Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

I won't name him. I know his brother and he would be mortified at the rubbish he posts.
Anyway onto sat night and massive game ahead. Be interestingly to see how we line out. Who will pick up Murphy. Mcnamee maybe

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on February 26, 2018, 11:09:27 PM
I won't name him. I know his brother and he would be mortified at the rubbish he posts.
Anyway onto sat night and massive game ahead. Be interestingly to see how we line out. Who will pick up Murphy. Mcnamee maybe
Redzone you think you inspector Morse. You know feck all about who is who and you know even less about football. Sad life you have trying to figure out who people are on an anonymous message board.

redzone

redzone

Still holding a little grudge dinky because I made you out for the clueless liitle clown you are.

In hiding

Quote from: redzone on February 26, 2018, 11:36:36 PM
Still holding a little grudge dinky because I made you out for the clueless liitle clown you are.

Aye whatever you think. Why are you even on this board.
"I made you out for the clueless little clown you are "
Keep taking the drugs

southtyronegael

mickeys disciples are well rattled! they are a bit like the tyrone players at the minute, starting to doubt what its all about and how they could have been so badly brainwashed by the beard.

The Bearded One

This is thread is getting absolutely ridiculous at this stage. Any chance of just debating the football?

You can blame Mickey Harte all you want for a one point loss to Monaghan....but is it his fault that Richard Donnelly kicked ball after ball into a sweepers hands all night? Is he to blame for Niall Morgan misplacing a couple of kick-outs that led directly to scores or Mark Bradley going for goal twice when they weren't on. Was he to blame for Fintan Kelly kicking 3 points from 3 possessions because no one checked his runs at the start of the game? The players take the field and play to a devised game plan but when the game takes a life of it's own and they make mistakes or take wrong options it is not Mickey Harte's fault or Horse or Stevie O'Neill.

A bit of perspective is needed here. We simply don't have the resources to go all out attack and we don't have the defenders capable of going man to man..so we have to balance all that. I don't think anyone doubts a need to play with a more attacking approach and you can see already that they seem to be pressing further up the pitch with less men rushing back to stand on the D. You can also see more kick passing into the full forward line, this is a work in progress because we simply have ignored this skill for too many years. Last year we won league games and Mickey Harte ridiculed 'it was only the league'. This year we are losing these games and he is still wrong.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Tyrone Gaa

YES!! He is partly responsible for all mentioned. He can remove Richie from the game if he is repeatedly making errors. He can change the kickout strategy that he has asked of Niall or change his keeper if he cannot perform what he is being asked to do. Fintan Kelly could have been identified as a big threat going forward and make sure he is picked up.

Against Dublin last year Sean Cav said they were victims to the system, there was no movement from the system. So I'm assuming there is a system in place against Monaghan so if Morgan had a kickout plan that wasn't working can this be changed. If Richie was told when you get the ball get your head up and play it inside change to run at them and win the free or look for the support runner to break the defensive lines.

While Players will always make individual errors the examples outlined by you can be addressed by management and adopting the game plan to improve if the errors being made.
Living the dream!!!

The Golden Years

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 27, 2018, 10:12:47 AM
YES!! He is partly responsible for all mentioned. He can remove Richie from the game if he is repeatedly making errors. He can change the kickout strategy that he has asked of Niall or change his keeper if he cannot perform what he is being asked to do. Fintan Kelly could have been identified as a big threat going forward and make sure he is picked up.

Against Dublin last year Sean Cav said they were victims to the system, there was no movement from the system. So I'm assuming there is a system in place against Monaghan so if Morgan had a kickout plan that wasn't working can this be changed. If Richie was told when you get the ball get your head up and play it inside change to run at them and win the free or look for the support runner to break the defensive lines.

While Players will always make individual errors the examples outlined by you can be addressed by management and adopting the game plan to improve if the errors being made.
Monaghan obviously targeted Conall McCann and put Fintan Kelly on him so he could do what he done in the first 10 mins. I personally do not think Conall Mccann is up to the standard and Saturday night backed up my opinion. 

