U20 All Ireland series

Started by Farrandeelin, July 04, 2018, 10:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on August 04, 2018, 12:48:18 AM
With all due respect to the neighbours, the final of a banjaxed competition.

Everything is banjaxed when Ros are out. Kildare will probably win it. Hope I'm wrong though.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 04, 2018, 07:11:54 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 04, 2018, 12:48:18 AM
With all due respect to the neighbours, the final of a banjaxed competition.

Everything is banjaxed when Ros are out. Kildare will probably win it. Hope I'm wrong though.

Nah lad, everything is banjaxed when the best u20s in Ireland are rescuing Kerry in the cash-grab senior championship rather than playing in the u20 AI. Interest in this competition has flatlined because the GAA ensured that it would.

Rossfan

That's it.
Syfīn had spoken.
Horan/Ryan abolish the U20 immediately.
After all the U21 Finals used to be 82,000 sell outs every year.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on August 04, 2018, 11:13:29 AM
That's it.
Syfīn had spoken.

Probably the post that most graphically highlights you have absolutely no interest in the truth and instead are completely fixated on opposing anything I say, no matter how ridculous a position that puts you in. I hope you can fix whatever is making you that way.

larryin89

With all due respect to our neighbors the under 20 final is the main show tomorrow.

I know four people travelling from England tonight to watch Mayo tomorrow . I know how a small village in East Mayo are travelling in great numbers to watch their hero Cathal Horan wear the green and red with great pride .

How many people do you know are travelling from overseas to watch Roscommon tomorrow syfwrus?

Apologies to the decent rossies but this guy really is piece of work . I have to laugh though as I've only found out recently his identity...lol
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Orchard park

Quote from: Syferus on August 04, 2018, 11:18:55 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on August 04, 2018, 11:13:29 AM
That's it.
Syfīn had spoken.

Probably the post that most graphically highlights you have absolutely no interest in the truth and instead are completely fixated on opposing anything I say, no matter how ridculous a position that puts you in. I hope you can fix whatever is making you that way.

Given that in early 2017 you argued that Clifford wasn't the best minor in Ireland, that's some U turn...

Evan Murphy was the best 2017 minor you pontificate whilst those with even cursory football knowledge  knew Of Clifford.

Best Of luck to Mayo tomorrow, all Ireland finals need to be supported and promoted. I think you are against a very talented Kildarevside but finals won on the day not on paper....

Rossfan

I hear that Murphy lad has taken up socceryball with the Galway League of Ireland club.
This should be a good game tomorrow and I'm sure we'll be seeing many of the participants at Senior level next year or 2.
Have to support Kildare or the in laws mightn't give me any more free dinners or free parking on match days.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Quote from: larryin89 on August 04, 2018, 12:59:51 PM
With all due respect to our neighbors the under 20 final is the main show tomorrow.

I know four people travelling from England tonight to watch Mayo tomorrow . I know how a small village in East Mayo are travelling in great numbers to watch their hero Cathal Horan wear the green and red with great pride .

How many people do you know are travelling from overseas to watch Roscommon tomorrow syfwrus?

Apologies to the decent rossies but this guy really is piece of work . I have to laugh though as I've only found out recently his identity...lol

Fair play to them all for coming home, and the Kilmovee contingent.Unfortunately I won't make it myself. Please God they'll do it - show people we're not finished yet.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Blowitupref

Watched back on the two semi finals recently. Full games on TG4 player and youtube if anyone wants to do likewise. Both sides play a very similar attacking brand of football and Kildare especially kick a lot of direct and fast ball into their inside line.

For Mayo both wing half backs and the two big powerful men in midfield is the strength of their team from what i see and almost everything in their forward line  seems to go through or created by a roaming Ryan O'Donoghue. In Ross Egan they have a very good free taker and free taker of that quality is huge asset to have if you want to win AI final.

For Kildare  Jimmy Hyland the clear stand out but i can imagine Mayo will have a plan in place that he doesn't stand out as much in tomorrow's final. Their forward line is full of pace and movement. Aaron Masterson was outstanding in midfield and he really needed to step up when his midfield partner went off at half time and his replacement went off injured soon after with what looked like a dislocated shoulder.

They look well organized side in defence and held a good Kerry side to just 7 scores from play 4 of those scores came in the last 10 mins but discipline in the tackle doesn't seem to be the best as they gave away a lot of frees and in a game they only won by 1 point i think Kerry are probably still wondering if only Fiachra Clifford was more hit than miss on his frees.

From a neutral perspective i would like to see Kildare winning as 53 years is already long enough to wait for AI and after beating Kerry,Dublin on route it will be awful heartbreaking for them if they are to fall at the final hurdle. Mayo have won two AIs recently minor 2013 and U21 2016 and in Michael Solan they have a manager that is looking to lead Mayo to a 2nd AI in 3 years

Hard game to call but i think the game played in Croke park gives Mayo an advantage. Their starting team have loads of players be it club or schools level that have played there already and won All Irelands.  Mayo to win by a point or two i reckon and i wouldn't be surprised if it takes extra time to win.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

macdanger2

Looking forward to tomorrow, would be great to win an all Ireland, devalued or not!! If we win, solan is surely senior manager in waiting

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Blowitupref on August 04, 2018, 04:09:22 PM
Watched back on the two semi finals recently. Full games on TG4 player and youtube if anyone wants to do likewise. Both sides play a very similar attacking brand of football and Kildare especially kick a lot of direct and fast ball into their inside line.

For Mayo both wing half backs and the two big powerful men in midfield is the strength of their team from what i see and almost everything in their forward line  seems to go through or created by a roaming Ryan O'Donoghue. In Ross Egan they have a very good free taker and free taker of that quality is huge asset to have if you want to win AI final.

For Kildare  Jimmy Hyland the clear stand out but i can imagine Mayo will have a plan in place that he doesn't stand out as much in tomorrow's final. Their forward line is full of pace and movement. Aaron Masterson was outstanding in midfield and he really needed to step up when his midfield partner went off at half time and his replacement went off injured soon after with what looked like a dislocated shoulder.

They look well organized side in defence and held a good Kerry side to just 7 scores from play 4 of those scores came in the last 10 mins but discipline in the tackle doesn't seem to be the best as they gave away a lot of frees and in a game they only won by 1 point i think Kerry are probably still wondering if only Fiachra Clifford was more hit than miss on his frees.

From a neutral perspective i would like to see Kildare winning as 53 years is already long enough to wait for AI and after beating Kerry,Dublin on route it will be awful heartbreaking for them if they are to fall at the final hurdle. Mayo have won two AIs recently minor 2013 and U21 2016 and in Michael Solan they have a manager that is looking to lead Mayo to a 2nd AI in 3 years

Hard game to call but i think the game played in Croke park gives Mayo an advantage. Their starting team have loads of players be it club or schools level that have played there already and won All Irelands.  Mayo to win by a point or two i reckon and i wouldn't be surprised if it takes extra time to win.

All the Kildare side would have won Leinster minor titles in Croke Park and played AI semi finals there.
#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Obvious

Kildare much the better team in this U20 final so far and leading by 6 points. Mayo's defence very loose marking.

Captain Obvious

Mayo goal totally against the run of play only a 3 point game now.

mrdeeds

Good game in an empty stadium. Some rate of scoring.

Blowitupref

HT Kildare 1-13 Mayo 1-9. The scoreline doesn't tell the tale of the dominance Kildare had in that 1st half Mayo should be happy to find themselves just 4 points behind.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose