season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2009, 11:50:16 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 03, 2009, 11:47:01 AM
Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2009, 11:14:35 AM
Talking to some people who are season holders, they were more than disappointed with the tickets - but what were they expecting ? Middle of the Gerry Arthur stand ??
Why not? If it worked that way during the league, why not now, when everyone else has jumped on board?

Why should they ?

Why not Pat Mc Grane or the Eastern Stand ?
Well for a start, season ticket holders are charged for the most expensive ticket in the ground, so the Eastern and Pat McGrane are not an option if we pay full whack. (This opens up the bigger question as to whether seats in the GA stand should all be the same price, regardless of how the tickets are allocated - if you're not covered, you're no better off than in the cheaper Pat McGrane stand.) I've already said that i'd be happy with the option to pay less and go to the terrace, but the current system doesn't accommodate this.

But again, you never answered my question - the good seats were available to season ticket holders throughout the league; the people who now have these good seats obviously weren't at the league games. On what basis should they now get priority?

Rois

Quote from: Doohicky on June 03, 2009, 12:08:32 PM
since the fairweather fans have turned up?

You see rrhf this is the kind of comment that has driven my posts.  

I agree wholeheartedly that you have paid for seats in advance and are entitled to them, not in any way disputing "ticketworthiness" despite certain season ticket holders disputing that of "well-to-do" women and children.  But some of the posters on here are commenting as though they are on some sort of level above a regular supporter who is not in possession of one of the limited number of season tickets that sold out in Armagh and Tyrone.  

Weren't season ticket holders given the option of purchasing tickets beside theirs for another person?  Presumably for those who took up the option, the other person wasn't a season ticket holder themselves?  Just some fly by night who only turns up for Tyrone/Armagh games no doubt.

Lets be honest about this, the only advantage to the holder of season tickets is, as Maguire01 said, for the All Ireland final.  Other than that, the advantage is to the GAA, and even for the AIF, you still have to pay the money, so the GAA isn't out of pocket.  I put it that season ticket holders would have known and accepted this situation that HQ are the winners.  Great commercial system on their part.  
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 03, 2009, 12:37:30 PM
the people who now have these good seats obviously weren't at the league games.
Why obviously?  Because they don't have one of the 250 season tickets per county?  Heck of a presumption.

Doohicky

The Season tickets sold out, but in no way was it an overnight sell out. Anyone who wanted one could have got one no problem.

Rois, you contuinue to ignore points we make.

Like, how come, as Season Ticket holders during the League campaign there was no problem in getting adequate seating, but suddenly in BIGGER stadiums we are relegated to the worst seats in the house. If, as you say, it is not because of fairweather fans, then what is the reason?

You also happily ignore our questioning on why we can't have an option to move to the standing section as I would happily do.

The season ticket scheme was marketed as a Reward scheme for fans but it is turning into a detriment instead as we have no choice but to pay top price for our seats and end up amongst, if not in, the worst seats.

How can you continuously miss this point?

Maguire01

Quote from: Rois on June 03, 2009, 01:10:45 PM
I agree wholeheartedly that you have paid for seats in advance and are entitled to them, not in any way disputing "ticketworthiness" despite certain season ticket holders disputing that of "well-to-do" women and children.  But some of the posters on here are commenting as though they are on some sort of level above a regular supporter who is not in possession of one of the limited number of season tickets that sold out in Armagh and Tyrone.  
The season tickets took some time to sell out for Tyrone and Armagh - I didn't actually realise that they did sell out for Armagh, it must have been very late in the day - but they weren't like Willy Wonka's golden tickets. They didn't sell out for Monaghan or Derry and yet the season ticket holders were on the 13m line for that game.

Quote from: Rois on June 03, 2009, 01:10:45 PM
the people who now have these good seats obviously weren't at the league games.
Why obviously?  Because they don't have one of the 250 season tickets per county?  Heck of a presumption.
Not at all - it's on the basis that the stands were never full for any of the league games I was at. It's clear therefore, that these people were not at the league games.

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2009, 11:50:16 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 03, 2009, 11:47:01 AM
Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2009, 11:14:35 AM
Talking to some people who are season holders, they were more than disappointed with the tickets - but what were they expecting ? Middle of the Gerry Arthur stand ??
Why not? If it worked that way during the league, why not now, when everyone else has jumped on board?

