Bank question

Started by Clown, June 16, 2009, 05:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clown

I wrote a cheque to a company that banked it today (it has just shown up in my internet banking in the last half hour)
i won't get to lodge the required funds to cover the cheque until tomoro lunch time, will the bank have bounced it by then?

longball

U should have post dated the cheque- gave them the cheque but put Fridays date on it. Im not that sure if the cheque will bounce thought it took 3 days for a cheque to clear!
Banks suck at the minute anyway i forgot to sign two cheques recently and they stil went tru just shows u.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

tyrone girl

If the company only banked it today it shouldnt show up on ur internet banking until the funds are being taken out. I know if i write and cheque and the company puts it in bank on say the thursday , the funds dont come out and it doesnt show up on my banking until prob the monday or tuesday of the next wk. And if i dont have funds the bank usually pay mine out anyway if it isnt large amount and dont charge u as long as u have the cash in to cover it by 4 30 that day

thebigfella

Yep probably, which banks is transaction between?

Even if you post dated the cheque, they can still cash it. Most banks will act on instruction if they recieve a post dated cheque and as the clearing systems do not take the date into consideration, the money is still withdrawn. Your terms and conditions of your current account "probably" forbids the post dating of cheques, specifically for this reason among others.

The Gs Man

If they're in the same bank as you it will clear straight away....or show up as red straight away as the case may be.
Keep 'er lit