Quote from: Localexpert on August 05, 2019, 08:00:07 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 05, 2019, 07:17:58 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on August 05, 2019, 01:38:36 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 05, 2019, 12:19:55 PM
Quote from: The Golden Years on August 05, 2019, 10:44:53 AM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on August 05, 2019, 09:59:01 AM
Quote from: Localexpert on August 02, 2019, 04:15:44 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on August 02, 2019, 03:48:58 PM
I could see Benny Gallen starting tomorrow for sure. Maybe give Aidy McCrory a final run out as well.

There is absolutely not doubt aidan McCrory will play tomorrow and unless he retires he'll still be there next year as well!

I hate the way a loyal servant like McRory gets such a hard time on here. I wouldn't start him but he's a good man to have about the panel. If all the players had his attitude we'd be a lot better of and wouldn't have boys walking off panels mid season.

He didn't look out of his depth yesterday and did fairly well. Worked hard got forward to set up scoring chances on a few occasions and still got back and stuck in at the back.

The man is dirt.  Shouldnt be there.  Plenty of better players around the county never got the chances that man got.

There's been worse players on the panel than McCrory over the past few years.

There's also many better players who didn't get a look in because they didn't share a similar postcode to der fuhrer. 

Like who?

anyone that can run at speed and solo the ball at the same time are instantly better footballers!

There were plenty of players who could run at speed and solo the ball better than Mickey McGee, if you ever played the game you might know that defenders are there to defend first and foremost.

I bow to your superior knowledge.  Since you are such an expert could you explain how he has played so many times for tyrone and stephen mcnally was overlooked? Which one of the two do you think is better?

I think McNally is certainly worth a go but there are other defenders in the Tyrone panel that I think he may be worth a shot over other than McCrory, one of them is McNally's own team mate. He has played so many times as he has been dependable and one of our better players, we've had guys like Ryan McKenna, Ciaran McGinley, Dermy Carlin, Barry Tierney, PJ Quinn and a few others who regularly got time for Tyrone when McCrory has been in the squad. In that time McCrory established himself as one of Tyrone's best defenders which may have said it all about the state of football in Tyrone in that time. We've blooded some new players since then and McCrory has fallen down the pecking order.

That time has come and gone unfortunately as mcnally is in his 30s now.  If his club jersey had have had a bit more yellow and more white than blue he would have got the same chances aidan McCrory got. 

I'd hazard a guess there aren't many posters on this forum would take aidan McCrory over mackers to play for their club team in their upcoming championship campaigns.

Was there not an element of this man not taking the chances that he did get? Did he not get an awful roasting at an internal game? Which of course could happen to anyone but then went to Oz a week later or something - does that sound slightly familiar?

I hear this about McNally a lot, good player....great engine. But you seem to compare him to McCrory - is he not competing for a wing back berth as opposed to a corner back / utility back. It's not really a like for like - pretty much pick on the weakest player you can think of argument.

Localexpert

Quote from: Angelo on August 05, 2019, 10:55:38 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on August 05, 2019, 09:34:03 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 05, 2019, 09:16:14 PM
Quote from: Localexpert on August 05, 2019, 09:06:10 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 05, 2019, 08:56:43 PM
I could see Benny Gallen starting tomorrow for sure. Maybe give Aidy McCrory a final run out as well.

There is absolutely not doubt aidan McCrory will play tomorrow and unless he retires he'll still be there next year as well!

I hate the way a loyal servant like McRory gets such a hard time on here. I wouldn't start him but he's a good man to have about the panel. If all the players had his attitude we'd be a lot better of and wouldn't have boys walking off panels mid season.

He didn't look out of his depth yesterday and did fairly well. Worked hard got forward to set up scoring chances on a few occasions and still got back and stuck in at the back.

The man is dirt.  Shouldnt be there.  Plenty of better players around the county never got the chances that man got.

There's also many better players who didn't get a look in because they didn't share a similar postcode to der fuhrer. 

Like who?

anyone that can run at speed and solo the ball at the same time are instantly better footballers!

There were plenty of players who could run at speed and solo the ball better than Mickey McGee, if you ever played the game you might know that defenders are there to defend first and foremost.

I bow to your superior knowledge.  Since you are such an expert could you explain how he has played so many times for tyrone and stephen mcnally was overlooked? Which one of the two do you think is better?

I think McNally is certainly worth a go but there are other defenders in the Tyrone panel that I think he may be worth a shot over other than McCrory, one of them is McNally's own team mate. He has played so many times as he has been dependable and one of our better players, we've had guys like Ryan McKenna, Ciaran McGinley, Dermy Carlin, Barry Tierney, PJ Quinn and a few others who regularly got time for Tyrone when McCrory has been in the squad. In that time McCrory established himself as one of Tyrone's best defenders which may have said it all about the state of football in Tyrone in that time. We've blooded some new players since then and McCrory has fallen down the pecking order.

That time has come and gone unfortunately as mcnally is in his 30s now.  If his club jersey had have had a bit more yellow and more white than blue he would have got the same chances aidan McCrory got. 

I'd hazard a guess there aren't many posters on this forum would take aidan McCrory over mackers to play for their club team in their upcoming championship campaigns.

There were worse players than McCrory getting picked in those years. It's a bit sad using McCrory to criticse Harte because he didn't pick one of your clubmen.

My opinion is McCrory got a hell of alot of chances because of his club something that I feel is being mirrored with another ballygawley player who has been calamitous at times this year.  You asked me for an example so I gave you the player i see most.

Localexpert

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on August 06, 2019, 09:38:38 AM

Like who?

Was there not an element of this man not taking the chances that he did get? Did he not get an awful roasting at an internal game? Which of course could happen to anyone but then went to Oz a week later or something - does that sound slightly familiar?

