Android Phone

Started by tbrick18, September 12, 2011, 09:09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMG1

Changing phone for work, is the iPhone X a good option? I am not paying for it as such so getting a free bat but want to make sure it's decent

gallsman

Quote from: laoislad on December 19, 2018, 10:15:43 PM
Nothing preinstalled on screen from what I can see.Scratches are on the screen alright. I'm always shoving screwdrivers and whatnot into my pocket and forgetting my phone is there.  They aren't bad yet really but it be nice to have a phone longer than 6 months so time for a case, don't like having one on the phone but needs must.

If that's the kind of treatment you're going to be subjecting it do, an otterbox case as suggested by JoG2 definitely worth it.

Taylor

Quote from: PMG1 on December 19, 2018, 11:31:11 PM
Changing phone for work, is the iPhone X a good option? I am not paying for it as such so getting a free bat but want to make sure it's decent

While you will get the usual Apple haters have to say I swear by them.
The only negative is the fecking updates.
Have the IPhone X and it is a great job - would be a no brainer if it is free

gallsman

Have had the OnePlus 6T for a day or now and absolutely love it. The battery life on it is class.

take_yer_points

Any recommendations for an android phone around £150. Father in law is after one, will be used for a bit of browsing, skygo and maybe casting the likes of Netflix and TeaTv/Terrarium, etc...

I've a OnePlus 5T and recommended it but he doesn't want to go to that price range. I saw a OnePlus 5 at £200 which he might go to - anyone had a 5? I'm assuming there isn't much difference in the 5 and the 5T?

Any other recommendations?

armaghniac

Quote from: take_yer_points on August 14, 2019, 08:08:34 PM
Any recommendations for an android phone around £150. Father in law is after one, will be used for a bit of browsing, skygo and maybe casting the likes of Netflix and TeaTv/Terrarium, etc...

I've a OnePlus 5T and recommended it but he doesn't want to go to that price range. I saw a OnePlus 5 at £200 which he might go to - anyone had a 5? I'm assuming there isn't much difference in the 5 and the 5T?

Any other recommendations?

Moto G6 or G7
https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8492964
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

Pocophone F1, secondhand?

Don't buy Motorola, Lenovo are shite for issuing updates.

Solo_run

Quote from: gallsman on December 22, 2018, 09:06:03 AM
Have had the OnePlus 6T for a day or now and absolutely love it. The battery life on it is class.

Can't beat them. The one plus 7 pro is phenomenal

general

Look at the Huaweis. I have a P30. Absolutely the best phone I've ever had. Used apple and Samsung b4

Brick Tamlin

General tell me more...im at a crossroads myself with an upgrade due. Had considered the Huawei P30 but is there not some issue with being able to use google on it or is it not restricted in some way..ive always had samsung and loved the simplicity of it, drag n drop music and photo files etc.
Its either a Samsung Galaxy 10 or the P30....any info welcome.

lurganblue

No issue with Google on it.  There was a bit of a scare going round but Mr Trump and China came to a trade agreement i believe.

Brick Tamlin

so terms of functionality there is no real difference?
I can still easily transfer data files etc?
Couldnt be bothered with any oul hassle with new phone so ive been holding back on getting it

lurganblue

I have a P20 Pro and before that i had an S7.  I didnt find it difficult to change at all.  The Huawei EMUI operating system is maybe slightly different to Samsung so of course that would take a little getting used to.  Camera is great, battery life great etc.  Ive had it now for well over a year and i would have no complaints.  Look out for deals that sometimes accompany the Huawei phones.  I got a set of Bose QC2s with mine and the wife got a decent tablet with her P30.

Do you mean transferring files from PC to phone? That's something I've never had to do so i couldn't comment really.

general

I've a Samsung S10 work phone and a Huwawei P30 for my personal phone - both run android.

The Huwawei however is running so much faster and huge importance to me is battery use - I can have it on all day and have apps running all day where i would normally have them all closed on the samsung.

come 10pm in the evening i may stil have 45% battery. that could be after watching 30 mins news on the phone at lunch time as well.

Transfer can all be done via Google Accounts i believe - i have my whattsapp and photos all backed up on my gmail so it was a matter of signing in and recovering.

https://www.mobiles.co.uk/huawei-p30?filter_upfront_cost=0

https://www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk/brand/huawei?page=2

there are some unbelivable deals available at the minute - huge data allowances. These are for the north of the boarder unfortunately for anyone in the south

gallsman

One thing to note about Huawei is that they are beginning to push their own OS.

If you are interested in a phone but aren't really sure if it's what you want or need, watch the reviews by MKBHD, Unbox Therapy and Dave Lee on YouTube.