UK General Election 2017

Started by Eamonnca1, April 18, 2017, 07:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avondhu star

Quote from: GJL on June 05, 2017, 03:42:57 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 05, 2017, 11:37:38 AM
It seems that one of these knifers lived in Ireland for a while, so not only the UK budget cuts might get at fault.

That's convenient for a Hard Border argument. Or maybe even a case to argue for controls to be at Belfast ports instead of partition border. All this type of information is released for a reason.

Airport and Seaport are the best points for security. Landborders can never be secured. Increased monitoring of passenger lists, soft intelligence targeting sympathisers and early round up of any names coming to the notice of the intelligence agencies. Needless to say we will have the usual shitehawks talking about civil liberties. There is a price to be paid for security
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Applesisapples

Quote from: Avondhu star on June 05, 2017, 03:59:52 PM
It seems that one of these knifers lived in Ireland for a while, so not only the UK budget cuts might get at fault.

That's convenient for a Hard Border argument. Or maybe even a case to argue for controls to be at Belfast ports instead of partition border. All this type of information is released for a reason.

Airport and Seaport are the best points for security. Landborders can never be secured. Increased monitoring of passenger lists, soft intelligence targeting sympathisers and early round up of any names coming to the notice of the intelligence agencies. Needless to say we will have the usual shitehawks talking about civil liberties. There is a price to be paid for security
The border in Ireland will be at the airports and ports north and south.

seafoid

Quote from: yellowcard on June 05, 2017, 03:56:08 PM
When is May going to stand up for herself show some leadership and call out Trump for what he is instead of bending over for him. He's now had a pop at the mayor of London but May seems afraid to upset the big buffoon.
Fox hasn't signed any trade deals and May wants a hard Brexit.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyCake

+1

Avondhu star

Quote from: BennyCake on June 05, 2017, 07:15:23 PM

+1

Next you will tell us it is a Zionists conspiracy or that the Manchester bombers uncle was Lee Harvey Oswald
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

BennyCake

Quote from: Avondhu star on June 05, 2017, 07:22:44 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on June 05, 2017, 07:15:23 PM

+1

Next you will tell us it is a Zionists conspiracy or that the Manchester bombers uncle was Lee Harvey Oswald

You got all that from a "+1"?

Owen Brannigan

Evidence of Corbyn being told what to say by the puppet master, Seumas Milne.  The video below was recorded on a train as Corbyn and Milne discussed matters at too high a volume and provided to Mail on Sunday.

https://youtu.be/FZxNFI9D5wI

In the video, Labour's strategy chief, Milne, says:

"We need to find, I think overnight, without looking defensive of trying to seal down the Trident thing so it doesn't keep intruding in the next few days... It might be worth thinking in the morning how when you do this thing in Lincoln... then maybe do a clip later where you will be asked about it.  We should maybe find a formula to close it down... We just, I think we just need a form of words."

So when it came to responding to the London Bridge attack, Corbyn used "form of words":

"I will take whatever action is necessary and effective to protect the security of our people and our country. That includes full authority for the police to use whatever force is necessary to protect and save life as they did last night, as they did in Westminster in March."

So much for Corbyn being a man of principle, when the test came, he used Seumas Milne's "formula" to do whatever it takes to fool the voters.

Owen Brannigan

Financial Times poll of polls:

Owen Brannigan

The word was that Abbott was banned from media interviews but they let Murnaghan interview her........

http://news.sky.com/video/diane-abbott-tries-to-talk-about-counter-terror-review-10905600

bennydorano

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 05, 2017, 09:41:19 PM
Evidence of Corbyn being told what to say by the puppet master, Seumas Milne.  The video below was recorded on a train as Corbyn and Milne discussed matters at too high a volume and provided to Mail on Sunday.

"We need to find, I think overnight, without looking defensive of trying to seal down the Trident thing so it doesn't keep intruding in the next few days... It might be worth thinking in the morning how when you do this thing in Lincoln... then maybe do a clip later where you will be asked about it.  We should maybe find a formula to close it down... We just, I think we just need a form of words."

So when it came to responding to the London Bridge attack, Corbyn used "form of words":

"I will take whatever action is necessary and effective to protect the security of our people and our country. That includes full authority for the police to use whatever force is necessary to protect and save life as they did last night, as they did in Westminster in March."

So much for Corbyn being a man of principle, when the test came, he used Seumas Milne's "formula" to do whatever it takes to fool the voters.
Wow, politicians being unscrupulous.

seafoid

One of May''s weak points. So they went for it.
The whole jihad thing is very bad for her.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: bennydorano on June 05, 2017, 10:24:33 PM

Wow, politicians being unscrupulous.

No surprise to most of us except for those who think Corbyn is above all this carry on.

sid waddell

Is this supposed to be "damning", or something?

Because it's really terribly boring.

yellowcard

It's scraping the barrel to attack the man on this.

Leaving aside policies, Corbyn  has come across as someone who is quite easy to engage with on a human level and is much more likeable than Theresa May. May has had a very poor campaign and comes across as aloof, wishy washy and lacks any real leadership. That despite receiving the backing and assistance of several media outlets acting purely in self interest.