Another Bertie Lie Exposed?

Started by Leo, January 30, 2008, 04:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leo

After all the huffing and puffing from Bertie and FF about his tax position, and claiming that Revenue cant settle with him until Mahon is finished with him, he has had to concede to Eamon Gilmore in the Dail today that this is NOT the case and the certifictae he requires can issue as soon as he himself satisfies the Revenue abot all these thousands fushing about  his and other people's accounts, regardless of Mahon.

Could some analyst do a clear tot up of this man''s mind-boggling somersaults, contradictions  distortions of the truth?

Fanciful, farcical, fictitious.
Just how low is the integrity of politics in this country going to have to be dragged by this man before some senior FF Pr or Green person takes a principled and moral stand? On second thoughts leave FF out of that last question as we cant expect the impossible.
Fierce tame altogether

feetofflames

Sure If you want political change come to the North,
or
"if yer happy with yer apathy clap yer hands."
Chief Wiggum

magpie seanie

I thought this thread was about Man City. Sorry.

An Fear Rua

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 30, 2008, 05:12:32 PM

Blue Balloon You Started Floating To Soon,
12 Minutes In From The Start,
The Ball Was Gone Past Joe Hart,
Blue Balloon

or

99 blue balloons
Floating on a football pitch
Cross comes in, poor Michael Ball
Cannot see
A white football
From 32 to 33
Could only happen, to City
Bertie Magoo starts to cry,
As 33 trophyless years go by
Its Grim up North

magpie seanie

Appreciate those AFR. Gave me a good laugh.

Leo

Quote from: hardstation on January 30, 2008, 05:27:58 PM
Quote from: An Fear Rua on January 30, 2008, 05:25:27 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on January 30, 2008, 05:12:32 PM

Blue Balloon You Started Floating To Soon,
12 Minutes In From The Start,
The Ball Was Gone Past Joe Hart,
Blue Balloon

or

99 blue balloons
Floating on a football pitch
Cross comes in, poor Michael Ball
Cannot see
A white football
From 32 to 33
Could only happen, to City
Bertie Magoo starts to cry,
As 33 trophyless years go by

:D Very good.

Gave me a real good laugh but  not as much as O Cuiv on TV3 tonight. Wiped out by the Corkonian.
Thought I was on tha ball this evening with the Bertie tax  lie but immediately overtaken by the (unfortunately totally credible) Bertie passport scheme. Massive. Is this Africa?
Now there is a laugh(probably).
Fierce tame altogether

Zapatista

Quote from: Leo on January 30, 2008, 04:55:05 PM

Could some analyst do a clear tot up of this man''s mind-boggling somersaults, contradictions  distortions of the truth?

His climb down yesterday was "mind-boggling somersaults, contradictions  distortions of the truth" and really made no sence. It wasn't even a sentence.
His answers are amazing. Just like the time he repeated 3 times he wasn't saying what he was saying and finished by saying he wasn't saying that.

Zapatista

Taken From - The Irish Daily Star-

Mr Ahern's original statement was dubbed the latest example of Bertiespeak - his habit of saying things that make little or no sense.

- What Bertie actually said: "If I said so, I wasn't correct, I... I can't recall if I... I did say it, but I did not say, or if I did say it, It, I... I didn't mean to say it, that these issues could not be dealt with until the end of the Mahon Tribunal, that is not what Revenue said."

What the official record said Bertie said (according to RTE): "If I am on the record as saying that, I should not have said it, Revenue never said that which is the point I am making, it said that matters were under way."
End

Can someone please explain WTF is going on? What is Bertie trying to tell us and why did RTE change the quote?

Hardy

RTÉ didn't change the quote - that's how the people who write up the Dáil record translated what Bertie said. I never realised they interpreted and paraphrased like this before, but I presume they only have to do that for Bertie to make the record somewhat readable. I'm just wondering how they got that from what he said.

Zapatista

It's also scary to think this guy travels the world to negotiate better deals for Ireland :o

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Zapatista on February 02, 2008, 10:26:19 AM
It's also scary to think this guy travels the world to negotiate better deals for Ireland :o

True Zapatista but he is well respected in Europe  :o :o isn't he lined up for some high powered job in Europe when he squirms out of government  sorry i meant to say finishes this term
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Zapatista

Probably. It might suit some Nations to have a dithering idiot in a high powered job in Europe.