What did you call that Irish Heavy Metal Band in the 80's

Started by Maroon Heaven, April 25, 2007, 02:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Heaven

Made a video on the back of a lorry, and drove it up and down a run way some where.

Think they were from Kilcock or Leixlip.

bingobus

No Sweat???

Think they headlined a night at the Trip to Tipp?

Maroon Heaven

Armagh4SamAgain

'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Dinny Breen

P*ss off MH, they're Dubs and are not from Kildare. Think Joe Elliot was their manager/producer.
#newbridgeornowhere

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 25, 2007, 02:47:01 PM
P*ss off MH, they're Dubs and are not from Kildare. Think Joe Elliot was their manager/producer.

Well they have some relationship with Kilcock.

I think they might have played a pub there in their prime and stopped the traffic for miles.

screenmachine

on the mention of trip to tipp, does anyone know where to find the song trip to tipp online by more power to your elbow?? looked everywhere and cant find it?
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: 5iveTimes on April 25, 2007, 02:51:05 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 25, 2007, 02:47:01 PM

That explains why the toured with Def Leppard. Not a bad band, there were a lot of good Irish Bands about at the time. Some terrible ones also.

Something Happens
Emotonal Fish
The Cranberries
Four Of US
That Petrol Emotion
The Stunning

bingobus

Whatever happended them and when was the last anyone heard of them?

Are they dear for a wedding?

Maroon Heaven

Quote from: bingobus on April 25, 2007, 02:58:05 PM
Whatever happended them and when was the last anyone heard of them?

Are they dear for a wedding?

I'm sure they are all working in IT at present in some company or other. That video must have cost Elliot a fortune

Dinny Breen

QuoteI think they might have played a pub there in their prime and stopped the traffic for miles.

Actually that was the Derby festival in Kildare Town, they had been number 1 in Ireland for 3 weeks and just entered the UK top 20. They were the headline act the Sunday night and as it was a free gig there was close to 5000 in the square. This was all before the by-pass, the traffic queue went back 6 miles to Monastrevin and about 2 miles towards Newbridge...
#newbridgeornowhere

thejuice

These boys are just about Heavy Metal, more pop rock.

Still a good metal scene in Ireland now, some fine bands on the go. Era Vulgaris, Mael Mordha, The Answer, Million Dollar Reload have released some fine albums of late.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016