U20 All Ireland series

Started by Farrandeelin, July 04, 2018, 10:07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 09, 2018, 11:54:31 AM
CP has been rumoured for the semis. Triple headers maybe.

I saw somewhere that Derry play Mayo in the hurling too and there would be a double header, what in? Thought both their seasons were over.

Hound

Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 09, 2018, 12:39:24 PM

I saw somewhere that Derry play Mayo in the hurling too and there would be a double header, what in? Thought both their seasons were over.
Derry v Mayo in All Ireland U21B hurling quarter-final this weekend alright. So would definitely make sense to double that up with the U20 football semi. Although you'd wonder if there are any dual players.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Hound on July 09, 2018, 12:54:35 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 09, 2018, 12:39:24 PM

Derry v Mayo in All Ireland U21B hurling quarter-final this weekend alright. So would definitely make sense to double that up with the U20 football semi. Although you'd wonder if there are any dual players.

Hurling game is in Carrick on Shannon. Football will probably be afterwards.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

larryin89

"probably" is not good enough at this stage though
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Cunny Funt

Its a poor mans U21 football championship but FFS the powers to be could have made a better effort than just throwing this competition together. I hope a better effort is made of the competition next year if not its going down the same road as the All Ireland junior championship which i might add had two semi finals on at the weekend and Galway will now play Kerry in the final hands up how many knew those games was on?

Blowitupref

Both on Saturday at the same time.

Kerry v Kildare, Gaelic Grounds, 4pm
Mayo v Derry, Pairc Sean MacDiarmada, 4pm
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

larryin89

"poor man's under 21" why so?

Cunny Funt

Quote from: larryin89 on July 09, 2018, 04:41:30 PM
"poor man's under 21" why so?
Some provincial championships ran of quickly and in the middle of exams. Teams not playing with some of their better players. The lack of interest is alarming as seen with the low attendance at last Fridays Leinster final. I could go on but I'll only upset a few of our residents here that have themselves convinced this new competition is improvement on the last one.

Syferus

No, it's great because Larrin's team won.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on July 09, 2018, 05:05:18 PM

What is your problem lad ? It's great for the lads involved and a very proud day for our parish as we have young cathal Horan playing , the first man from Kilmovee to play under20/21 championship for Mayo.

ballinaman

Quote from: larryin89 on July 09, 2018, 05:26:36 PM

What is your problem lad ? It's great for the lads involved and a very proud day for our parish as we have young cathal Horan playing , the first man from Kilmovee to play under20/21 championship for Mayo.
Kilmovee is a long way from Eastern Gaels which you've listed as your club Larry.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Cunny Funt on July 09, 2018, 03:30:01 PM
Its a poor mans U21 football championship but FFS the powers to be could have made a better effort than just throwing this competition together. I hope a better effort is made of the competition next year if not its going down the same road as the All Ireland junior championship which i might add had two semi finals on at the weekend and Galway will now play Kerry in the final hands up how many knew those games was on?

I have to say the Leinster championship was well done and guaranteed all but one county of 3 games (Louth finished 3rd in a 3 team group and missed out on a 1/4 spot). The only complaint was that it has been a bit too condensed and it would have been nice to have a 2 week break before the AI semi final.

Credit also goes to the Kerry folk who travelled up to Navan for the junior semi too at the weekend. Clifford's older brother is a handy player only a little on the small size.

larryin89

Quote from: ballinaman on July 09, 2018, 06:32:31 PM

Kilmovee is a long way from Eastern Gaels which you've listed as your club Larry.

Well I can reassure you I am from Kilmovee . We used to beat eastern gaels regularly when I was a young buckeen though  , by crikey that was some field they used to have . 

spuds

Quote from: larryin89 on July 09, 2018, 08:10:11 PM

Well I can reassure you I am from Kilmovee . We used to beat eastern gaels regularly when I was a young buckeen though  , by crikey that was some field they used to have .
Reassure some more??
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

joemamas

Quote from: larryin89 on July 09, 2018, 08:10:11 PM

Talk about the kettle.......
I played a national schools game in Kilmovee back in the day , the crossbar was a rope.