Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Was at the game and watched it back there, feck McQuillan had a brutal day. Majority of big decisions wrong and gave some ridiculously soft frees at the end, Frank Burns deadly shoulder being the worst.

Very happy overall and can't pick any player who was off form. Lots of headaches for management in the Monaghan game but a great place to be. Lastly, McKenna has to play out the field from now on, he speed was savage there.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: bogball88 on July 18, 2021, 11:38:43 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 18, 2021, 11:34:50 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on July 18, 2021, 11:12:46 PM
Any chance Ulster Final being in Croke park?

Yes, every chance, apparently, @1600 on August 1st.
Leinster final that day? Maybe they will change that to southern bank holiday Monday hurling finals scheduled for Saturday in Croke Park

Dublin vs Kildare at 13:30, & Monaghan vs Tyrone at 1600, on Sunday 1st August -- doable.

Check: https://www.gaa.ie/fixtures-results/
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Under Lights

Both midfielders done well yesterday but both were gassed at the time of being replaced.
Being subbed off when your race is ran is no bad thing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 19, 2021, 12:15:59 AM
Quote from: bogball88 on July 18, 2021, 11:38:43 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 18, 2021, 11:34:50 PM
Quote from: bogball88 on July 18, 2021, 11:12:46 PM
Any chance Ulster Final being in Croke park?

Yes, every chance, apparently, @1600 on August 1st.
Leinster final that day? Maybe they will change that to southern bank holiday Monday hurling finals scheduled for Saturday in Croke Park

Dublin vs Kildare at 13:30, & Monaghan vs Tyrone at 1600, on Sunday 1st August -- doable.

Check: https://www.gaa.ie/fixtures-results/

Though with crowd restrictions they may not be able to do a double-header, so perhaps will move Dublin-Kildare to Monday 2nd (public holiday down south).
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

AnGaelGearmanach

Quote from: Under Lights on July 19, 2021, 06:31:26 AM
Both midfielders done well yesterday but both were gassed at the time of being replaced.

Agreed. Tyrone still missing a solid midfield player to come on and solidify the midfield off the bench. A Decky McClure type of player who can attack and defend and is reliable on the ball

TwoUpTwoDown

Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 19, 2021, 10:51:57 AM

Agreed. Tyrone still missing a solid midfield player to come on and solidify the midfield off the bench. A Decky McClure type of player who can attack and defend and is reliable on the ball

Tyrone are missing many things, but don't think Decky McClure is one of them. Very solid club player but hasn't delivered at county level.

AnGaelGearmanach

Quote from: TwoUpTwoDown on July 19, 2021, 10:55:32 AM

Tyrone are missing many things, but don't think Decky McClure is one of them. Very solid club player but hasn't delivered at county level.

Had a good run with them a while back and managing to squeeze into a starting place in midfield in the very competitive Tyrone squad at the minute. However, I would agree he isnt everybodys cup of tea.

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 19, 2021, 11:26:25 AM

Had a good run with them a while back and managing to squeeze into a starting place in midfield in the very competitive Tyrone squad at the minute. However, I would agree he isnt everybodys cup of tea.

What are you talking about? When did Decky McClure have a good run with Tyrone? No idea what you mean about him managing to squeeze into a starting place.

AnGaelGearmanach

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on July 19, 2021, 02:32:00 PM

What are you talking about? When did Decky McClure have a good run with Tyrone? No idea what you mean about him managing to squeeze into a starting place.

https://www.gaa.ie/football/football-league-roinn-1/armagh-tyrone/1949703/

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 19, 2021, 02:38:23 PM

Yes the game where he was subbed off before half time and then left the panel a few days later

AnGaelGearmanach

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on July 19, 2021, 03:03:04 PM
Quote from: AnGaelGearmanach on July 19, 2021, 02:38:23 PM

Yes the game where he was subbed off before half time and then left the panel a few days later

Not the point I was making - on the day he didn't show up but he obviously was good enough to warrant a start in such a competitive Tyrone side. He was also used heavily by Mickey Harte in their 2018 campaign were they reached the AI Final

Under Lights

Only thing that would worry me is that Donegal got joy from men carrying the ball from midfield and beyond straight through the heart of our defence, midfielders, CHB and sweeper not putting a hand on them.
Monaghan have two electric WHB and Darren Hughes that could exploit this.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Under Lights on July 19, 2021, 03:13:23 PM
Only thing that would worry me is that Donegal got joy from men carrying the ball from midfield and beyond straight through the heart of our defence, midfielders, CHB and sweeper not putting a hand on them.

I'd like to think McGeary and especially Meyler would do a job putting the shackles on those lads. But I agree once the opposition get a run on us we do look vulnerable to goals and black/yellow/red cards
- I don't know what's what with these anymore.
That was never a square ball!!

AnGaelGearmanach

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 19, 2021, 03:19:25 PM

I'd like to think McGeary and especially Meyler would do a job putting the shackles on those lads. But I agree once the opposition get a run on us we do look vulnerable to goals and black/yellow/red cards

Did all these pomeroy men give up drugs recently or what? Bound to catch up to them in the later stages of the championsip

NotedObserver

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 19, 2021, 03:19:25 PM

McKenna a serious option but will he get a place?