I hear this about McNally a lot, good player....great engine. But you seem to compare him to McCrory - is he not competing for a wing back berth as opposed to a corner back / utility back. It's not really a like for like - pretty much pick on the weakest player you can think of argument.

Did Darren McCurry not apparently give connor gormley an awful roasting in an in house game? Did that mean connor gormley wasn't good enough?

If you think that a club forward player would rather see stephen mcnally coming to man mark them than aidan mccrory then I think you are deluded!

Angelo

Quote from: Localexpert on August 06, 2019, 10:38:19 AM

Like who?

There were worse players than McCrory getting picked in those years. It's a bit sad using McCrory to criticse Harte because he didn't pick one of your clubmen.

My opinion is McCrory got a hell of alot of chances because of his club something that I feel is being mirrored with another ballygawley player who has been calamitous at times this year.  You asked me for an example so I gave you the player i see most.

One of your club men has got plenty of chances this year despite the fact he has had a number of very poor outings. I don't hear you cribbing about that though. I think McKernan should be further down the pecking order than he is at present.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Localexpert

Quote from: Angelo on August 06, 2019, 10:47:38 AM

Like who?

One of your club men has got plenty of chances this year despite the fact he has had a number of very poor outings. I don't hear you cribbing about that though. I think McKernan should be further down the pecking order than he is at present.

You're entitled to your opinion but he wasnt part of the conversion. However since you mentioned him... young player of the year  nomination and club all star last year would make me believe there aren't many better options in Tyrone.

I'll let you argue different....

Angelo

Quote from: Localexpert on August 06, 2019, 11:16:41 AM

Like who?

You're entitled to your opinion but he wasnt part of the conversion. However since you mentioned him... young player of the year  nomination and club all star last year would make me believe there aren't many better options in Tyrone.

It's everything thing to do with. You're arguing McCrory is getting game time without any merit. He started a dead rubber yesterday and it was his first Championship start in 2 years. McKernan's form has been poor this year, he has plenty of potential but I think he's lucky to have kept his place ahead of others.

nrico2006

Like who?

What other Ballygawley player are you on about?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

WT4E

Have never been a big fan of McCrorys but I think people on here should get off his back - he would probably give the lads posting on here a right good roasting when they where at there peak.

I thought Mackers was on the panel at a stage and he quit? Maybe Im wrong on that

Localexpert

Quote from: Angelo on August 06, 2019, 11:20:34 AM

Like who?

It's everything thing to do with. You're arguing McCrory is getting game time without any merit. He started a dead rubber yesterday and it was his first Championship start in 2 years. McKernan's form has been poor this year, he has plenty of potential but I think he's lucky to have kept his place ahead of others.

Aidan snr you need to calm down you can't even finish your sentences.  Everything to do with what?

I didn't say he didn't get there from merit..... I'm sure he never misses training, is always on time,  is really really fit, salutes der fuhrer and only drinks blackcurrant and water after a big win.   My arguement was he isn't good enough!

Regards mckernan  please see my previous post RE: your opinion etc etc.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: WT4E on August 06, 2019, 11:35:54 AM
Have never been a big fan of McCrorys but I think people on here should get off his back - he would probably give the lads posting on here a right good roasting when they where at there peak.

I thought Mackers was on the panel at a stage and he quit? Maybe Im wrong on that

He left twice I believe. Look he's a great player, but I think this blame game is wrong. It sounds to me like he had a few chances at Tyrone and didn't fancy the fight to be honest.

Angelo

Quote from: Localexpert on August 06, 2019, 11:47:10 AM

Like who?

Aidan snr you need to calm down you can't even finish your sentences.  Everything to do with what?

I didn't say he didn't get there from merit..... I'm sure he never misses training, is always on time,  is really really fit, salutes der fuhrer and only drinks blackcurrant and water after a big win.   My arguement was he isn't good enough!

You're very reticent to dish out the same criticism to your fellow club man as you are to other players. McCrory has started one Championship game for Tyrone in two years and it was a dead rubber game where a second string 15 started. What is your agenda here, Stephen?

Moonshine

Angelo it's pretty clear the local expert has been spending too much time with the dinosaur o Hagan brainwashed.

Local expert your right mc kernan did have a good year last year young player of year nominee and a club all star (club all star lmao pile of pish)

Fact is hes been poor this year. Lucky to have as much game time as he is getting. I'm just hoping hes not playing next week as Clifford will run him ragged.

Localexpert

Quote from: Angelo on August 06, 2019, 11:52:51 AM
Quote from: Localexpert on August 06, 2019, 11:47:10 AM

Like who?

You're very reticent to dish out the same criticism to your fellow club man as you are to other players. McCrory has started one Championship game for Tyrone in two years and it was a dead rubber game where a second string 15 started. What is your agenda here, Stephen?

I didn't give an opinion on mckernan because it wasn't part of the discussion but if you want it here goes

As good as last year - no
Better than aidan McCrory- definitely so by your argument for aidan McCrorys squad inclusion mckernan must be in the top 6/7 defenders in tyrone no?

Localexpert

Quote from: Moonshine on August 06, 2019, 02:22:24 PM
Angelo it's pretty clear the local expert has been spending too much time with the dinosaur o Hagan brainwashed.

Local expert your right mc kernan did have a good year last year young player of year nominee and a club all star (club all star lmao pile of pish)

Fact is hes been poor this year. Lucky to have as much game time as he is getting. I'm just hoping hes not playing next week as Clifford will run him ragged.

Club all star complete pile of piss but was indicative of how good he was in the club championship don't you think?

Who wouldn't Clifford run ragged?