need UC to survive..

We are indeed part of a high risk right wing social experiment that will cost poor people their lives this winter...

imtommygunn

They're basically taking the piss now.

They don't care.

trailer

Scrapping the planned rise in Corp Tax and Nat Ins is definitely welcomed.

Armagh18

Quote from: johnnycool on September 23, 2022, 11:34:58 AM
Kwarsi Kwarteng (sic) just giving the very highest earners a 5p tax cut, not touching the mega profits of the energy companies is some giveaway to the Tory party donors whilst the £ tanks against the $...

"We need to encourage people to join the labour market. We will make work pay by reducing people's benefits if they don't fulfil their job search ...we'll ask 120k more people on Universal Credit to take active steps to seek...work or...have their benefits reduced"

It must be lost on him that a lot of people on Universal Credit are already working but the pay is that shít they still need UC to survive..

We are indeed part of a high risk right wing social experiment that will cost poor people their lives this winter...
I'm all for cutting benefits to people who refuse to work, but the money they're milking from the system is peanuts compared to what Johnson siphoned off to his cronies over covid or what energy companies are fleecing us for. Genuinely feel sorry for people that are working full time in some shitty job for peanuts and having to chose between food and heat.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on September 23, 2022, 11:51:36 AM

The rise in NI was meant to pay for Social Care reform, that now either isn't happening (my bets on this one) or they're borrowing to fund it..

With the £ dropping vrs the $ then expect wholesale oil prices to go up and with that everything else...

trailer

Quote from: Armagh18 on September 23, 2022, 11:59:28 AM

I'm all for cutting benefits to people who refuse to work, but the money they're milking from the system is peanuts compared to what Johnson siphoned off to his cronies over covid or what energy companies are fleecing us for. Genuinely feel sorry for people that are working full time in some shitty job for peanuts and having to chose between food and heat.

It's the In work poverty. Families both with jobs, paying childcare and with rising energy costs are seeing disposable incomes squeezed. That's were the poverty is. Unemployed will notice no difference. They never had money and never worked. The state always provided. It those who are trying but can't make ends meet who need the help.

screenexile

Bananas... scrapping the 45p tax rate is blatant cronyism.

The Stamp Duty cut is blatant cronyism.

Scrapping bankers bonus cap . . . Scrapping the rise in corporation tax... all cronyism!

I could go on... the net effect of all the cuts is the increase in price we'll have to pay for energy given how much STG has tanked against the Dollar!!

imtommygunn

It's criminal tbh. Not one f**k do they give.

Trickle down economics my arse.

Taylor

Quote from: trailer on September 23, 2022, 12:11:38 PM

It's the In work poverty. Families both with jobs, paying childcare and with rising energy costs are seeing disposable incomes squeezed. That's were the poverty is. Unemployed will notice no difference. They never had money and never worked. The state always provided. It those who are trying but can't make ends meet who need the help.

And that is the real problem here.
Busting your ballix all week and still cant eat & heat.

Those that choose not to work - zero sympathy

trailer

Quote from: johnnycool on September 23, 2022, 12:03:04 PM

The rise in NI was meant to pay for Social Care reform, that now either isn't happening (my bets on this one) or they're borrowing to fund it..

With the £ dropping vrs the $ then expect wholesale oil prices to go up and with that everything else...

We have no Gov in NI so we'll see no benefit from the Social Care reform. Scrapping the tax on something we'll not benefit from is welcomed in my view.

Armagh18

Quote from: Taylor on September 23, 2022, 12:25:54 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 23, 2022, 12:11:38 PM

And that is the real problem here.
Busting your ballix all week and still cant eat & heat.

Those that choose not to work - zero sympathy
100% agree. Would break your heart.

johnnycool

Quote from: trailer on September 23, 2022, 12:30:34 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on September 23, 2022, 12:03:04 PM

We have no Gov in NI so we'll see no benefit from the Social Care reform. Scrapping the tax on something we'll not benefit from is welcomed in my view.

Oh, that's ok then....  ::)