Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

It's not been a great league campaign for Mattie alright.
I often get frustrated he's not much more influential in matches. Maybe I expect to much from him.

Why did he throw the punch at the end at O'Shea?

Redhand Santa

Quote from: tothetop03 on March 27, 2017, 10:12:40 AM
Ah feck went to Omagh yesterday it what proved to be a very frustrating day... i do think the players are not playing for the management due to the system i could be wrong but the body language of at least 5/6 players yesterday was poor.... i was asked last night would a new management team bring anything different... i really do think for talk sake if Malachy ORourke was the Tyrone manager we would be playing a different system that possibly would suit the type of players we currently have... this current system is not working and wont work if 5/6 players seem not to be playing it....

What different system do Monaghan operate than Tyrone? They track back in numbers and play a very similar game. It could be argued that with possibly the best forward in Ireland up front in McManus that Harte would actually get more out of the Monaghan team than they are currently getting. The one thing that has consistently beat Tyrone is not taking chances and missing frees.

tothetop03

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 27, 2017, 03:38:15 PM
Ah feck went to Omagh yesterday it what proved to be a very frustrating day... i do think the players are not playing for the management due to the system i could be wrong but the body language of at least 5/6 players yesterday was poor.... i was asked last night would a new management team bring anything different... i really do think for talk sake if Malachy ORourke was the Tyrone manager we would be playing a different system that possibly would suit the type of players we currently have... this current system is not working and wont work if 5/6 players seem not to be playing it....

What different system do Monaghan operate than Tyrone? They track back in numbers and play a very similar game. It could be argued that with possibly the best forward in Ireland up front in McManus that Harte would actually get more out of the Monaghan team than they are currently getting. The one thing that has consistently beat Tyrone is not taking chances and missing frees.

My point is that a change of manager may change system to what suits us not a system that has failed for the last i dont know how many years.in my opinion we have far better players across the board than most teams....

Fuzzman

I think what is the most frustrating things for the fans is we seem to not be learning from our mistakes or improving.
How many times over the last few years have we talked about the same problems. I don't think any other county seems to kick as many shots short into the keepers hands as we do. Maybe I'm wrong.
Is it overconfidence or players misjudging the distance.
Once yesterday near the end Colm Cavanagh did great to break inside two Mayo men's tackle and from about 25 yards out on the right wing he kicks it into the keepers hands rather than DRIVING it over with force.
Other players also guilty of the same thing time and time again.
It's hard to know what's wrong but to me there seems to be an over confidence or an attitude that they think they sometimes don't have to put in the hard work.
I thought McCarron has slowed up a bit or isn't as fired up as he usually is. He seems happy enough to track is man and let him get the ball as long as he doesn't turn him.
Maybe they were tired but going into the final 5-10 mins nobody really stood up and pushed hard for home to actually win the game.

southtyronegael

how the f**k would harte get more out of the monaghan team? we have all ireland winners at every level on our team and they are playing shite. id say if o rourke had the tyrone team hed have an all ireland won by now. o rourke has been fantastic at maximising his limited resources.

In hiding

Monaghan play with two forwards. Mc Manus has been average at best so far this year. Jack Mc Carron seems to be their main scoring threat in the league so far.
lol your probably right, Mickey would get more out of Monaghan than Malachy O Rourke.  ;D ;D ;D

ONeill

When you talk about pushing up on kick-outs...that's well and good, and Tyrone do spend a spell doing that, but as soon as it doesn't work it's panic stations. There's no confidence in the defence to leave them 6 on 6.

Did Tiernan McCann try to chip a keeper who was on his line in the first half? It's these silly in-game decisions that cost them. We were used to lads like O'Neill and Mulligan putting everything over. Also, late in the second, who went through and fisted the ball across the box to no one?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

teaminamillion

I can safely say this year even at this stage is a write off already. By the time Harte s gone it will be 2018 which will be nearly a full three years since the promise of 2015. The defeat against Kerry in Croker that year showed the same problems we have now. It was a grave mistake to give Harte a deal at that time as I said then and have been proven correct since. As a coach in the modern game he is just bloody clueless not like the old days when all a manager had to do was pick the team. Big Sean's. Tyrone career will finish in a wimper when it could have been so different.

southtyronegael

in the 2015 q final against monaghan our full forward line scored 12 points between them. mc curry 6, mc aliskey 5 and s cavanagh 1. we have went backwards bigtime and will continue backwards until someone has the balls to end this charade of a management team. im glad to see so many people on here now waking up to this fact. people shouldnt be afraid to say what they feel about harte and co any more. our great county is more important.

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: ONeill on March 27, 2017, 10:16:09 PM
When you talk about pushing up on kick-outs...that's well and good, and Tyrone do spend a spell doing that, but as soon as it doesn't work it's panic stations. There's no confidence in the defence to leave them 6 on 6.

Did Tiernan McCann try to chip a keeper who was on his line in the first half? It's these silly in-game decisions that cost them. We were used to lads like O'Neill and Mulligan putting everything over. Also, late in the second, who went through and fisted the ball across the box to no one?
McShane

teaminamillion

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 27, 2017, 10:36:16 PM
in the 2015 q final against monaghan our full forward line scored 12 points between them. mc curry 6, mc aliskey 5 and s cavanagh 1. we have went backwards bigtime and will continue backwards until someone has the balls to end this charade of a management team. im glad to see so many people on here now waking up to this fact. people shouldnt be afraid to say what they feel about harte and co any more. our great county is more important.
remember that game well, when Peter Canavan at the final whistle was in the sky studio he said in a self righteous moment of madness 'Where's all the Mickey Harte critics now?'. Lol. We haven't gone away you know! :D

southtyronegael

lol. i think theres more of them around now than ever!

teaminamillion

Quote from: Fuzzman on March 27, 2017, 02:00:16 PM
It's not been a great league campaign for Mattie alright.
I often get frustrated he's not much more influential in matches. Maybe I expect to much from him.

Why did he throw the punch at the end at O'Shea?
discipline has been terrible since Brian mcguigan got sent off v Kerry back in 2012. It was never a problem back in the noughties were now player frustrations at the whole set up are their for the whole world to see. Does Harte even talk to his players ie "Matty maybe you shouldn't go round punching people or getting involved?" Shambolic coach an shambolic management or maybe Gavin Devlin is the head of team discipline??lol

seanmc123

Quote from: ONeill on March 27, 2017, 10:16:09 PM

Please tell me a team in Ireland that leaves 6 on 6 at the back. Get your head out of the sand you fool

Redhand Santa

Quote from: southtyronegael on March 27, 2017, 10:01:17 PM

how the f**k would harte get more out of the monaghan team? we have all ireland winners at every level on our team and they are playing shite. id say if o rourke had the tyrone team hed have an all ireland won by now. o rourke has been fantastic at maximising his limited resources.

Sure according to you lads everything is down to our system and little to do with the players. The system is very effective as we regularly get more chances than other teams and keep them to a relatively low score. Our only problem is score conversion particularly from frees. So if Harte could get the Monaghan players playing the system we do and had McManus taking the frees and converting chances they'd be hard to stop.