Why should they ?

Why not Pat Mc Grane or the Eastern Stand ?
Well for a start, season ticket holders are charged for the most expensive ticket in the ground, so the Eastern and Pat McGrane are not an option if we pay full whack. (This opens up the bigger question as to whether seats in the GA stand should all be the same price, regardless of how the tickets are allocated - if you're not covered, you're no better off than in the cheaper Pat McGrane stand.) I've already said that i'd be happy with the option to pay less and go to the terrace, but the current system doesn't accommodate this.

But again, you never answered my question - the good seats were available to season ticket holders throughout the league; the people who now have these good seats obviously weren't at the league games. On what basis should they now get priority?

Some season ticket holders simply bought season tickets cos they could afford to and are not attached to a club.

The debate about tickets being all the same price is something that has irked me a for a long time and I think we should start a seperate thread for this. In fact I'm just going to do this now.

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2009, 01:41:00 PM
Some season ticket holders simply bought season tickets cos they could afford to and are not attached to a club.

What difference does that make?

orangeman

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 03, 2009, 01:45:31 PM

They can sit in the Eastern stand and let those who are genuinely connected to clubs get a better seat.

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2009, 01:52:01 PM

They can sit in the Eastern stand and let those who are genuinely connected to clubs get a better seat.
Why should you get a better seat if you are "genuinely connected" to a club, even if you're only interested in the county during the summer?

orangeman

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 03, 2009, 01:58:01 PM

Why should you get a better seat if you are "genuinely connected" to a club, even if you're only interested in the county during the summer?

Why should the chairman of the club get the same quality ticket as someone on the club who joins the club for no other reason other than to get a ticket to Clones in June ?.

T Fearon

Very simple, season ticket holders should be guaranteed good quality seats as they contribute more to the GAA than most.

It needs to be emphasised here that season ticket holders were allocated the worst possible seats in the Gerry Arthurs Stand. We were not looking for or expecting the best seats, just seats of reasonable quality with a good view of proceedings.

Doogie Browser

Quote from: T Fearon on June 03, 2009, 02:42:47 PM
Very simple, season ticket holders should be guaranteed good quality seats as they contribute more to the GAA than most.

It needs to be emphasised here that season ticket holders were allocated the worst possible seats in the Gerry Arthurs Stand. We were not looking for or expecting the best seats, just seats of reasonable quality with a good view of proceedings.
Catch a grip Tony.

Bensars

Quote from: T Fearon on June 03, 2009, 02:42:47 PM
Very simple, season ticket holders should be guaranteed good quality seats as they contribute more to the GAA than most.It needs to be emphasised here that season ticket holders were allocated the worst possible seats in the Gerry Arthurs Stand. We were not looking for or expecting the best seats, just seats of reasonable quality with a good view of proceedings.

Not true.  Are you more deserving of than the man sat in the middle who may have been out selling tickets, cutting grass, coaching underage teams ?

And who by the way may have been at ALL the national league games. And has earned to right to be allocated a ticket through his club system.

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on June 03, 2009, 02:07:19 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 03, 2009, 01:58:01 PM

Why should the chairman of the club get the same quality ticket as someone on the club who joins the club for no other reason other than to get a ticket to Clones in June ?.
But we're not talking about people who join their club to get Championship tickets - we're talking about those who have paid for a season ticket and have paid for all the games their county will play during the league and championship.
And no one ever said the club Chairman should stand behind the goals whilst the season ticket holder gets the best seats.

Goldengreen

there is alot of assumptions going on here, I am a season ticket holder, and according to some, I do noting with my club and only bought a ST as I am not connected to a club. Further from the truth it could not be. I am connect to my club and also involved in my club.

Also it appears that if you get ticket for the best seats in Clones you type that spills your guts out for the club week in week out, hey some do, but more often that not I have seen politicians and  business men in these seats, don't often see them out at the club week in week out helping out. Only time I see them out there is this time when they are looking for votes.

T Fearon

Bensars, I could accept your argument if it was genuine Club men and women who get the best seats, but this is not the case, it is the fur coat brigade (mostly, lets face it, club and county board benefactors and their families). I stress yet again, season ticket holders were not looking for the best seats, but they didn't deserve the worst ones either.