The Bearded One

Maybe Mickey views Richie Donnelly as one of our best options at kick passing and left him there to get the experience. Maybe he said go and try it Richie and I won't sub you for making these mistakes.

Conall McCann wasn't marking Fintan Kelly, Matty Donnelly was his direct opponent. I would also question Conall's ability at this level but wouldn't write him off just yet.
It is what it is. Presumably.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: The Bearded One on February 27, 2018, 11:03:29 AM
Maybe Mickey views Richie Donnelly as one of our best options at kick passing and left him there to get the experience. Maybe he said go and try it Richie and I won't sub you for making these mistakes.

Conall McCann wasn't marking Fintan Kelly, Matty Donnelly was his direct opponent. I would also question Conall's ability at this level but wouldn't write him off just yet.

And this would have been a mistake. A football match is 70mins if there are problems that are happening you make the change to attempt to address that problem.  It wont always work but you can't keep allowing the same mistakes to be made.  There is a small window of opportunity to address the issues by a change of personnel or a tactical change and then at Half time as well.  It was probably a bad thing Tyrone going into half time with a 1pt lead because Tyrone in no way deserved that from the balance of play and maybe allowed the players and management to think things are going well.
Living the dream!!!

the goal was on

yes i beilieve mattie donnelly was marking kelly yet   i presume he was told by management to run back and stand in front of full back line. this allowed kelly to get plenty of space and kick 3 points and nearly another before tyrone changed things. Player or managements fault?

The Trap

Some people on here (Redzone especially) are getting pretty upset, just like the boss after the McKenna Cup game! Anyway a few points:
Who are the best players on the U20 squad and could any of them potentially make a major difference in the next year or two?
Apart from Darragh Canavan are there any real gems coming through in the next few years?
If not then the current slide out of the top 4 will continue but will stop at about 7 or 8 as not many counties are remotely competitive at the moment. You see Cavan and Tipp sitting at the top of Division 2 and all you see is a yawning gap appearing between Dublin and the rest with only Kerry and Mayo capable of giving them a game and for how long?
Winning 3 Ulsters would be an historic achievement and worth aiming for but Ulster as a province is terrible at the moment. Compare this to the 90s when there was Donegal Down Derry Armagh Tyrone......Cavan won an Ulster, Fermanagh were decent.......only Antrim were poor. And in the rest of Ireland you had Galway and Mayo, Kerry and Cork, Dublin Meath Kildare and Laois......
My biggest problem with the present regime was that last year they were saying that this was the best squad there ever was but to me it is the worst we have been in a long long time but we are still in division one because other counties named above are just so poor now.

BennyHarp

Quote from: The Trap on February 27, 2018, 12:20:33 PM
Some people on here (Redzone especially) are getting pretty upset, just like the boss after the McKenna Cup game! Anyway a few points:
Who are the best players on the U20 squad and could any of them potentially make a major difference in the next year or two?
Apart from Darragh Canavan are there any real gems coming through in the next few years?
If not then the current slide out of the top 4 will continue but will stop at about 7 or 8 as not many counties are remotely competitive at the moment. You see Cavan and Tipp sitting at the top of Division 2 and all you see is a yawning gap appearing between Dublin and the rest with only Kerry and Mayo capable of giving them a game and for how long?
Winning 3 Ulsters would be an historic achievement and worth aiming for but Ulster as a province is terrible at the moment. Compare this to the 90s when there was Donegal Down Derry Armagh Tyrone......Cavan won an Ulster, Fermanagh were decent.......only Antrim were poor. And in the rest of Ireland you had Galway and Mayo, Kerry and Cork, Dublin Meath Kildare and Laois......
My biggest problem with the present regime was that last year they were saying that this was the best squad there ever was but to me it is the worst we have been in a long long time but we are still in division one because other counties named above are just so poor now.

Who in under God said that?
That was never a square ball!!

The Trap