season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NP 76

They normally send out the tickets from here on in and you normally dont scan the tickets . It is taken that you have attended the games  because they charge you any way . I think there may be an opt out clause for a game but dont know how it works never used it

Goats Do Shave

I just got a phone call RE my Armagh season ticket. I'm not sure if it is a phising call or not. They were looking my credit card details. I didn't pass them on.

They had a lot of information about me though, it did sound genuine... has anyone else had this call?

NP 76

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on June 13, 2011, 12:17:29 PM
I just got a phone call RE my Armagh season ticket. I'm not sure if it is a phising call or not. They were looking my credit card details. I didn't pass them on.

They had a lot of information about me though, it did sound genuine... has anyone else had this call?
[I got a call on thursday about the Down season tickets looking the card details and my house number and relly just confirmation of a few details . It was genuine enough as the number was saved in my phone as Croke Park . Aunt ,father and 2 mates also got the same call from the same girl

cornafean

Very poor form if any GAA source is cold-calling members for their credit card details. I heard recently that ESB debt collection staff are at the same carry-on.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

PAULD123

Hi could you do me a favour and put up the number that the GAA called on? I'd like to check my missed calls to see if they called me

Smokin Joe

Email today re the Armagh v Derry game where they stated:

Hard copy ticket(s) for the centre of the Gerry Arthurs Stand will be posted out this week.

So hopefully sounds like the seats will be OK.

Shortso79

Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 13, 2011, 08:42:04 PM

Hard copy ticket(s) for the centre of the Gerry Arthurs Stand will be posted out this week.

We'll see on Sunday

Fingers crossed for decent seats

Last time in clones (Armagh v Tyrone - 2009)

I was positioned at the wire - row 1

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Smokin Joe on June 13, 2011, 08:42:04 PM

I got the same email... even though they have contacted me RE. my credit card details (which i have not shared!)

NP 76

Paul the number Croke Park called me on was 0035318717400 a girl called Claire i was talking to

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: NP 76 on June 14, 2011, 09:53:39 AM
Paul the number Croke Park called me on was 0035318717400 a girl called Claire i was talking to

yeah same number. Must be genuine enough.

western exile

Quote from: cornafean on June 13, 2011, 01:15:31 PM

Very poor form if any GAA source is cold-calling members for their credit card details. I heard recently that ESB debt collection staff are at the same carry-on.

Yes it is poor form indeed.  The reason that they are doing this is:
1) they are moving away from Ticketmaster (who are rip off merchants) and  are now using tickets.ie  (which are a small Irish startup company), and
2) they left it too late to do it properly as Round 1 of the qualifiers are almost upon us.

So they decided to hire in temp staff to cold call every season ticket holder and ask them for their credit card details.  They will then type the number into an algorithm on their computer to check that it is not a fake number (but you know that already as it is your credit card!).  They will then print them off on a sheet of paper and send it on to tickets.ie to process.

I am uncomfortable with this whole process as it has so many security risks for the card holder, never mind the data protection issues they are treading on.  I have not  given them my number yet, and I am unsure what to do next   :-\

ONeill

I cannot berate the season ticket office staff any louder than I have. A shower of incompetent numpties. I think they keep our details in a folder in the loft somewhere.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

PAULD123

So I rang the number and they asked for the card details to pay for the tickets. As explained it is because they are changing service provider. However they didn't take my season ticket numbers. So how do they know who the card relates to?

Then the guy says he will pass them on to the Ulster "boys" and I would be contacted if there was any problem.

When will I be told if there is a problem?
- "You'll be called"

How will they know there is a problem and that I should be called
- "They'll just know"

When should I expect my tickets, will they be sent out?
- "You'll be contacted sometime before the match"

Who will contact me?
- "The Ulster boys"

The game is next week, when exactly should I presume there is a problem so that I don't have a problem on the day?
- "I'm sure there won't be a problem "

So there you have it, apparently I am waiting for "The Ulster boys" to arrange my tickets. This was  a bit of a joke conversation I think.

armaghniac

Glad to say that I've got my ticket for Sunday!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

NP 76

Got e mail this morning about the Down v Clare game . It states you have to take your season ticket with you to the game and get it scaned . Your account will be charged 10 euro with no charge for the children . Have to say the info is out in plenty of time for this one