2022 Ireland

Consecutive New Zealand home losses:
1937 v South Africa,
1949 v Australia,
1994 v France,
1998 v South Africa/Australia,
2022 v Ireland

Monumental result .

Can ireland maintain this for World Cup ?
That aside , the achievement stands in its own right as historic.

Have no doubt the Irish players and management would swap these two wins against New Zealand for a good World cup whereby they reach the latter stages of it.

bennydorano

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 16, 2022, 03:40:35 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on July 16, 2022, 03:25:33 PM
Quote from: Estimator on July 16, 2022, 02:51:15 PM
Teams to win series in New Zealand:
1937 South Africa
1971 B&I Lions
1986 Australia
1994 France
2022 Ireland

Consecutive New Zealand home losses:
1937 v South Africa,
1949 v Australia,
1994 v France,
1998 v South Africa/Australia,
2022 v Ireland

Monumental result .

Can ireland maintain this for World Cup ?
That aside , the achievement stands in its own right as historic.

Have no doubt the Irish players and management would swap these two wins against New Zealand for a good World cup whereby they reach the latter stages of it.
Now, probably yes, but in 20 or 30 years time this team will likely still be being eulogised & a World Cup semi appearance in 2023 might be a quiz question and nothing more.

Captain Scarlet

That was an awesome display and we genuinely rattled the Kiwis on their home turf. I'd say there will be a massive inquest there now and they will get their shit together come the next WC.

You can 100% admire and appreciate what Ireland did over the past month without going OTT. I think that anyone who doesn't jump on the hype train can be labelled a begrudger but the rugby media and fraternity can be a total pain to the point of taking away the good of following the team.

There was debate over what you would prefer...winning the series of making a WC semi-final and many preferred the series win. You can only play the games ahead of you, but we need to build on this.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Itchy

Quote from: Hound on July 16, 2022, 01:41:21 PM
England just about hold on to beat Australia. Didn't see it all but seemed to be a bit below NZ-Ire standard wise

Have England declared  that win as their greatest since 1966, I hope so the begrudging cnuts

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: Itchy on July 16, 2022, 06:51:35 PM
Quote from: Hound on July 16, 2022, 01:41:21 PM
England just about hold on to beat Australia. Didn't see it all but seemed to be a bit below NZ-Ire standard wise

Have England declared  that win as their greatest since 1966, I hope so the begrudging cnuts

Ewan?! That you?!

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 16, 2022, 06:50:37 PM
That was an awesome display and we genuinely rattled the Kiwis on their home turf. I'd say there will be a massive inquest there now and they will get their shit together come the next WC.

You can 100% admire and appreciate what Ireland did over the past month without going OTT. I think that anyone who doesn't jump on the hype train can be labelled a begrudger but the rugby media and fraternity can be a total pain to the point of taking away the good of following the team.

There was debate over what you would prefer...winning the series of making a WC semi-final and many preferred the series win. You can only play the games ahead of you, but we need to build on this.
Who was having this debate?

pbat

If New Zealand are beat in the two rugby championship games in SA coming up Foster will be out on his ear and Joe Schmidt in.

Captain Scarlet

Brian O'Driscoll on Off The Ball and then a few more on Twitter. A few sports journos were on about it.
I'm in a couple of WhatsApp groups with lads who'd be more into rugby and they all said a series win over WC.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

nrico2006

Surely the world cup trumps a test win.

How many foreigners started today?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 16, 2022, 09:20:50 PM

Are we talking rugby or soccer?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pbat

Lowe, Aki, Gibson-Park, Treadwell, Hanson and Bealham I think, Carberry born in New Zealand but moved here at 7 so wouldn't count him as "foreign"

quit yo jibbajabba

But apart from those 7?!

😃

J70

Not a rugby enthusiast so not very knowledgeable, but have Ireland not been riding high a few times now in the lead up to a World Cup, only to flop completely once the real stuff begins?

RedHand88

Quote from: J70 on July 16, 2022, 10:12:25 PM
Not a rugby enthusiast so not very knowledgeable, but have Ireland not been riding high a few times now in the lead up to a World Cup, only to flop completely once the real stuff begins?

Nail. Head. On it.

RedHand88

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 16, 2022, 09:20:50 PM

9 different nationalities between the 2 teams today.