Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

Mickey O'Neill was absolutely awful today. Certainly wouldn't have him start again. Gave all three goals away, poor kickouts etc.

ose 14

wouldnt say o neill was at fault for the three of them but he will have had better days. tyrone had  there so called system exposed today as were some of there so called transition men. our half forward line was woeful. lee breenan must start in place of mcaliskey ronan o neill again the only option for an out ball today constantly showed wheras the other 5 starters were happy to take ball off the shoulder. this might be the wake up call required however cavan have learned and if they improve there possession to scores ratio tyrone could be in bother.

winghalfback

Quote from: GlenMan on June 19, 2016, 03:47:21 PM
Mickey O'Neill was absolutely awful today. Certainly wouldn't have him start again. Gave all three goals away, poor kickouts etc.

All 3 goals? What about the 6 men in front of him? Do you think Morgan would have handled them situations better?

omagh_gael

How was the first goal his fault?? He shouldn't have been beat at his near post for the second but it was a freak goal in that the Cavan man just swung a leg at it and it scrapped the inside of the post. The third was a disaster, he had to stand his ground there.

Norf Tyrone

Lots of room for improvement for Tyrone today but we still could've won by 5 or 6. It might be a good result for us for two reason. Firstly it dampens the hype. Secondly I think our FB line is slightly porous and have been protected by Colm Cavanagh for some time now. Today Cavan bypassed CC and Tyrone were left vulnerable. Perhaps we can reshape that part of the team before it bites us again.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Justy, McNabb and perhaps the links of Hampsey or someone in the next day. Not sure if Sludden is the man for CHB too. I thought Cavan found it too easy to get balls into their FF line today, although I wouldn't blame Sludden entirely for this.

Did anyone think Tyrone looked very leggy today? The speed of movement was not what it was v Derry. Even Cavanagh one time threw a wobbler with his colleagues re that in the first half.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

redzone

Yeah they were so leatharic during the game I couldn't believe it. Build up play was so slow ponderous. Anyway the game changed for me when Micky oneill hit the poor kickout to Rory Brennan, Cavan scored and the whole momentum swung to Cavan. He is alright of a keeper but Morgan is by far superior. Two of their goals were spuare balls I thought

ose 14

the only goal o neill could be blamed for was the last in that he was never going to get to the flight of the ball from where he started. the first goal was not his fault mcshane and donnelly tore apart on the right and the second was cathal mccarrons for watching the ball and leaving moynagh on the post alone schoolboy defending. tyrones full backline is suspect hence cavnagh and mattie donelly having to sit all day to protect them. o neill should stay, mind you standing behind mccarron mccrory and mcnamee he might be happy enough on the bench. major surgery needed 2-4.

Norf Tyrone

Any word on possible TV coverage of the replay next weekend?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

winghalfback

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 26, 2016, 01:11:29 PM
Any word on possible TV coverage of the replay next weekend?

Rte1 at 2pm I heard

ose 14

tyrone cavan match maybe switched to sat to allow donegal monaghan xtra day.

skeog

no change to game next sunday still 4 pm other replay sat at 7

lenny

Quote from: skeog on June 26, 2016, 03:07:37 PM
no change to game next sunday still 4 pm other replay sat at 7

Just typifies the whole unfairness of our championship structures. Two teams get 14 days rest/preparation time for a replay while 2 other teams in the same competition are forced to play again 6 days later. Ridiculous that cavan Tyrone wasn't played this weekend.

driveherin

Tyrone Team for Sunday???
Morgan
McNamee McMahon McCarron
Sludden Brennan McCann
Matty Colm
Harte McCurry Richie
Skeet Sean RO'N

That means O'Neill, McRory, Bradley and McShane dropped....

Am I missing anyone obvious? Thoughts???

Dire Ear

Would have Meyler and McCurry on for Sludden and R Donnelly ,  but still 2 supersubs to have

Fuzzman

I watched the game again last night on BBC and our whole half line was very well held.
Cavan seemed to really target T.McCann as he shipped a lot of rough tackles and knocks.
As Norf said before we looked very leggy and slow all over the field.

Also thought the half forward line was poor enough and will be disappointed if Bradley starts this time.
Also think Meyler is a better option than McShane as he seems to work harder.
Is Justy fully fit? Is Joey just there to make up the numbers now. I presume he's got even slower than last year.

I can see Cavan continuing to hit in high ball just to keep our sweepers from pushing forward to join the attack.