U20 All Ireland series

Started by Farrandeelin, July 04, 2018, 10:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

It was Joey Barton esque,  swinging at anything that moved on his way off.

gallsman

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 05, 2018, 08:32:16 PM
What was Flynn sent off for originally does anyone know? The TV had the Mayo management on the screen when the incident happened and their reaction said it all.  I presume he will get at least 12 week ban for pushing the ref

He grabbed the Kildare lad by the throat, stuck the head into him and pushed him backwards about two feet in front of the ref.

Blowitupref

Quote from: gallsman on August 05, 2018, 09:29:42 PM
Quote from: Blowitupref on August 05, 2018, 08:32:16 PM
What was Flynn sent off for originally does anyone know? The TV had the Mayo management on the screen when the incident happened and their reaction said it all.  I presume he will get at least 12 week ban for pushing the ref

He grabbed the Kildare lad by the throat, stuck the head into him and pushed him backwards about two feet in front of the ref.
Seen him doing all of that but he also did something else off camera before it.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Well done Kildare. Exciting game and the obligatory nervy finish.
Was shouting for ye so dinner and parking sorted out for if we ever get to Croker again.
O'Neill , Mastension and Hyland will no doubt be serious additions for ye're Seniors next year.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Mayo folk beside me said he struck the referee before he got Darragh Ryan by the neck. I think it happened while it cut to Solan reacted. If it is the case he did it twice he should be looking at a lot more than 3 months. I'm not sure if the first one was a punch.

sligoman2

Congrats Kildare, it's been a while so enjoy it.  Hard luck to Mayo
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Blowitupref

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on August 05, 2018, 10:19:07 PM
Mayo folk beside me said he struck the referee before he got Darragh Ryan by the neck. I think it happened while it cut to Solan reacted. If it is the case he did it twice he should be looking at a lot more than 3 months. I'm not sure if the first one was a punch.
Yes he did something very stupid to cause that reaction from Solan.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Mayo4Sam14

Was at the match and definitely saw him push the ref then push Kildare man so must have done it twice, have to feel for him though... under 20 biggest game of your life
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 05, 2018, 04:36:48 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 05, 2018, 04:21:21 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on August 05, 2018, 02:52:10 PM
Kildare don't win All-Ireland's so absolutely brilliant for the lads and the county. Amazing achievement and what a journey for those lads, a great end to a rollercoaster summer of football for Kildare's inter county teams.

Who would you bring straight into the senior panel, Dinny?

O'Neill, Giollain, Dempsey and Hyland are already there. I like Barret and McLoughlin who's been carrying an injury throughout. Masterson is a shoe in as O'Neill and Sweeney are club mates. Jack Robinson who opted out of this group to go travelling, he was pick of these as a minor could be another.

I'd give O'Neill another year in the u20's unless Donnellan loses his form/confidence. O'Neill has nearly everything but he is not 19 until December and Donnellan is a better shotstopper still. Serious prospect though.
Mark Barrett is underage again next year too so I'd let him develop a bit further but Mark Dempsey will be a welcome addition to the full back line, should free up David Hyland to go out to the half back line possibly.
Masterson will probably go in ahead of Moolick but it will need Feely to play more defensively as Masterson is fairly attack minded.
Tony Archibald and Paddy Woodgate deserve a call up too. Archibald has some engine and has done well at club level for Celbridge. Woodgate was on the senior panel in 2017 and his performances improved greatly through the championship. Nash might be a bit unlucky if he doesn't get called up but with Niall Kelly and Chris Healy being similar it will be hard to get in.
McLoughlin played O'Byrne cup against Louth in terrible conditions in January and didn't get into the game but he will get another chance.

Hopefully the players all perform for their clubs in the championship and keep improving. Today was a good day.

Mayo4Sam

He pushed the ref while the camera was on Solan, stupid act he'll get a lengthy ban
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 05, 2018, 10:48:44 PM
He pushed the ref while the camera was on Solan, stupid act he'll get a lengthy ban

Won't be good for his development, he looked decent good size and engine.

Wildweasel74

He be looking at a year for that! Stupidest thing i seen on a football field!