season tickets

Started by réalt ard mhaca, March 05, 2009, 11:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atticus_Finch

I am now facing the ultimate sanction known to any gael ... the season ticket people have been in touch and they have said I may not be allowed to renew my season ticket ... i've been having sleepless nights since i've received the email.

The reason for this - they said they haven't received payment for me for the ulster final ... this is despite me giving them my details on three occasions to obtain payment.

The one silver lining for me when Derry exited the All Ireland qualifiers was not having to deal with this bunch of clowns.

The last game for Derry was against Kildare in the qualifiers.  I was going through the usual rigmarole with the season ticket people and having to ask them where my ticket was for the game - then they contacted me the day before the Kildare game to say they hadn't received payment for the ulster final.  Even though i had received an email a few days earlier to that to say i was over charged for the Ulster final and that they would get the money back to me. 

After giving them my payment details for the third time (you'd have to wonder what the f**k they actually do with your details)  I said to them that i didn't want a ticket for the kildare game through them, that i'd rather source the ticket myself and pay the extra 5 euros or whatever it was than be messed about by them once again.

Just out of curiosity are many of you lads who got season tickets last year going to renew them ?
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

AFS

Interesting that, while the majority of admission fees are frozen or being reduced, they have decided to up the price of the season ticket by a tenner.

Atticus_Finch

That's the icing on the cake for me AFS ! I'm not going near it (not that i was ever considering it)

They should be giving everyone who had a season ticket last year a tenner discount !
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience."

Goats Do Shave

I got an email from "markw@aptvision.com" last week.

subject title: "You have just renewed your season tickets."

Your new ticket will be sent to the accout owner's address.

Thank you

donelli

I have yet to receive any email re season tickets from croke park yet. I had 3 in my name last year and most likely will renew it again this year.
Have other current holders received emails yet??

NP 76

Not as yet Donelli but is that really a surprise . The service last year was a joke . Was talking to a man at the Burren game on Sunday who recieved an e mail on Friday looking payment for all of Downs games last year as they had forgotten to charge him . I had six in my name last year and it was hard work to get the seats together , get good seats , get in contact with the season ticket office , and even harder to pay for them as they rang 6 times concerning my card details . I would still take them next year because the simple fact is it saves you begging for tickets and trying to get the children sitting beside you

armaghniac

Don't worry they have your details in a file, in a filing cabinet!

The organisation of the scheme has not been the best, the inability to take a friend or sit beside someone is unreasonable. Some sort of website should allow people do this.

Mind you, rumour has it that the St Patrick's day club finals will be thrown in this year, which might be handy!
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Croí na hÉireann

Got an email recently saying that I hadn't been charged for the qualifier game last summer and sure enough I hadn't due to my laser card being out of date. Paid the balance yesterday and apparently the emails giving the opportunity to renew will be sent out late this week or early next week.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Fear ón Srath Bán

An email has just been sent out (16:46) with season ticket renewal details.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rossfan

Just renewed while I can still afford it . Fcukin € 3.00 postage charge   >:(
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

NP 76

Just renewed the season tickets again hope it is better run this year compared to the past year

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: NP 76 on December 05, 2011, 11:56:06 PM
Just renewed the season tickets again hope it is better run this year compared to the past year

The new web site is an improvement. By the looks of the tabs at the top - some of our reservations seem to have been looked at. We'll see.

NP 76

Hope it is Goats because it is a good system and saves both money and hassel in the long run

armaghniac

QuoteThe new web site is an improvement

Perhaps. I tried renewing. I initially typed in a dud Laser card number, when  added a card with the correct number and tried to buy the ticket the website just went into space. Not very impressive.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tyronefan

Having a problem with it as well. I have 2 cards on my account, one for myself and a juvenile card for the young one. When I tick both boxes it will only let me renew the juvenile card and not my own. If I only tick the box for my card it shows the €3 fee and nothing for the card.
Sent an email, waiting for an answer