Started by trailer, September 09, 2022, 09:24:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will you be watching the Coronation of King Charles III

Yes
No
Who is King Charles?
What about Diana the People's Princess?

Brendan

Being in and out of many loyalist estates for my work I see some of the poverty they experience, the same as nationalists areas of course, but yesterday seen a house all decorated for the coronation, flegs with Charlie on them and bunting etc but they had left a placard in the window asking for fair pay for nurses...

armaghniac

Quote from: general_lee on May 05, 2023, 09:34:46 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 04, 2023, 08:17:09 PM
What sort of small minded mentality must they have to worship billionaires who look down on them from priceless golden thrones while people are starving on the streets? I'll honestly never get it.
I understand it in a local context in that bootlicking the royals is part of their cultural identity and they're that insecure and stupid when it comes to identity that they don't even question it - what could be more British than loving the royal family? Never mind having a pot to piss in or not. It is still  warped and i find it genuinely sad how many people from working class backgrounds succumb to this shit.

People in the US voted for Trump, people watch the Kardashians etc on TV. Look at all the people lick arsing Trump in Doonbeg.
If there was no Coronation the cost distributed across all of the poor people in the UK would hardly buy a drink for each one.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Yeah I would agree with that. I couldn't give a shite about the coronation but it's not the royals putting so many people into the UK into poverty - it's the tory party. If the coronation wasn't happening it's not like the money would be spent on poorer people.  It's great to see them decimated at those council elections but I still don't get why anyone would vote for them.

GJL

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 04, 2023, 02:17:45 PM
Quote from: GJL on May 04, 2023, 02:00:46 PM
RTE showing it live!  Maybe I should post this in the WTF section?

Why though?  It's a moment in history that will have many people on this island glued,  the same as the Queens funeral. Whether we like it or not a large portion of people in Ireland are heavily influenced by and interested in what happens across the water. You don't have to agree with it not to be interested in it.

Four hours of dedicated coverage? Really?

Give your head a wobble. If people want to see it there are plenty of other channels showing it.

Piskin

What sort of small minded mentality must they have to worship billionaires who look down on them from priceless golden thrones while people are starving on the streets? I'll honestly never get it.

It boggles the mind alright.

downtothecore

The reality is that the support for the monarchy is dwindling at a very fast rate in England so it has to be a matter of time until these folks start to catch themselves on and direct more of their finances at projects that support the mainly diverse population and culture of their land.

laoislad

Quote from: Piskin on May 06, 2023, 02:29:59 AM

Nearly as bad as there being a 21 page thread about them on the gaaboard...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on May 06, 2023, 08:50:56 AM

The people of Laois still mourning their Queen?

Nanderson

Some amount of horse shit left on the mall

AustinPowers

Quote from: Nanderson on May 06, 2023, 10:29:59 AM
Some amount of horse shit left on the mall

I'd say  all those  horses are making  some mess too!

trailer

See Michelle O'Neill on the TV there the big sellout. What a stoop!

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: laoislad on May 06, 2023, 08:50:56 AM

not surprised at all, most of this board seem to be watching it too  ::)

anportmorforjfc

Why is the whole coronation being shown on RTE? I don't get it, would it have a channel dedicated in France or Spain? Or maybe I'm completely off on this  :o

dec

In the US

ABC CBS NBC Fox CNN MSNBC and Fox News are all showing it

RedHand88

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on May 06, 2023, 11:38:46 AM
Why is the whole coronation being shown on RTE? I don't get it, would it have a channel dedicated in France or Spain? Or maybe I'm completely off on this  :o

Women love it. The fashion, the pageantry, the drama of the prodigal son and all that stuff. I'm working in Meath today with a girl who's gutted she's missing it.
I'd say RTEs viewing figures will be big.