season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 23, 2009, 06:59:47 PM
Regarding the reference to reserved seating, i'd rather not have it. I have a season ticket, but some of those i attend the games with don't - i don't want to have to sit in a different area.

Good thing at Navan was that season ticket holders could go to either the terrace or stand - same in Armagh where you can go to the covered terrace or the uncovered seating. It's good to have a choice.

You dont have to go to the reserved seating in Omagh but the choice is there for you.

ccosgrave

I'm rather pleased with how the season tickets have worked so far, even though I didn't really save any money on it. I haven't had any major worries, though I'd say that if I was running late for a game, I might get pretty agitated trying to find the right gate.

donelli

Very satisfied with the season ticket.
has worked out well financially too as i have got good value from it...5 games attended so far which would have cost €75 (15x5).
€75 was the price of the season ticket too, so the next 2 games and the 1st round championship against derry is free!!!

réalt ard mhaca

Just to report back, my season tickets have arrived. besides from the delay,i am pleased with the idea and i hope it gets the go ahead next year. Also, with better advertising i would say there will be more people interested in the scheme next year.

An Fhairche Abu

I think that the season ticket is an idea that the GAA would do well to keep perserving with. I've had no trouble with it at 3 games so far (two in Pearse Stadium, one in Mullingar) and my biggest fear would have been hassle with getting into grounds that had no scanner/list of season ticket holders etc.

It will be interesting to see whether the GAA refine the system for next year or leave it as it is currently.

wobbller

Any reports of how the Down ones are faring in Newry?

T Fearon

Not great. They scraped past Louth and lost to Cavan ;D

under the bar

If each season ticket included a free child place it would be a good idea and many more would be purchased imo. 

western exile

Quote from: wobbller on March 25, 2009, 08:26:26 AM
Any reports of how the Down ones are faring in Newry?
Newry has been good. Of the venues I have used so far, Newry and Thurles both had scanners and roll book.
Limerick had no scanner, but had a roll book to mark off my attendence.
However, Longford were shameful. Not only did they have no facilities, they opening said that they had no intention of complying!

Trevor Hill

Quote from: western exile on March 25, 2009, 12:19:05 PM
Newry has been good. Of the venues I have used so far, Newry and Thurles both had scanners and roll book.

There was a scanner in Newry for the Louth game, there was a list of names were attendance was recorded for the Cavan game.

Maguire01

The season ticket set-up in Portlaoise on Sunday was a disaster. No signage at all. One man with a few sheets of paper and about 10 people around him shouting their name to get marked off, then going up to the gate and flashing your card to get in. Not only was it a mess, but if you had wanted, you could easily have passed your card back out and used it to let a number of people in.

southderryman

healy park has been by far the best set up for the season ticket i've seen, and its not often i complement them tyronies on anything. proper scanner at the entrance and reserved seating, if you so wanted to use it, and if not you could sit with the non ST holders you were with.

I think its a great idea and given its only the first year it will eventually improve and i really hope the GAA would stick with it.

the only things concerning me is that i've been to every game so far and apart from tyrone, im not sure why attendance has been properly recorded.

At ballinascreen i just showed it and walked through, nothing else.

at bellaghy and glen (twice) chris brown was checking names of a sheet but there were maybe 10 people shouting at once and it could have been easily missed.

in parnell park and mayo i dont know what happened cos i let my da use it and paid in as a student  :D

any way of checking if they recorded your attendance, been to 100% of games, and would like to be in a draw for AI final tickets come the end of the year no matter who's in the final.

also, does the season ticket cover you for the league final or do you have to pay extra?

Hound

Quote from: southderryman on April 14, 2009, 02:01:47 PM
also, does the season ticket cover you for the league final or do you have to pay extra?
From the GAA website:

The base price for the Ticket is €75 which fully covers the following for your county:
- 7 Allianz GAA National League 2009 round matches
- Opening match of GAA Championships

This is a season ticket so you will be automatically charged in advance of every subsequent match that your county plays in the Allianz GAA National League (i.e. the League Final) and the GAA Championships whether you attend or not.

There are a variety of routes to the All-Ireland Final in both codes and the prices for each game along the way do differ. The Season Ticket holder will be charged the adult stand ticket price less €5 for all subsequent matches bar the Provincial Final & the All-Ireland Final when the normal full price will apply.

southderryman

Quote from: Hound on April 14, 2009, 02:17:01 PM
Quote from: southderryman on April 14, 2009, 02:01:47 PM
From the GAA website:

The base price for the Ticket is €75 which fully covers the following for your county:
- 7 Allianz GAA National League 2009 round matches
- Opening match of GAA Championships

This is a season ticket so you will be automatically charged in advance of every subsequent match that your county plays in the Allianz GAA National League (i.e. the League Final) and the GAA Championships whether you attend or not.

There are a variety of routes to the All-Ireland Final in both codes and the prices for each game along the way do differ. The Season Ticket holder will be charged the adult stand ticket price less €5 for all subsequent matches bar the Provincial Final & the All-Ireland Final when the normal full price will apply.

well f**k that anyway, i was under the impression that it covered the whole league! what way did it work for division 4 with the extra team? did they have to pay extra for the final match?

lovely little extra payment to be made for a double header. wonder when they'll take the money out for that, student loan doesn't come into april 20th  :D

Archie Mitchell

Probably when tickets go on sale. Not sure if you actually get a ticket though. For the Tyrone V Dublin game in Croker in January, I got a ticket as went in the gate, they have reserved sections 304 and 305 of Lower Cusack for season ticket holders. Could be a different set up for this game though as you have to buy the ticket first. I think they are at a reduced rate too. Also the option of buying other tickets beside you for your mates.